1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Star Wars: KOTOR II Crashing After Text Crawl Cutscene

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Shin The Archmage, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Shin The Archmage

Shin The Archmage Well-Known Member

I've looked up this issue all over the net, but I'm hoping somebody here can help as it is rather vexing when a game you really want to play screws you over so much...

This is what I did.

1. Installed KOTOR II as usual.

2. Applied the v1.0b patch.

3. Applied my Crack (downloaded torrent) and set compatibility to Windows XP SP2, then I copied mss32.dll, never overwrite it, just moved it and copied in the one I downloaded from gamecopyworld.

4. Launched. After char creation, the game crashes.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling to use a No-CD Fixed Image, disabled with Pr0t.St0p, but no success... perhaps I'm not using Pr0t.St0p right...

I follow instructions to the note, I can't understand why it would not work, there shouldn't be any compatibility issues,
    Windows 7 32 bit, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Help, anyone?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The KOTOR games are difficult to impossible to get functioning on 7. Last time I looked, you couldn't set either game up on 7 and have them running successfully. Maybe that changed though. If somebody knows, I invite them to help so that I know in the future.

3. Shin The Archmage

Shin The Archmage Well-Known Member

Nothing changed... I've tried every possible solution I can think of and I don't really know anybody to help me with it, otherwise I would of had it a long time ago. I'm just going to try Windows XP in Windows Virtual PC... now I need a new ISO of XP... feel like hurting Micro$oft sometimes.