1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zemious

Zemious Member

I've done all the same stuff as the guy above.

2. ryanfsf

ryanfsf New Member

first, thanks for the tutorial :)
    but i got problem in version 0.9.7 , always get 20104. then i used john's dfc file but it still get error 20104. please help me :(
    oh yeah, for your info, my desmume cant make dfc file itself.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Zemious, Jamian, and Ryanfsf,
    I'm assuming you 3 are using Win 7 ? I really don't know why many Win 7 users have difficulties setting up DeSmuMe WiFi. I have installed the emulator on 2 of my Win 7 computer and was up and running the first time I set it up. I don't even need to troubleshoot anything. Maybe you need to try use the x32 bit version instead of the x64 bit. And really make sure your firewall allow the use of DeSmuMe and WinPcap, as well as make sure you're all using an Ethernet Network Adapter for your WIFI Configuration Infrastructure.

Jamian,
    1. I don't know what NVDIA MCP Network Adapter is, but whatever it is, you should
    be using a Network Adapter for Ethernet
    2. I don't know what Comcast is.

Really sorry I can't be of much help, cause I didn't suffer any of the above issues you guys mentioned; not on my Win XP computer nor on my Win 7 computers. When I install the DeSmuMe and WinPcap, I merely do as what I mention in page 1. I didn't have to do anything/troubleshoot anything.

It could be that something is blocking your ability to use the emulator, maybe the firewall or antivirus, but I really not sure what causes many Win 7 users unable to make use of the emulator's WIFI feature.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

nvidia MCP network adaptor is a built in ethernet adaptor on nvidia based motherboards. Make sure you're not using forceware network access manager, that's notorious for causing problems with stuff

comcast is a US internet provider.

5. Masih89

Masih89 Member

Ok um... well I got it working and all.
    To the 52000 error that i got, i think mainly it was due to my firewall, so i shut it all down.
    and for the 24010 or whatever error code, i just downloaded the file and also run the game everytime as admin ... umm.
    Well, i am not running on the custom firmware like mentioned, because it always had problems saving.
    But i think I have another problem now, well, everytime that i start the Desmume on a new, and try to log on GTS or dream world, it says that my WFC id has changed, and i get a new friend code and all, i can never get into dream world because of this... hmm..

Do you also have that problem?? or maybe not because your custom firmware can be saved?? I am running on the firmware edited in the DESMUME, it works, but it seems to "change" system everytime it is started.
    oh and yea, when I Load the game it says something about "COMMAND9: Unverified Backup Memory: 08 from 02180960" something like that.. do you get that too?

6. jamian

jamian New Member

i took your advice and downloaded the X64 bit emulator and changed all of the settings and now i get this error:

Error Code: 52100

Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Confirm connection settings and access point settings.

7. Zemious

Zemious Member

I've used both versions of the emulator, 32-bit and 64-bit. I have my firewall disabled as well when I try to get on Wi-Fi.
    I've tried both versions of the dfc files, but to no avail. I am obviously using an ethernet port and not wireless, I've been on WiFi with this PC using the same version of the emulator as last time before I reinstalled Windows 7.

8. ryanfsf

ryanfsf New Member

firstly thanks for ur advice. yes i use 7 32bit.
    but im already do all that stuffs
    and fyi, in my cmd screen (or whatever that comes up with desmume) says 'firmware: save config-failed' .
    its weird since in my 0.9.6 that text not appear .
    and in the first screen (that has calendar, pic to chat, like in real nds) , mine seems like already has a name 'Setya'. different from tutorial that has no name.
    sorry, my english sucks.
    can u upload your desmume files, maybe this will helps us
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Masih89

Masih89 Member

ALRIGHT GUYS!
    Huge Breakthrough here! (for me !)

For all those people That get Reset Friend Codes and similar status values, such as Incorrect WFC ID On a restart of the emu : Firmware is randomized if using the internal Firmware, using a successful external Firmware (saving that is) will keep the same "profile" even if you turn off the emulator or computer.

For all those people That can't save Custom Firmware Settings due to Config Save : Failed , Even having run as Admin : I believe this is a Windows 7 issue for some people, I'm not sure why it happens... well I reformatted PC yesterday Win 7 Clean, same error... :( ... BUT, I also installed Windows XP before the clean Windows 7, And as I had tested on my brothers computer which had XP and it worked PERFECTLY, I expected the coming results : PERFECT. :D

For all those with 20140, 52000, 52100, 52200 errors Just do the following, it just can't be said enough times :
    Disable all firewalls.
    Install WinPCap as Admin
    Download Slytherx's version of the emulator (or whatever his awesome name was)
    Get the firmware.dfc file from John3
    Get the BIOS files and a firmware file.
    Setup wifi to the Infrastructure ethernet interface in emulators wifi settings.
    Set up your custom firmware as the tutorial says (if your config fails to save even running as Admin on Win 7, then do as i did, get Windows XP (a REAL HASSLE though~)) and close the emulator.
    Make sure to Run WinPCap executable (rpcapd.exe) as ADMIN before starting the emulator. (well I'm not sure how it works (?) BUT IT has worked for me <,<)

10. Zemious

Zemious Member

I (as I said multible times, and so has others) have done all of these settings.
    1. I've disabled my firewall, I even tried adding an exception to the emulator. I also tried adding an exception with my Virus scanner just in case.
    2. We all have installed it via Admin on Windows 7. I can only assume so if nothing else worked, we'd try this too. It still didn't do anything, still get 20104.
    3. I've tried like 4 versions of it, I'm sure I have his.
    4. Downloaded and didn't help, at least it didn't help this situation (20104).
    5. Obviously we all have the bios and firmware files...
    6. We also have obviously done this. We'd of done this if we followed the tutorial.
    7. Not installing XP. Period.
    8. Didn't do anything, still get 20104.

If I came off seeming frustrated or saracastic, sorry. Everyone seems to be able to play online with DesMuMe and a select few of us can't for no apparent reason. I've tried everything I can think of, watched tutorials on YouTube, done countless Google searched but to no avail. I was able to play Pokemon Black/White on WiFi before I reinstalled, now I can't.

11. Masih89

Masih89 Member

hehe yea i know what ur talking about, I was the same as you, try disabling the custom firmware and run with the built in, its the only way it worked for me on win7, and ALSO I had always tried connecting just once and that had failed, but after a youtube guide it was said to try more than once and then it did lol, but even so, the game would always remake the wfc id, Wi-Fi worked though! but not the Dream World, since thats the main reason im even playing this lol.
    If you're on the built in Firmware's, try connecting more than one time, like either retest the connection or restart the emulator, I was surprised when it worked.

But anyway for me the best solution is having a custom firmware that Can Save Configs, and for me that only way was doing it in XP.

12. Prectorian

POKEMON C-GEAR PROMOTION

[​IMG]

Pokemon C-Gear Skin
    : Pikachu Aim for the Top
    Distribution Date : 7 July 2011 - 31 August 2012
    Password (Case Sensitive) : PikachuCGear

Promo News:
    Give your C-Gear a face-lift with a nifty Pikachu design! If you've already attended a Pokemon event and received a password to receive the Pikachu C-Gear Skin, you can enter it below. Once it's entered, you'll be able to customize your Pokemon Black version or Pokemon White version game with the Pikachu C-Gear Skin the next time you use Game Snyc! If you haven't receive a password for the Pikachu C-Gear Skin yet, visit a Pokemon event near you!

You must have a copy of Pokemon Black version and Pokemon White version and have its Game Sync ID registed at the Pokemon Global Link website to participate.

To use the Pikachu C-Gear Skin, you'll first need to receive the C-Gear in your game.

Note:
    For Meadow Munna C-Gear Promotion Skin, see page 6 reply #130.

13. Zemious

Zemious Member

How is this relevant at all? Why not make a new threat where it's actually relevant?

14. Prectorian

Because you can use DeSmuMe WIFI to Game Sync the Pokemon B/W to the dream world, and get to customize the C-Gear Skin for playing on the DeSmuMe. And you can even do the same method using DeSmuMe to later convert the save file for use on a console for people who don't have WIFI to connect with their console and has to resort to using DeSmuMe WIFI to perform the download-play.

15. ryanfsf

ryanfsf New Member

hello ?
    can anybody help me about why mine hape signature 'setya' on first screen (firmware) .
    see my post above . thanks

16. Zemious

Zemious Member

Sorry, that doesn't make your advertisement about C-Gear relevant to this help thread.

17. Prectorian

Relevent or not, its your opinion against mine, but its my topic thread anyway and I can freely post whatever I feel relevent to the subject of my thread, and that post is relevent enough for me because everyone can use the DeSmuMe WIFI to download the C-Gear skin promo through Game Sync. My sole purpose is to let everyone using DeSmuMe WIFI who are playing Pokemon B/W on it know that they can get the C-Gear skin just like those using consoles as per mentioned in the steps in page 6. And this 2nd skin promotion info is merely regarding the password needed to unlock it. I also post save files of downloaded bonus contents using DeSmuMe WIFI feature as well, which many have found useful cause I see many downloaded it from my mediafire folder.

Go to Config and choose Firmware Settings, you can change Setya's detail with yours. You might also need to activate Boot Like NDS from the WIFI CONFIG, go into the part as mentioned in step 2.c.3 page 1 click on the green icon and edit the user info. Almost all DeSmuMe program bear Setya's name in it cause its his uploads. Its normal, no need to panic about it. You can leave it as it is too.

18. ZetaZaku

ZetaZaku New Member

So I'm having this problem. I am trying to trade between a DS and Desmume. Everything work's as I entered the Wi-Fi club with both and I saw them there. So I tried requesting trade with one, and accepting with the other and then it said that it failed. And after a short while both disconnect (after 5-10min I think). Hope it's fixable.

19. Prectorian

@ZetaZaku,

Emulators aren't perfect replica of the console's ability, so there's always a limit to its ability in emulating the console's features, not to mention often laden with various issues. So no, there's no fix for it at least until someone makes it perfect, as for why it kept disconnecting its really depends on how stable your internet connection is when attempting to link the console with the emulator or when going online, but it goes back again to my first remark regarding emulators.
    *End Message*​

Update C-Gear Promotion

[​IMG]
    C-Gear Promotion: Twinkle Minccino
    Promotion Period: 14 July 2011 to 12 July 2012​
    Password (Case Sensitive): PGLWELCOME

Promo News:
    [​IMG]

Note:
    1. Pikachu Aim for the Top C-Gear Promo Password Page 9 Reply #211 (CLICK HERE TO GO DIRECT TO THE POST)
    2. Meadow Munna C-Gear Promo Password Page 6 Reply #130 (CLICK HERE TO GO DIRECT TO THE POST)
    3. There'll be 12 more upcoming C-Gear Distribution starting with Purrloin Pokemon Smash and Audino Pokemon Centre

20. bwfan

bwfan New Member

I am trying to connect to the Nintendo Wifi from desmume. I am sure am doing the right thing from the tutorials given, but it gives me error code 20100. I also get the connect message.
    Please help i've waited so long for this.

Here I get the connect message.

[​IMG]

and i get the error after a log time

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.