1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can I play DS games on a smartphone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Usernameladiesman218, Sep 15, 2014.

1. I have a Hisense U970 with the following specs running Android 4.2.1

1.2GHz Quad Core processor
    1GB RAM

Can I run DS games?

What emulator to use?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Yes you can, but with that spec I somehow suspect you'll have to expect it to lag badly, and heat will build up during play.

Best is Drastic, but you'll need to buy the apk from Google Play Store. The emulator requires you to run it online for license check probably against your registered phone number used in your Google account. If it doesn't match, the emulator won't run. So far, I couldn't find any working Drastic apk shared on the net that bypass the license check. There are other emulators too, some are free, but they have been reported to lag terribly or only play very limited rom selection.

3. Ahh that sucks, thanks though for the information!

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

My Galaxy S3 has 1.4Ghz quad and 1GB Ram and it plays DS games perfectly.
    Try DraStic, I've had no problems with it at all.

5. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Re: Can I play DS games on a smartphone?

My Smartphone specs is 1Ghz processor with 625mb ram and i could play a lot of nds games on it using Drastic.
    I didnt buy the emulator, but found an apk and cache folder on the internet. It worked for me.
    But i wont be giving any links here, so you have to google it for more info.

6. jackass@lala

jackass@lala Well-Known Member

nowadays the nintendo DS is really cheap at ebay. look in some auction and get the real DS instead.

7. hmfan

hmfan Well-Known Member

Okay your device looks to be a rather low level device for a quad core device. Here are the specs of your device.

Platform MT6589M A7 1.2GHz×4
    Band Dual card dual standby(WCDMA+GSM)
    WCDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA 900/2100MHz
    GSM/GPRS/EDGE 900/1800/1900MHz
    Memory 4GB(EMMC)+1GB(DDR2)
    Tcard Micro SD, upto32GB
    Display Type: Type:IPS TFT
    Display Size: 5 inch
    Display Resolution: QHD
    Display Color: 16.7 million color
    Display touch Pannel: multi-touch
    Main Camera 8.0M CMOS AF Flash
    Front Camera 0.3M
    BT Support,BT3.0
    GPS Support
    WIFI Support 802.11b/g/n
    FM Support
    Sensor
    Proximity sensor
    G-sensor
    Ambient light sensor
    Interface dual sim card slots (WCDMA+GSM)
    Micro SD slot
    MicroUSB,(USB2.0) Support charging and data transfer
    3.5mm earphone
    Side Key 3(up and down,power key)
    Touch Key 3(side: up and down,power key)
    Speaker Support
    Mic Support 2
    Vibration Support
    Attenna WCDMA+GSM,GPS,BT+WIFI
    Battery 2000mAh
    Charge time less than 4 hours
    Standby time WCDMA mode >220hours
    GSM Mode >110 hours
    Talking time WCDMA mode > 330 mins
    GSM mode > 430 mins

The important specs being near the top. in theory you should be able to run it, but possibly a little slow. But you are going to find that with a 4 gb rom you are out of luck with running much on that phone. You would be lucky to get much of anything app wise on that device with most of it being used by the system. Though by all means give it a try. but I would recommend something stronger... and not a samsung or an HTC as those are both bloated. If you want a nice phone spec wise for not a lot of scratch look for a one + one. May be an enthusiast phone but it's an amazing piece of hardware with little to no bloat at a low cost.

Though my Asus tf300t runs DraStic as full speed and no frame skipping and that's a tegra 3 at 1.2 ghz. but those quad cores are cortex A9's... more cores doesn't mean faster. it's the type of core that matters here.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Read that spec again. It's 4GB EMMC card PLUS 1GB DDR RAM. the 4GB is irrelevant for running anything, it's storage. It's the 1GB ram that matters.

I see no indication that the phone has a gpu in it, and the cpu clock is slow.