1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Batobo, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Batobo

Batobo New Member

So, i have a Ds Lite, and a R4 Revolution For Ds (ndsl/nds), but the ds stopped recognizing it, everytime i start my ds, it just takes to the screen with the god damn pictochat and the clock

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

3 possibilities;
    1. R4 cart is dead or didn't contact properly to the NDS cart slot
    2. SD Micro card is either dead or didn't contact properly to the R4
    3. NDS cart slot 1 is dirty or faulty

3. Benburnside

Benburnside New Member

the card is too old, so it's difficlut to see whether the card dead or not. Did you put the v1.62 firmware in it and use the 2g sd card. You can only use 2g sd card with this card. Then also check onther points that Prectorian said, if all faied, maybe you have to buy other r4 card.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Get a dry cotton bud and give the back of the R4 pins / contacks a rub, also blow into slot one of your ds.

I had this issues also, what fixed it was to unscrew the r4 and cut a bit of paper same size of board, place it at back of board the rescrew it , IE: Paper trick.

5. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Thought I should point out that this quoted part as per your mention; the SD Micro card size limit only applies if his R4 is the original R4 Revolution for NDS/NDSL. Which yes, if his cartridge is that, and he uses an SD Micro above the size limit will not be readable. While the remark about v.1.62 firmware only applies to R4 carts using WOOD R4, but that's irrelevant since the issue is not running rom. The issue here, is the cartridge and/or the SD Micro isn't detected by the console. Furthermore, only selected R4 can run WOOD, not all.

6. Benburnside

Benburnside New Member

Oh, i see, sorry for my mistake. thanks for correcting me.