1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Corrupted ISO for Wii (The Legend Of Spyro: Dawn of Dragons)

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by get_games, Jan 4, 2015.

1. get_games

get_games New Member

During the free download event I tried twice to download "The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragons" For the Wii and the first time. I could extract the ISO getting promoted it was corrupted. The second time I tried I didn't receive this error but the game was graphically UN-playable and just a complete mess of pixels.

program used for extracting was J-zip not sure if that means anything since it's worked with many other ISO on this site.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Use WinRar for most of the "newer" uploads on RomU:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

TL;DR version:

WinRar uses the newer RAR5 algorithm for compression and a lot of "other" extraction programs DO NOT YET support this newer method, which is what's causing most people's corrupted download extractions.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Some of the files recently added or re-added, were compressed using WinRAR v.5.0 or newer which incorporates RAR5 algorithm, other .rar extractor might not have added this into their software/application. Thus why there's been report of such error message you see. All you need to do is download/update WinRAR to the latest version. Which needless to say, the older files can be decompressed using any older .rar extractor.

4. get_games

get_games New Member

Been a while since posted. But due to many Rl issues I managed to get back to this. I downloaded the free trial version of winrar 5.21 (Not beta). received a similar error. It gave me a prompt after trying to extract. And said the file was corrupted or incomplete. I viewed the file info using winrar 5.21 and it said the file version standard was 2.9 and not under this newer format which is 5. As a final straw I tried having winrar repair the corrupted file sadly to no avail getting the same error; I hate to drive this so far but I feel it was important to update this for anyone who may choose this file.

Thank you for taking your time in response I'll try and get back sooner this time. :)

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I just doubled checked the file on the server and it's definitely not corrupted there. I see you have plenty of points but I added some any way so you can go redownload. Get a free download manager such as flashget or whatever so you can resume if the connection gets interrupted.