1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dolphin 2.0 Error

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mr.Villain, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Mr.Villain

Mr.Villain New Member

Hello, I have an error from Dolphin 2.0 (32-bit). I am trying to play GameCube games like Super Smash Bros. Melee (PAL version) and Mario Kart: Double Dash (USA version), but it says: Error Loading: Can't find file. I have DirectX9 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, Intel(R) Extreme Graphics 2, my computer is 32-bit, my computer is a desktop PC and here are my computer specs:

Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 3

Intel(R) Pentium 4
    Celeron(R) CPU 2.53GHz
    2.53 GHZ, 504 MB of RAM

Here's a screenshot of the error:
    [​IMG]

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

dolphin 2.0 is massively out of date, 4.0.2 is current so try that for a start.

chances are its not going to run very well whatever you do because you have a weak cpu and crap graphics.

3. Mr.Villain

Mr.Villain New Member

I downloaded Dolphin 4.0.2, but now it says: Failed to compile pixel shader.

Well, I think you're right about the graphics. They aren't very good. I think I won't use Dolphin anymore, since I am getting tired of these errors I am getting.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Also your processor is weak to run Dolphin anyway. I think you need at least an i5 or AMD equivalent.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You are correct & Loonylion, Mine pentium4 2.39Ghz 2GB RAM and no change with on board intel graphics card, As Mr.Villain mention "Failed to compile pixel shader" ,as it dose require a card with pixel shaded support, like Ge force, nvidia are ATI card are some think .

His and my specs are far to low.

4 the price of a pre-owned Wii with firmware 4.3 it worth it to play gamecube and wii games in softmod, 16GB flashdrive worked well for me.
    Normally between £25 - 20 pre owned.