1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Very slow typing speed on Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Site Support' started by Stanley Richards, May 12, 2010.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Not really sure what version I'm using, but it's definitely the latest. When i access the main page, the placements of the fonts get a bit out of place. And when I type it takes a few seconds for the word to show up. Firefox works just fine for me. Please alert me if this is just a bug with my version or if its a universal issue.

P.S, Search does not work well for me, so I could not search to see if there were similiar topics

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Nope, no such issue reported before, which is why search couldn't find it. And I'm honestly not sure what you mean. Which pages are being slow and how fast a CPU do you have? If it's a laptop is it then plugged into a power outlet while browsing or is it running on batteries?

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Try screenshotting when it happens prehaps?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I have noticed times when my (or others) computers are chugging along (busy with something), the keyboard response when typing in a text box will be slow. I can type a full sentence at times, and stop typing, and sit back and watch the words scroll along.

Open up your Task Manager (usually Ctrl-Alt-Del will bring it up) and see if any processes or applications are using up a lot of CPU/RAM

5. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

Why you are using IE?, don't you know that IE is the worst browser?
    If you DO have fire fox (or any other "good" browser) and you don't have any problems with it, then, Why you don't just use it and forgot about IE.

I don't have any problems with the search bar, are you sure that it don't work for you?, or you are saying that you don't know how to use it?

honestly, I don't understand what is your problem.

Do you have the same problem with any other browser?, other than IE (I know that you already try-ed fire fox). Opera, Avant, google chrome, etc.?

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is working,
    but, try clearing your browser history.

7. Stanley Richards

I've done as everyone told. I'm using IE as its the fastest for me. But for some reason, EVERY single area of RomU seems to type slow for me. I can show you a screenshot of the main page for me.

Edit: Heres a picture of the main page for me

[​IMG]

This happened whilest typing the edit :

[​IMG]

Also, I'm running a decently fast computer. 4GB Ram, I5 Processor.But the thing is that the speed problem only happens when I'm writing from the quick-reply box. When I'm editing it, no problem.
    And another issue arises. It seems when I hit "save" to enter my message, it shows a "?>" message on a blank white screen, then comes back to the topic.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Okay I can verify the forum theme issue, I shall attempt to fix it.

9. Stanley Richards

Thank you Seph. And thank you for everyone who tried to help me. Sorry if I'm unaware of the site issues these days. My examinations were going on and I could not go on so often, therefore not being kept up too date.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you have malware. Mywebsearch is one of the more intrusive ones.

11. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

I had it. I recommend SuperAntiSpyware or Malwarebytes to Remove it.

12. Stanley Richards

Can't I just an antivirus to remove it?

13. Loonylion

no, AV programs cannot remove malware. You need dedicated malware removal programs such as malwarebytes antimalware or spybot search and destroy.

14. Stanley Richards

Thanks, I hope their free. I've got no money to pay for these stuff.

15. Loonylion

they are, yes. Malwarebytes has a paid version but the free version does the job.

16. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

also, you could try SmitFraudFix. Worked great for me. (and it's free)

17. Loonylion

smitfraudfix is specific to smitfraud malware.

18. Stanley Richards

I've found hundreds of malware on my computer thanks to malwarebytes. Thank you everyone for this suggestion. But I'm still typing slow though.

19. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

take some lessons...

nah I was joking, just change your browser... IE is REALLY the worst of all the browsers have lots of bugs... even the newest version

20. Stanley Richards

Yes, but thats the only broswer I have that does not take 10 minutes to open up.