1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@Somemess89,

The 'crap we're gonna nuke a packet.....' is a message to show that there is an 'upload' and/or 'download' process going on. So it will show up in several rows much like if you are trying to play video where you see a 'buffering' process or when you download you see a percentage status.

Emulators aren't perfect duplicate of the real console, so there are bound to have limitations, especially since its an emulator, its speed and effectiveness rely on how good the computer spec and internet connection is, thus its not uncommon that users will suffer from unstable connection causing fail to trade/battle, etc. Its not something that can be solve as its not the emulator issue, but more technical related to your and or your friend's computer spec and internet stability/speed.

Simple way to transfer it if you can't do it on DeSmuMe feature is to use PokeSav or PokeGen. Extract your gen 4 pokemon into a .pkm extension file, then load it into the B/W.

2. somemess89

somemess89 New Member

Thanks for the quick response. Is there anything that we can do to try to alleviate the problem? Both of us have solid internet connections and decent riggs. It's just so frustrating to feel so close making it work, to have it fall just short. Do you think that slight overclocking would help at all?

3. Prectorian

You could try doing that, another alternative is to maybe try unticking the 'enable-advance bus-level timing' found under General in the Emulation Settings in Config option, to make the Arm9 run at 99%. Though frankly I've not tried messing around with the settings.

4. Shadow-5471

Shadow-5471 Member

I experienced your problem as well: GTS worked, PGL and Game Sync too, but when I tried to connect to a friend it just hang there. One of you two (or both) may try to change your router settings: enable UPnP is a must, beacuse a DS needs all the UDP ports forwarded for the connection to work (this info is available on the Nintendo troubleshooting website). If you still have problems, you may have to change your router. I had to do that because my previous one had a particular way of dealing with port forwarding... And simply didn't allow me to configure the ports properly.

5. somemess89

somemess89 New Member

Thanks for your insight. Were you able to get WFC trading and battling to work and be stable with your new router?

6. Shadow-5471

Shadow-5471 Member

Absolutely. I could battle and trade easily with that friend I mentioned before.

7. Benx92

Benx92 New Member

i have tried enabling the wifi but i'm getting error 52000
    this is my intrenet connection:
    [​IMG]
    should i be able to connect it or not?

8. Shadow-5471

Shadow-5471 Member

@Benx92

Are you using Desmume SVN 3947? It's the only SVN version that works well. If you are, download the firmware.dfc replacement n°2 provided in the first post of this thread. and replace it in your Desmume folder (NOT inside the Firmware folder, just in the main desmume, where the .exe is placed).

9. Hei

Hei Member

@shadow-5471

wanna be my trading buddy? lol
    I wanna make some of my pokemon evolve and whatnot but my friends are just darn lazy to start their pokemon quests.
    I'm also looking for dream pals!!
    anyone, absolutely anyone is welcome to become my dream pal...or rather.. make me your dream pal pls! haha

10. EVIL JADEN

EVIL JADEN Active Member

hey prectorian! how are you my friend? hope your fine
    am back from a loooooooong time of studying for my exems anyway i wanted to ask you something
    does the new 0.9.8 desmume have wifi yet?

11. Prectorian

No. The v.0.9.8 does not support WIFI at all. You'll have to wait until the 'dev' group add those support into the v.0.9.8 SVN version.

12. I have a question. Im getting this to work on Windows 7, everything is fine, but not on Windows XP

Can someone tell me what should i do? Which version should i download and so on

Thanks

13. Prectorian

Just follow page 1, try SVN r3947.

14. PkmnTrainerApollo

PkmnTrainerApollo New Member

In the latest version of DesMume SVN's, is it now possible to go online via USB dongle modem or are there any progress? Thanks. :)

15. Which one do you mean? I know what to do, but i guess there is a version that works best with Windows XP computers.

1. DeSmuMe v.0.9.6 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.1 :
    2. DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.1 :
    3. DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.2 :
    4. DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 WIFI (WinPCap not included):
    *For 32bit computer :
    *For 64bit computer :
    5. DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3962 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.2 :
    6. DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3963 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.2 :
    7. DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r4003 WIFI (WinPCap not included) :
    *For 32bit computer :
    *For 64bit computer :

I was using this one for Windows 7

2. DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3947 WIFI with WinPcap v.4.1.1
    (i replaced the Firmware.dfc in the folder with this one: DeSmuMe WIFI firmware dfc replacement 2.rar )

Its working, but when im using this on Windows XP with the same setting, it will not work

16. Prectorian

@ PkmnTrainerApollo,
    The dev team hasn't mention about any added compatibility for the WIFI feature beside LAN Wired.

@ ronaldo123456789,
    For XP, just do as stated on page 1, no hanky panky. Setting up on Win7 and Vista can bump into DRM protection issue, but not on the XP, its very straight forward. The question to answer is while setting it (SVN r3947) up on the XP did you also have the Win7 computer hooked to the same router? If yes, it could be the issue (conflicting IP port). You can't have 2 DeSmuMe trying to link via the same IP port yet alone the same router at the same time.

17. I guess this is the problem. I installed winpcap and used the same acces point on windows 7 and xp.

What can i do? Im sure you can trade on different roms on 2 computers with desmume

Sorry for my english

18. Prectorian

Yes, but not over the same IP far as been mentioned by the dev group. However, for experiment, you could try to assign a static IP on the XP, assign any number in the 10 multiplication higher than the IP use on the Win7. Example. if the Win7 is on IP 193.167.1.1, then assign then XP to run on 193.167.1.10. Maybe it will do the trick, maybe it won't. Just keep in mind that the dev group had said that 2 DeSmuMe run on the same computer hasn't any capability to trade as it hasn't anyway to emulate the IR feature found on DS. Also running 2 DeSmuMe on 2 different computer but on a single IP will conflict (which is what happen in your case). However, no harm trying to 'trick' it. If it doesn't work, then it will not work.

19. Thanks so far.

I have a new problem.

Like i said, everything works fine for Pokemon Black/White.

I can get event pokemon via wifi, can connect to the dream world and the GTS works fine too.

But not the wifi club. I cant trade with nobody. Can someone help me?

20. PkmnTrainerApollo

PkmnTrainerApollo New Member

Off topic:
    Is it possible to get a shiny starters via SRing in Desmume? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.