1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChangeJD

ChangeJD Well-Known Member

Re: the black screen problem on NO$GBA 2.6a

Alright guys...anybody running No$GBA needs to look at andyman12's post. That patch completely fixes the blackout problem.

2. fdg

fdg New Member

Can anyone link to that patch? It says the topic is gone or something :/

3. ChangeJD

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYATR5X1

4. shadshaddo

shadshaddo Member

for some reason it crashes after i click on the pokemon game on the ds menu

5. costas94

costas94 Member

Sorry about being a noob but when a press 1 in the eNDcryptS,it says ''Windows couldn't open PatchEngine.dat''.After that it patches the ROM normally then run the ROM and follow the instructions:

''-Extract firmware/bios files to no$gba folder
    -Put ROM in encrypt folder
    -Run encrypter
    -Press 1

-Run no$gba and open the (now encrypted) ROM
    -AS SOON AS THE FILE BOX CLOSES (while the screens are still white)
    open the emulation options (F11) and change the option under
    "Reset/Startup Entrypoint" to GBA BIOS. After hitting OK,
    immediately reset the game (numpad *). If you did it right, you'll
    see the DS menu as you would on a real DS. Play it normally from there.
    If you reset too late, or use an unencrypted ROM, it will crash.

Make sure the save type is set to automatic (2.6a).''

Then when the DS start screen appears,I choose the game,but then it says the ''FATAL!The ROM image has crashed''.

What am I doing wrong? :(

6. shellshar5

shellshar5 Member

same happens to me :(

7. Dark_HAwk

Dark_HAwk New Member

You're doing it slightly too late. It works for me. Just make sure the Game freak logo/ dates don't appear.

8. shellshar5

shellshar5 Member

I do it while the screen its still white...maybe too early? I am so frustrated XD

9. wellthen

wellthen Member

I am incredibly sorry for my noobishness, but how exactly does this patcher work, i open the patcher (the file with the leaf sprite) and click the right button followed by my heart gold rom, then i close the patcher (leaf sprite) and continue to open the emulator, however once again after i open my rom the game screen still goes black after i create my character.

10. costas94

costas94 Member

The Game Freak logo/dates don't appear.It shows the DS menu,but when I start the game,it crashes.Like I stated in my previous reply,when I encrypt the ROM it says ''Windows couldn't open PatchEngine.dat'' and then it continues patching.I don't know maybe a wrong encryption ???

11. ChangeJD

You are using the wrong patch. That is the patch to fix some of the freezing problems.

This is the patch to fix the black screen problem:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYATR5X1

12. Rob50246

Rob50246 Member

I have tried that, all i get when i try and patch it is "windows cannot open this file: PatchEngine.da1
    To open this file windows needs to know what program created the file" blah blah.

13. wellthen

wellthen Member

Well i have bypassed the black screen however now the game keeps freezing despite being patched by the 'Leaf' patcher. Is this a problem for everyone?

14. costas94

costas94 Member

@ ChangeJD

That's what I also get,but I have a suggestion.Can the people in RomUlation upload an already patched version,so that we only have to download the DS BIOS?

15. ChangeJD

Yeah...the game is freezing no matter what you play it on...even the leaf patch doesn't completely fix that.

The only problem with uploading an already patched version is that when you use the black screen patch on the game, it makes it where you have to go through the DS Home screen to get to the game...so in a way, it messes up the loading process of the game. They might be able to do it, but I doubt it. You might have to take that one up with Seph.

16. wellthen

wellthen Member

^^^If they do go forward with this idea, please makesure you add the save enabling patch as well as the anti-freeze and no black screen patch.

However if what you are saying about the Leaf patch not completely fixing it is true then do we have any hope of playing a complete version of this game through a rom or will we all have to buy the legit copy?

17. ChangeJD

I am sure that they will eventually put out a patch that will fix all of the errors. You have to remember that the game has barely even been out for half a day. These patches have just been thrown together. After they have a little more time, they will be able to put out better patches that will fix our problems.

Until then, I guess we must be patient...

18. costas94

costas94 Member

That's the best thing to do for now.Let's just hope a patched version which would have fixed all the problems will be uploaded.But I have a question; the guys who dumped the ROM image didn't notice these problems?

19. ChangeJD

It isn't like he purposefully dumped a ROM full of problems. The community really wanted the rom, and he dumped it before the game is even out! We can't really complain about crashes and what not, because in the end, we already have the game.

20. costas94

costas94 Member

No,no I didn't mean that.I wanted to say that wouldn't be more sensible if they first tried to find a workaround about these problems and then release it?Also the main purpose of a ROM is that it's used as a backup,regardless if we use it to play/test games for free.The secondary purpose of a ROM is to make it available as soon as possible to the public.

P.S:By the way,because I am kinda new here,great site guys!!! ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.