1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario Kart ds won't let me use download play

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by clarkkent, Aug 6, 2007.

1. clarkkent

clarkkent Member

Hi guys i am having problems with the ds download play. Most of the games from this site don't let me use download play, they either can't find the other ds or just say downloading for ages. Does anyone else have this problem? I can't use ds download for mario kart. Can someone please help. Cheers.

2. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

How are you playing them? If you're using an R4, then you just need to download and install the new firmware that was released.

3. clarkkent

clarkkent Member

I am using an r4. How do i download and install the new firmware? Cheers

4. cfiniris

You go over to the R4 website here, download the V1.11 kernel, then extract the files and stick them on your MicroSD card, overwriting the ones already there.

5. clarkkent

clarkkent Member

Ok Thanks a lot mate.

6. clarkkent

clarkkent Member

Did what you said, but the 2nd ds without the game in it keeps saying downloading for 30 mins. It should take 10 mins. Need more help if possible. Cheers.

7. cfiniris

That should have worked, actually...maybe your SD card is too slow...

8. mchiang90

mchiang90 Member

i know whats your problem!!

i had the same problem too!!

u trimmed it with the old trimmer.....

u have to use the new trimmer to support download play!

its trimmer 2.0

9. Septum

Septum Member

How do you use that trimmer?

10. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

He is most likely doing everything right but Mario Kart dump has issues with the DS download play.

I saw it on a few other sites posting that it will not work for the game. I have tested it and I've had the same issue.

Both players must have the rom bought or not to play multi.

Honestly, I really don't think anyone trying to get the DS download play with this game is going to get it to work.

There is no resolution because the dump is the source for the problem.

Unless anyone thinks I'm totally off my rocker and they have successfully gotten DS download play to work for Mario Kart let me know. ..

BTW the New Super Mario Bros. has problems too. For some reason after playing for a bit it will no longer be syncronized with the other player when using the DS download play.

# Mario Kart DS
    - FAIL: Download play broken.
    # Metroid Prime Pinball
    - PASS: Download play works.

11. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

havnt tried it, try useing a non trimmed rom.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it is unlikely to be the dump, a dump is a bit-for-bit reproduction of the rom chip in the cartridge

13. timothywong

timothywong Member

Trimmers usually cut off too much data and end up making download play not work.

R4's have isssues with Download Play which should be resolved in future updates, if you want a card with full download play compatibility, try a DSTT or CycloDS.

14. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

I did that on my R4 with my friend.. For me, it didnt work either.. dont know why

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

DSTT's are bad. They're not very good. My mate has one.

16. pulidohe1

pulidohe1 New Member

Hello,

I am new to this and I am wondering after you download a Wii ROM and unzip it, how do you play it on the Wii?

Thank you.

17. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

To play Mario Kart DS on your Wii, you can try using DeSmuMe Wii, an emulator for playing NDS games on the Wii console.

18. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

you did read his post right. he wanted to know how to take a "wii iso" and "play it on his wii". Basicly hes going to need the following things. a dvd to burn the iso, and a modded wii to play burn games. The fact he put his post in this thread, means his techical skills are of that of a beginner.