1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mini-Rants Thread

Discussion in 'Rants' started by trimbletown, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Tell that to someone who only earns $3USD or less per day :p

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I know people that own credit cards but would never use them online.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You know me so well. :-* :p

4. SandPro

SandPro New Member

Sick of your mom

5. !

I am sick of drivers in the southern US! If you ride my ass because I'm doing the speed limit, I'm going to brake because I don't want your giant truck crushing my tiny car when I hit a deer. The fines for speeding aren't worth saving a maximum of 10 minutes for your average drive (without driving fast enough to get your license revoked). Most people go about 10 mp/h over, which will save you around 2 minutes for a 50 mile trip. Is a $70 fine worth those 2 minutes?

Also, stop using your bright lights for everything! Those are meant for LOW visibility, not all night. There's especially no call for that shit in the middle of town. If you can't see the road, try turning your GPS off, your phone off, and dimming your dash lights, your eyes will adjust and you can see more than with the brights on you inbred morons! When you leave them on at oncoming cars, they can't see anything thanks to your stupidity!

6. Loonylion

more to the point, if you get pulled over, you'll be stopped more than 2 minutes, probably at least 5. so driving within the speed limit is actually the quicker option by a greater margin than the margin the excess speed would gain without being pulled over.

in the UK the fine is roughly equivalent to 100 usd. And 3 penalty points. Or worse, depending on how much you're over and how many prior offences you have.

7. Prectorian

Where I am, there's no such thing as "speeding" or getting fine for speeding. In fact "speeding" isn't in the police's list of traffic violation. It's always congested all day long, hell no one could go above 3rd gear. :p

8. Well, officers here in the US are lazy bastards and are only concerned with pulling people over closer to the end of the month when they're trying to hit quotas. Therefore the risk is lower but still there.

9. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

I too am sick of how drivers drive on the western side of the US. It seems like a bad habit all over this country.

Oh that reminds me. The highways over here on the western front are crazy. I have been pretty busy lately the past month and I tend to take the safe route on the slow lane all day. I don't prefer to drive at crazy speeds unlike other people (who drive like nascar racers for no reason). Freaking gets me thinking if those folks have a stick up their buttcrack. So yeah I know how time isn't worth the fine. :)

10. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

You all are here talking about speeding while I'm afraid to drive above 50mph and that limits me to looking for a job in my area because I'd probably get rekt on the highway.
    Also it's hard to look for a job with ABSOLUTELY NO QUALIFICATIONS

11. Loonylion

guy in a 200,000gbp ferrari got pulled over for speeding on the M40. Turned out he had no license or insurance either, so the cops took his car off of him.

12. Prectorian

Life's a bitch, unlike in games, there's no reset, undo, or try again option whenever you screw up and made a wrong turn. There's no undoing the choices you took, live with the dent for life, no point regretting your mistakes. Easier said then done, I'm regretting mine, still do.

If it consoles you, these days even with proper qualifications, it's still fucking hard to find a job. When you do get a chance for an interview, they would belittle you to the point you'd be uncomfortable staying. When you do landed on one, it might not be what you'd expect or like doing.

13. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

My back is still hurting a week and a half after a car crash :(

14. Prectorian

I can understand taking away the guy's car because of not having drivers license, but because of no insurance? Get real. If he or the car got into an accident, he's paying without coverage. He got the money to buy the car, fixing him at the hospital or the car at the auto repair shouldn't be an issue for his wallet. The cops were finding excuses to take the car for a spin, Ferrari is meant for speeding. The speed limit marker is the one at wrong for setting the limit too low for a Ferrari, take that off the road instead. :p

15. Loonylion

section 165 of the road traffic act gives the police the power to seize uninsured vehicles. if he got into an accident with another driver it would be THEIR insurance paying, which then results in higher premiums for everyone. Better to get them off the road before they have an accident and potentially kill somebody.

16. Prectorian

Laws in Britain really are tight and covers almost everything. Where I am, police only seize vehicles if they caused an accident or is involved in a crime. Not everyone is insured, and only new vehicles are insured at purchase from official dealers for a max of 4 years, after that few bother insuring their vehicles. The law doesn't stipulate it. It is also common sight to see under age kids driving cars/riding motorcycle on public roads where traffic regulation applies (rules not applicable on residential road/street), adults without driver's license (so are those under age drivers/riders), riders not wearing proper safety gears, vehicles not meeting proper safety standards, vehicles going the wrong way deliberately or disobey traffic regulations, speeding above speed limit, stopping/parking wherever they find convenient disregarding it causes congestion and road hazard, and vehicles unaccompanied with it's documents on board, or even vehicles whose tax are overdue. Short to say, the only traffic rules you should obey here are; don't ever get caught, don't give the popo reason to stop or arrest you, and most importantly don't ever cause a nasty accident that causes someone dead or critical.

17. msg2009

The cunt that nearly killed me in a car crash has denied liablity. He pulled out across a main road as I was driving at 60mph, I didn't even have time to react. I'm gonna sue him for everything he has the prick. You should accept your fuck ups and pay for them, not try to worm out.

18. Loonylion

if he pulled out into a main road without looking he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

19. msg2009

I know. I have dozens of witnesses who were on a coach turning at the junction, one of them was a policeman too.

Plus I received an email from the policeman that was first on the scene, it contained this:
    "As I suggested at the scene, I do not consider you blameworthy in any way, and the initial accounts obtained from the independent witnesses confirm this. "

He's not gonna get out of it, I wont let it go now. I want him jailed, if not for dangerous driving then perverting the course of justice or something.

20. Loonylion

I don't think a perverting charge would apply, all he's done is deny liability. Most likely he'll get a driving without due care and attention, and/or dangerous driving charge. Whether or not that would qualify for a custodial sentence would be up to the magistrate, however it's likely that he will lose his license and/or be given a driving ban.