1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how to change disc on epsxe

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by am1g0s, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. am1g0s

am1g0s New Member

i start to play metal gear solid but i dont know how to change to disk 2 on epsxe emulator somebody help me..!

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

save at the end of disk one when asked to, then close ePSXe and reopen it and load disk 2, you should be able to load your game.

3. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

You can also push escape when it asks to change discs to get back to the emulator start up screen. Then click on file, and select the change disc option. If you playing with an ISO then select that or select CD change if you using your CDROM.

4. spiky

spiky Member

Umm... the same thing happened to me, but not with metal gear solid, and there's no option on saving just before changing the disk. I play valkyrie profile, and I can't change the disk to disk 2. I've tried using the 'change disk' option, but it's not working. The screen just appear black. Is there any way I can play disk 2 without saving option or using 'change disk'? (I'm using ISO by the way)

5. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Generally with games that require disc changes, they ask you to save exactly before the disc has to be changed. Once you save, you can simply start disc 2 and load straight from there. For every game with multiple discs that I have played, this is the case, so I am not so sure why the games you mentioned don't have the option to save before hand. I am pretty sure Metal Gear Solid also asked you to save before you changed discs but I could be wrong. The ePSXe help file states that changing discs does not always work. So i'm afraid your only two options are the one Almo suggested, or just keep trying the change disc option the emulator has.

6. spiky

spiky Member

oh yeah... this topic has not closed.... but better make new topic than asking in someone topic....

7. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

I have huge problem with Koudelka.
    In disc 1, I can't save before changing discs. So, when the changing part starts, "Change disc" doesn't work. not with ISO, not even when I burned the ISO-file to CD and tried it that way. It just shows the "Change disc to disc 2"-screen.
    What to do? Mod my PS2, or throw the goddamn computer out of the window?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ePSXe has a change disc option?

9. NekoHennuli

Doesn't work.
    And because I can't save, I can't shut the emulator down after disc 1 and then start with disc 2. I have to always start in disc 1, last place I've saved.

10. tomitanoshii

tomitanoshii Well-Known Member

Use Psxemulator. Apparently it can change games with multiple discs with no problem. Just follow this guide for changing discs http://psxemulator.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rules&action=display&thread=1057.

Play the game with this emu 'till you get to a save point then you could go back using epsxe. You could use the same memory card with this two so saving wouldn't be a problem. You could also do the long way and follow this guide: http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=13921&page=2

11. NekoHennuli

Thanks, it worked!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.