1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can a DSi Play ROMs?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sonic532, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namika

namika New Member

can some one please tell me which is the best flashcard for the Dsi, i've been trying to look up information that will help me, so far ive found the EZ Flash IV and R4 Ultra SDHC R4 Revolution

i've seen some comments that the EZ Flash isn't very mac friendly for some reason, and the R4 looks a bit fishy.

Over all i just want something that is as simple to use as my old R4, because finding the right flash card is integral in me upgrading, and I'd welcome any help you can give me.

thank you very much in advance ^____^

n.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

neither of those carts work on the DSi. You want either a Cyclodsi, or an acekard2i (note the i on the end, denotes its a DSi flashcart)

3. namika

namika New Member

is the Cyclodsi the CYCLO EVOLUTION DSI i've seen in some shops? Or is the cyclo team developing something else?

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Most likely it's a fake cart, I do not believe the CycloDS team has made a DSi version yet.

5. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

DSi flashcarts work on the DSi, The DSi will end up like the wii, "updates" block out ROMs, firmware cracks it, rinse, repeat

6. namika

namika New Member

sooo confusing T____T, i just some one to outright recommend one cause me gooling up on these things is just making me even more confused

7. chaosakira

chaosakira Member

How much do DSi flashcarts cost and will the DSi flashcart be able to play the original DS games or ONLY DSi games?

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The DSi flashcarts will be able to play regular DS games yes. DSi specific has not been achieved yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.