1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Softmodded PSP keeps freezing when playing PSP ISOs.

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Mannike54, May 27, 2015.

1. Mannike54

Mannike54 Member

Hey all,

I'm fairly new to PSP homebrewing but so far I've managed to get everything working. I can play PS1 games without issue, got some custom themes, et cetera.

But I'm having trouble getting an ISO of Taiko no Tatsujin Portable DX working, consistently at least. I've got the ISO and all the DLC installed, and the game itself works fine, but it will randomly freeze - whenever it accesses the Memory Stick. I can play for about an hour and have no problems, then it'll just freeze while loading the records for a song. Other times it'll freeze after playing for only a minute or two. After it freezes, the PSP will hang for about 10 seconds, then turn off.

I've looked online for solutions but they all seem to be different, and none of them seem to work. Can anyone who's experienced with PSP homebrewing give me a hand here? Below are my specs:

PSP-3002 (Australia/New Zealand)
    Official firmware 6.60
    32GB Sony Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo
    Softmodded - Light Minimum Edition (LME) for 660

Using 6.60 VSH menu with the following settings:
    CPU Clock XMB: Default
    CPU Clock Game: Default
    USB Device: Memory Stick
    UMD ISO MODE: Normal (but I have tried M33 driver, ME driver, and Inferno, none work properly)

Recovery settings:
    Configuration:
    UMD Mode: same as ISO mode above
    Fake Region: Japan (hasn't made any difference though)
    NoDRM Engine: Enabled
    Hide CFW Dirs from game: Disabled (I need this disabled for the DLC to work)

Thanks for any help in advance!