1. This forum is in read-only mode.

how to downgrade a DSi ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gb11, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gb11

gb11 Member

guys n gals, i got my DSi this morning, before unboxing it i got the R4i (gold). i played a bit then decided to use the wifi on the DSi... ( stupid me ) the system said that a system update was needed so i did it... and now my DSi has the 1.40 firmware and the R4i isnt working on it..

is there a way to downgrade it ? to reverse to process ? anything ?

2. azman2000

azman2000 Member

Nope, you gotta wait a while for a fix.

3. rastagoth

rastagoth New Member

that's what i have been hearing too. my cousin installed the internet for me on mine while i was at work and upgraded it. :'(

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Supposedly teams from EZ and R4i have bypassed this update. http://www.gbatemp.net/ You should wait a little bit.

5. gb11

gb11 Member

how long would it take in your opinion?

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Depends on how long it takes them to work out any bugs. Hard to tell unless you are working on the team, and I'm sure they won't tell you exactly when either, to avoid any issues come the given day if something went wrong with their development.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

All sensible developers use the Blizzard release schedule: When its ready.

8. aj2912

aj2912 New Member

That sux. I just upgraded mi dsi now an d my R4i didnt work and now im reading this!

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

R4i (one of them, I believe there are a few using the R4i name, I don't know exactly which) has a DSi 1.4 fix out.

10. lenardo2

lenardo2 Active Member

NOOO!!! :'( i am soo pissed now! i'm so dumb! i updated to DSi 1.4 now i cant use r4i DX. is there a fix yet?

11. Nathan_26

Nathan_26 Well-Known Member

happened to me too , i just got an Ackard2i and had to update it on my cousin's ds lite, very strange but it works now :D

12. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

As a matter of interest,is there a sticky thread warning people not to update software

13. ifuhrmann

ifuhrmann New Member

Happen to me im angry i have to play on ds lite now plz tell me if theres a way to downgrade it PLEASE

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there isnt. Depending on your flashcart there may be a way to update your flashcart so it works again.

15. maggers

maggers New Member

I had upgraded my NDSi to the 1.4 version. At this stage I have been unable to get my R4i Gold card to work, even with the latest downloads.

SOLUTION: I purchased a EZ Flash Vi card, downloaded the V12 firware upgrade, ran this on another NDSi console and it upgraded the card. When I put the card back in my NDSi console it worked just fine. FANTASTIC - very happy girl!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.