1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP Emulator that can run a .iso file

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Kiekoes, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

So I just downloaded Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep for PSP, but it's an .iso file, and JPCSP doesn't support .iso files. Does anyone know which emulator I can use to play it?

Thanks in advance.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

JPCSP do support ISO files, try putting the file in umdimages folder, and then 'Load UMD'.

and it's the only PSP emulator that can run PSP games at the moment.

3. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

wait? what's an umdimages folder?

edit: nvm found it but when i click on 'Load UMD' and go to the umdimages folder and click on the iso file it sais:

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I doubt the PSP emulator will be able to run Birth By Sleep. And like the error says, the emulator cannot decrypt the encrypted Boot files. You'll need a Real PSP to play the game.

5. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

dang..

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Like Tirith said, the error indicates the game isn't supported by jpcsp, I forgot I have tested it myself a long time ago.

7. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Get yourself a psp instead of using some crappy emulators

8. sonicfanboy

sonicfanboy Well-Known Member

is it possible to play ISO files on a psp just out of interest

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, you can play ISO and CSO images of PSP games on your PSP, if it has custom firmware on it.

Without custom firmware, or a custom firmware-like homebrew for those 2000 and 3000 models, you cannot run ISO images.

10. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

Kiekeos Try Decrypting The ISO With Some Tutorials found @ gbatemp's PSP Section once decrypted the game may run. :)

11. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

PSP Emulators are far from good.