1. This forum is in read-only mode.

best free movie editing program with special effects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lephantome92, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

i need to create a good laser effect, but the process i found for windows movie maker would take too long to be worthwhile, plus, even though the vid is essentially a joke, i still want it to look somewhat possible, and that just isn't that possible to edit individual frames in ms paint. for those of you who have been following the spam thread, you know exactly what i need to make lasers for. (also if it would be possible to like edit in some arm tats and an arm band [yeah, i dont even have that] without being too complex, it'd be much appreciated)

anyways, some of the best that ive seen on lists are
    avid freedv
    wax
    zwei-stein

anything better than those w/ a good gui for beginners (i can learn quickly)

2. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

Pirated after effects? o_O just saying

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the only decent free video editing software is virtualdub.

After effects isnt for editing videos, it deals with the sfx side of it only.

4. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Wrong, you can add a laser effect with it by editing frames.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

that's still sfx... adobe after effects is not an NLE program, never was and was never intended to be. It is an SFX generator, to be used in conjunction with an NLE, not instead of.

6. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

well, i think im good now-i just found out how to cut specific frames w/ windows movie maker, and then i can save the edited video, then take that to adobe after effects and add in the effects i want then. kinda annoying needing 2 programs, but hey, whatever gets the job done!