1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[NDS] Radiant Historia (U) AP + Compatibility Issues Topic

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iluvfupaburgers, Feb 23, 2011.

1. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

Radiant Historia does have AP
    [​IMG]
    Download Game Topic

Known AP:
    -Save Issue
    -Replay the scenario just before they meet with the spy over and over again.

Works On:
    -Supercard DSTWO (EOS 1.09)
    -AKAIO 1.8.0, 1.8.1 (Activating Bypass AP Feature)
    -AKAIO 1.8.5 (Default Settings)
    -Wood v1.24 (With Patched Rom - Check Buttom for Patch)
    -TTMenu/YSMenu v6.50
    -CycloDS Evolution v2.1 (With Patched Rom - Check Buttom for Patch)
    -M3i Zero (With Patched Rom - Check Buttom for Patch)
    -(i)EDGE v2.1 (With Patched Rom - Check Buttom for Patch)
    -No$GBA (through BIOS)

Not Working On:
    -CycloDS iEvolution v2.1

For PrePatched ROM, look at either game download topic

RetroGameFan Radiant Historia AP Patch v1.0
    RetroGameFan AP Patch - Filetrip

Extract both files and copy game to the same folder
    Drop game onto openpatch.exe
    Click Yes
    Click OK

Patched game will be the .nds and backup will be the .BAK

2. caletn

caletn New Member

Anyone else having trouble running this on their R4?

3. iluvfupaburgers

try using the ap patch

4. caletn

caletn New Member

I've tried and still a no go..guess i'll have to wait for another patch or something.

5. iluvfupaburgers

what r4 are you using because you can try using ysmenu

6. caletn

caletn New Member

r4 vs1.18 that ysmenu looks complicated to install ><

7. jagman1x3

jagman1x3 Member

Is it just the iEvolution, or does it not work on regular CycloDS also?

8. iluvfupaburgers

it is not, first backup everything from your card and format. then you just need to download the file from the ttmenu/ysmenu topic in flashcart help. then extract it and open the folder dstt dstti ysmenu. than just copy the files ttmenu and ttmenu.dat to the card and than copy your games and sav files
    Post Merge: [time]1298435279[/time]
    its basically the same firmware so it should not work on evo either. ill keep it in not working untill someone tells me otherwise

9. caletn

caletn New Member

Finally got it working. Thanks iluvfupabrugers for the quick replies and help.

10. iluvfupaburgers

good to know :)

11. SakuraMartinez

SakuraMartinez Well-Known Member

Anyone already tried this on EDGE?

12. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Works on Desmume! ;)

13. Yukensei

Yukensei Member

Anyone gotten this working with no$zoomer? Every permutation of booting it I can think of either gave me a blackscreen on startup(when booting directly, both encrypted and decrypted and with and without the patch) or caused the sound to spaz out and eventually just crash the emulator(when booting from the bios encrypted/decrypted and with/without the patch). I'm hoping it's just the dump or something weird happening.

14. Deeshan

Deeshan Active Member

Hey! YSMenu is really old. You might want to try wood. It has an acekard like interface which looks really awesome and it works with all new games without patching. All you need to do is extract the contents of the rar to the root of your micro sd and you should be good to go. You can download the latest version here: http://www.r4wood.com/Kernel/f/Wood_R4_v1.24.rar
    Use the patched rom with it.

15. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Actually both the YSMENU/TTMENU and Wood are updated at least 2x a month or depending on certain situation. The latest YSMENU is v.6.50 which was released yesterday/today, While Wood v.1.24 was last released early February and waiting for the newer version soon. :)

16. grimeyes

grimeyes Well-Known Member

Can anyone describe what exactly happens on the AP? When does it kick in?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found it.

17. tammiallday

tammiallday New Member

i'm still having trouble with this and my r4. i guess my issue is what should the files on the flashdrive be? just games folder, ttmenu folder, ds_menu.dat, ds_menu.sys, ds_mshl.nds, and ttmenu.dat?

or do i have to get rid of some of those files?

18. Prectorian

Update your ttmenu with the latest one from the Flash Cart Section: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0. Its now v.6.50; follow the guide in the download READ ME text document. And use the patched rom.

19. tammiallday

tammiallday New Member

i never had a file named "ttmenu" until i downloaded that patch so i feel i'm just adding files and not replacing them. before i downloaded that patch the files i had were _system_ folder, games folder, moonshl folder, ds_menu.dat, ds_menu.sys, and ds_mshl.nds

so in other words i don't think i actually updated anything, just added more files

20. Prectorian

TTMENU is a secondary firmware that will resolve old cart issues that can't play the newer games cause the new games got AP in it that need to be resolved using offsets to bypass it; which is what TTMENU a.k.a YSMENU is for. You need to read the READ ME text in the downloaded file and the guide in the topic link's page 1 that I gave earlier. Or ask the topic host 'iluvfupaburgers' for assistance on how to install an appropriate one that meet your cart type. There are lots of R4 types, and based on the files you mentioned its a clone version of an R4.

I really suggest you download the latest version and open it, in it you can see several folder, use the appropriate version that meet your R4 type and follow the instructions in it. If you have problem, ask in the forum page that I linked earlier. I don't have a clone R4, mine is an original R4, its different. Good Luck. :)