1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl On No$GBA [Saving Is Confirmed Working]

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Golden Falcon, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Golden Falcon

Golden Falcon Active Member

Note: This is a test on NDS Emulation.... Do not expect More. As it is Work - In - Progress.

Game Fully \"playable\" on Emulator.

NOTE: Game runs FULL SPEED ONLY During Battles and Houses
    Game Lags/Runs Lower Speed in outside world (about 70% speed)

Step 1:

Download The Pokemon Emulator Package from GamersFire.net - Here
    (Contains No$GBA, Pokemon Patch for Diamond/Pearl, and IPSWin to patch the game)

Step 2:

Unzip the following items in the same folder:

The Game (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl)

No$Cash
    IPSWin
    Pokemon Emulation Patch

Open IPSWin, First select the ROM Image, then second select the Patch, click Patch! to patch the rom!.
    Delete old Rom Image. (You may also delete the patch and IPSWin)

Step 3:

Open No$GBA, Load Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.
    After Loading, Do not play the game, immediatly go to Options>Emulation Set Up
    Under NDS Cartridge Backup Media, select \"FLASH 512 KBytes\"
    Next go to the Controls Tab in the same window, Select your Keyboard settings press ok.
    NOTE: This step is VERY Important!! After you are done with the above go to Tools> SAVE OPTIONS

Step 4:

Go to File>Reset Cartridge,

Have fun playing :)[/spoiler]

Error messages:
    Problem: \"the data could not be read. please turn off the power....\"
    Solution: Redo step 3 making sure you change the save type.

I froze in a battle:
    Enable/Disable sound.

Is full screen possible?:
    No.

Screenshots from No$GBA Taken by me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

haha I JUST posted about a working configuration in the technical support. Yours seems better though, I'll edit the news post and link to here.

3. Golden Falcon

Well I did this when the came out, but didn't get a chance to post it... I spent literally 2 mins loading it up... till it was pissing me off... Then it was straight to google :D

4. Seph

Yeah it runs slow, it runs at half speed inside houses, and at about 30% outside.
    It's probably due to my weak GPU.

CPU: Intel P4 3.4 Dual Core
    RAM: 1.5 GB
    GPU: GeForce 6610 XL 128MB RAM

5. Golden Falcon

I haven't tried it on my Desktop yet. But I'm pretty sure it is not a PC Problem... It is probably an emulation problem...

Our normal everyday Desktop/Laptops shold be able to handle DS Emulation at full speed... It just needs more developing :D

6. Golden Falcon

Sorry for the BUMP but little update here:

If you set the settings for the NDS Emulation Options speed to "unlimited mhz - disaster 10%"

It should make it around 10-15% faster.

Also the myth about turning sound on and off ... really doesn't affect the overall speed of the emulation.

And on the iDeas notes: It can emulate Pearl/Diamond too but no sound support, and gfx are slower then No$GBA.

Oh and.. While I was playing... a freakin noob called me a noob... cause i have no badges :(

[​IMG]

maybe its because I was carying a lv 9 Magikarp.... *cries*

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

haha reminds me of Gary in red/yellow. He was always showing off and saying shit like 'so, are you ready to lose?' etc, but I totally kicked his ass every time :p

8. DS Expert

DS Expert Member

Ahhhhhh. Good times, good times. I bought red, blue, and yellow version on a multi-cart GBC cartridge that could hold like 20 games on them. You can only get them in Asia though, but the official copies are the real deal though. Anyway, I thought that when Gary was trying to fight you with Abra first on the bridge north of Cerulean city that it was kinda dumb how all it could do was use teleport. lol. The creators of Red and Blue should have made him a little more challenging during the early stages of the game like giving him more useful pokemon. ;D

9. Seph

I believe they've made the AI better in this new game, especially the GYM trainers.

10. robochaox

robochaox New Member

Where can I download pokemon pearl/diamond. (Not a torrent file that is)

11. Loonylion

umm on this site?

12. mic.

mic. New Member

jes joar. hello i´m from germany pokémon is one of my favorite rpg games. pearl & diamond are running on my No$GBA emulator. i can also save the game. but there´s one problem. at the beginning of the there´s the situation where you can get your first pokemon. then two bird-pokémon attacks me. i beat them up. and the emulator stops the game. i´m not able to play anymore. what´s the problem? can you may help me? thx mic

13. Loonylion

not sure about this problem specifically, but bear in mind that NDS emulation is flaky at best at the current time. I would guess this is more of an emulator problem than a rom problem, try tweaking your emulator configuration

14. Dodoman

Dodoman Well-Known Member

I tried it on NOSGBA and it got stuck after the screen where the show at the beginning ends[that presentation thingy] and your mom tells you your friend came to meet you. There was like half a big blue screen on the top half of the emulator. Any advice?

15. mic.

mic. New Member

u know who i should configurate my emulator?

16. Seph

You can't do much configuration to avoid such problems, usually it's just the save type or sound settings which can mess it up etc.

17. Karthegrax

Karthegrax Guest

you think urs is bad?!? I hav 64MB RAM and 80GB hard drive!! Sucks trying to play War3...freezes

18. Golden Falcon

if the battle doesnt end and your game freases, please turn Sound ON. No$GBA is scanning to see if the sound input is present at the end of the battle. Therefore it will continue the game after that.

19. anders.mech

anders.mech New Member

When i play the game, it freezes every time after the first battle. the opponents health goes to zero and then it freeze does anyone have any advice of how i can get past this battle? how do i fix this?

20. Seph

Did you try turning sound off as suggested above?