1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloud!@#$

cloud!@#$ New Member

yeah men same here. wtf the black screen keeps coming up whenever i save it.i just got the 3rd gym badge

2. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I just tried out wifi and union room they both fail cant trade or anything have any of you guys tested out wifi or trading?
    I know its way to early to talk about this.. with all the bugs and problems but has anyone tried it? mine just wont connect I did get my Friend code thoe
    I thought i should put this in the subject since its gonna come up sooner or later

I did find a way to trade your NDS pokemon onto the Hgss ROMS thoe

3. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Could someone help me here? When I was going to do my freezing patch, I couldnt find the delta thing! Does anybody know whats wrong? I was using No$GBA and heart gold rom if that makes a difference

4. buratitat25

buratitat25 Member

hey guys... again i'm saying i am new here.. your talking about r4, m3 flashcarts right? can you post a download link for these flashcarts or can you not download them? tnx..

5. Ricuchi

Ricuchi New Member

Hi,

Im new to all of this, and i have no idea what i am doing.

I got a translation patch for my SoulSilver Rom on my R4, found out that it would freeze up every so often. It froze after a certain period of time playing, and when i transitioned via a black screen, but would freeze there. The music would continue playing and such. I got the Patch from the first post, put it in, and now, It will freeze up whenever I try to go to my Pokegear, but there will be no music, even the music would freeze up.

what do i do?! D:

6. namiko

namiko New Member

I try the AR code and it works but for some reason while saving the game it freeze.

7. Mr.Smackdown

Mr.Smackdown Active Member

Again!

FINALLY FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! M3 USER LOOK OUT!!!! I HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

This are the KazoWAR English Version this one with the Pokegear Bug on the M3 but we in Germany have patched it!!!!!!!!!

This is the KazoWAR Version, all english without the people and WITH the Pokegear!!!! The Pokegear bug IS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! I have tested it on my M3 FINALYY it works...... Im so happy i can cry......
    It still have Freezed but in 1 Hour or so. But no Pokegear Bug and English!

Soul Silver
    Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/279263238/Pokemon_Soul_Silver__Dslazy___Englisch_patch_.nds
    Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14QUEGQM

Heart Gold
    Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/279517298/Pokemon_Heart_Gold__DSlazy___Englisch_2.nds
    Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JCHTHM7F

8. evilclownbobo

evilclownbobo Active Member

Hey, guys. I've been following this thread for the past few days since HG/SS's Rom release, and after numerous attempts to get it to work 100% on NO$GBA 2.6a (and NO$Zoomer), I had many problems over and over again (like most people).

BUT, last night I tried multiple patches together for Pokemon Soul Silver and afterwards, I played about 2 hours nonstop With No Problems At All!

Here's what I did:

STEP 1 - Patch Original Rom with the "No-Freeze RUDOLPH PATCH".

STEP 2 - [Optional - ONLY if you want the menus, Pokemon, attacks, etc. in English] ~ Patch with the ENGLISH PATCH.

STEP 3 - Patch with the CHEAT PATCH. [It patches the No-Black Screen AR cheat into the game to stop the Black Screen.]

STEP 4 - Use the ROM DECRYPTER.

STEP 5 - Go into No$GBA's Emulator Settings and make sure the Reset/Startup Entrypoint is set to "GBA BIOS (Nintendo Logo)" before playing.

So, I have made my own .RAR file for NO$GBA 2.6a users to use with all of the above mentioned Patches in it along with a Readme with the above patching order, as well. Just follow the directions of each patcher and do it in the correct order, and voila.. NO$GBA 2.6a (and NO$Zoomer) plays Pokemon HG/SS Flawlessly.
    You can get it HERE [With ORIGINAL HG & SS Roms Included]: http://www.mediafire.com/?2nhhzytwztx
    OR
    HERE if you want JUST the Patches: http://www.mediafire.com/?jglnkcetmdw

Enjoy, and I really hope this helped for you fellow NO$GBA Users! :)

[[AND, A Huge thanks to all those who made the Patches for this amazing game!!]]

9. chidori1

chidori1 Member

Can someone plz post a link to a prepatched rom that works for the R4DS v1.18 that they also know works PASS the 3rd gym badge because I have heart gold and soul silver (PHG-unpatched) (PSS-patched) and both of them started freezing every 3 black screens so say I go thorugh a door then save then go through another door BAM froze so plz help the needy with a prepatch rom (of any one PSS or PHG I don't care anymore) because my computer sucks and won't let me patch, I seen the perpatchs that are already on the thread and im going to try it out but I don't want to try then get to the 3rd gym win then BAM mega freezes so that's why im asking for a link with a 100% no mega freezes after the 3rd gym. Thx btw for the help....(you know to who ever can help me)

10. Tom1107

Tom1107 New Member

I know everyone's asking for everyone to give someone else a patch, then someone else is asking for a pre-patched ROM, then there's confusion over who's using what emulator and who's using what Cart on their DS. I think this should be split into a few different threads. Like, one for emulators, one for R4DS, one for acekard etc.

I do have a questio though. I have heard there is a patch that completely stopped the freezing and glitches on flashcarts, and translates all menus and battle text and Pokégear. Can anyone tell me if this is true or not?

11. rebell45

rebell45 Member

its not true
    i have as yet all links and patches tested
    it get nothing
    someone must post an original rom
    without patch
    that must work on all flashcards
    why operates pokemon platin , diamond,pearl japanese versions on all flashcards and emulators
    HG/SS are not different than the three

12. Melth

Melth New Member

Yes it's true, use luga's patch a few pages before, it works for me (not sure about the translate tho, I play in Japanese without English patch) If you still get freezing, maybe it's the English patch that cause problem with the anti freeze patch, try download a clean rom and patch only the anti freeze patch, then try it.

13. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys I discovered something that might prove useful later
    I mention'd that You couldn't trade or connect onto Wifi with a flashcart
    but you could still get your friend code, but now get this you can't trade in the union Room either with DS to DS, Soo... this got me thinking... maybe it had something to do with flash carts then it hit me! I'll use NO$GBA 2.6a to trade from No$to No$ via LINK and the good thing is HGSS works with the NO$ link unlike platinum version so what I did is linked my pearl ROM on my NO$GBA 2.6a with my other no$gba with HG version and the cool part is.. that both can get on the union room and link UP!
    but!!! theres a bug or some kind of anti trade thing going on in the HGSS ROM'S because even thoe they can link up in the union room and see each others avatars.. they can't Talk to each other or it will freeze up on HGSS and same goes for Wifi on Flash carts
    but! when you use Union room on flashcarts the wirless just goes all Crazy on HGSS and doesnt connect.

Could this be some kind of Anti trade? to prevent ROM's to interact with Wifi? or any kind of local wireless protection?

Just thought I post this just incase anyone does manage to fix the game and run into this future problem, and can look at the tests I did.

14. Tom1107

Tom1107 New Member

I was trading on wifi last night?
    Worked fine for me. I got my PCP for my notched ear pichu.
    must be your cart. I'm using an Acekard2i on my DSi

15. zeyad477

zeyad477 Member

seems you still having problems with how to patch the ROM with Rudolph's patch .

okay, here is a file that I have uploaded, it contains Pokemon Heart Gold ROM, pre-patched with the translation patch and the freeze patch , it works perfectly.

IT HAS BEEN TASTED ONLY WITH NO$GBA 2.6a

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2XM8Y0VL

Again, keep in mind that you must apply the anti-piracy check AR code to get rid of the black screen as it needs to be turned on every time you run the game :

020DD9E4 E1A00000
    020D3820 E1A00000

NOTE:for no$gba users, to make your save file compatible with the newly patched game, you need to go to your Battery folder, find your original save file and re-name it to :

phg_patched.SAV

16. Alexhua

Alexhua Member

CSL00's patch has been working amazing for me on my Acekard 2i. I had 2 hours continuous play with no problems or freezing. It's on page 16 for those who want to use it.

17. sp-ky

sp-ky Active Member

finally !!!! the luga patch worked for me ! if you're still having trouble tell me

18. evilclownbobo

evilclownbobo Active Member

So... No one else has tried my method and download I posted, yet?

19. andyman12

andyman12 Member

I downloaded what you have provided in the link but have not tested yet. Thanks.

So far I have an untrimmed SS and HG, Naruto's provided patched rom(works great freezes still occur after about 40 mins, but I am past the 4th gym and it doesn't freeze often), CSL00's posted patch on a rom (have not tested), and now yours. I am also to get luga's patch and test it, I pretty much just hope to get this to work on NO$GBA 2.6 (NO$zoomer) and R4 1.18 kernal. Would you suggest getting a R4 or an acekeard for these roms. I plan to compete and trade.

Thanks everyone who has worked hard on these patches and such.

20. Akuma0

Akuma0 New Member

Is there any patch to Acekard 2.1 users?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.