1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Torchlight - Character Builds?

Discussion in 'PC' started by alexpk86, Mar 10, 2010.

1. alexpk86

alexpk86 Well-Known Member

So, I finally had the chance of playing this game and it's awesome.
    Well, the story is not very deep and it feels a lot like a Diablo rip-off, but it's a very solid game overall.
    I played the game in Normal Mode with - possibly - what came out to be the easiest class which is the Alchemist / Lore

My build was

Lv 36 / Fame 22

STR 28
    DEX 25
    DEF 55
    MND 95

Nether Imp 10
    Thorned Minions 6
    Pet Mastery 10
    Alchemical Golem 10
    Burning Bind 6
    Beam Golem 9
    Ember Shield 5

Spells

Heal all V
    Elemental Protection VI

My pet had

Summon Zombies IV
    Summon Skeleton IV

I never died once.
    Actually I haven't tried the extra dungeon, because I retired my hero before knowing about that.

I am now playing Hard Mode with a Battle Alchemist (I cheated by using a sort of Hero Editor for editing the level and skill/stat pts) and now my build is like this

Lv 36 / Fame 22

STR 32
    DEX 92
    DEF 63
    MND 28

Pyre 1
    Armor Expertise 10
    Ember Shield 10
    Infuse 10
    Frailty 10
    Ember Phase 10
    Ember Sentry 10

Spells

None yet.

Hard Mode is Hard o_O
    I started with a melee character without Ember Shield and w/ Block and Parry (lv10 = 20% block), but at the first Ember phase portal I kept on dying so after trying some different skill setups I found out that a ranged (currently double wielding pistols) alchemist is safer, I slow down enemies with Frailty, throw fire bombs (aka Pyre) and finish them off from the distance.

What I don't like about this game is this thing that you cannot change difficulty with the same character (or at least I haven't figured it out). Luckily there's this Char Editor so you can clone your character and play Diablo-like (Normal, Nightmare, Hell).

Well, how about you?
    What's you character? What do you suggest?

2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

The Game was made the people who made Diablo 1...not surprising if it gives off the same feeling... :p

3. mrnails

mrnails Well-Known Member

I too really enjoyed this game. played it through once with the destroyer and wrecked havoc. I've sense then formatted and didn't save anything so I started over. Didn't get to far in the game the 2nd play time through, but I have started all 3 types of characters. Yes, the alchemist is pretty good. Don't really care too much for the vanquisher though. All I have to say is Frost FTW! My cat would freeze all the enemies on the screen and my Destroyer would simply jump in the mix and kill everything before they knew wtf was going on. Beat the game in 13.5 hours. Anyway, my stats for my first play through are:

Xavier: Dual Wield Destroyer

character lvl 43
    fame lvl 27
    hp: 3100
    mana: 230
    strength: 149 (1079-2157)
    dex: 4 (0-0)
    magic: 5 (445-890)
    def: 140 (552-1104)

resist:

poison: 293
    lightning: 152
    fire: 281
    ice: 288

spec:

berserker:

slash attack: 1/10
    dual wielding: 10/10
    adventurer: 10/10
    critical strikes: 8/10

titan:

titan stomp: 10/10
    martial weapons expertise: 10/10

spectra:

armor expertise: 10/10
    pet mastery: 10/10

character spells:

identify item
    retribution iv
    elemental overload vi
    heal all vi

pet:

Scratch: dps cat
    hp: 3385
    mana: 235
    melee dmg: 823-1645
    elemental dmg: 0-0
    ranged dmg: 0-0
    armor mitigation: 478-956

pet spells:

frost vi
    dervish v

4. ultra

ultra Guest

this game is similar to fate, a game i gave away. for those who played fate, they should know that it wasn't really about the story of the game but the treasure hunting and the level-up. it's almost like diablo. it wasn't really about the story but you as a character progressing. there is a feeling you get when you finally level up your character, that feeling is awesome.

5. alexpk86

alexpk86 Well-Known Member

Uh yeah, there's this page I forgot to mention.
    Also - a little OT here - who will be playing the MMO when it'll be released?