1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Do I need to patch ps1 iso to play on soft modded PS2?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jiminy Crickets, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

Do I need to patch ps1 iso to play on soft modded PS2? I ultimately want to play them, namely silent Hill 1, with HDloader of my PS2 hard drive.

Plus there is a few PS2 games I've been trying to patch, (ICO) plus (Army Men Sarges Heros) and momento patcher won't let me. It says "Error in Iso format" so, I open the iso with ultraIso and check the UDF box as well as the Omit iso 9660 version number box then save it as a new iso. After this I can patch but when I mount with magic iso it opens in windows media player as a black screen that plays over and over. This method did work with Powerpuff girls relish rampage though. I don't get it. Is there another way for me to get these games patched? Manually or something?

Any body know what I need to do?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

memento firmware is not compatible with all PS2 games, I don't know if it plays burned PSX games, I've never tried.

3. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

Thanks but I am no longer using the momento firmware on my momento card. I replaced it with MCBoot.

The problem that I come to find out after some digging was that you can not patch a PS2 CD. You can only patch a PS2 DVD.

So, I guess that I have to reformat the game to DVD.

Thanks for your reply loonylion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.