1. This forum is in read-only mode.

HOWTO: GTA: Chinatown Wars - 100% working, untouched version

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by iNillus, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wardy150

wardy150 New Member

Thanks a heap iNillus :D

2. iNillus

iNillus Member

What flashcard do you have?
    I tested this both on my own M3Real and my neighbours DSTT who had same issues (freezing multiplayer with ARM-patched etc) and after this solution it both worked as a charm on both systems.

- Nillus

3. tecnical.k

tecnical.k New Member

help i ar coded it and run the game went on multiplayer on base defender coppter level and it froze at 1 can u say more infomation on the deleting and renaming and can u post your sav or help i got m3 real ds

4. tecnical.k

tecnical.k New Member

inilius could you also make a video guide thx ;D

5. Ryy

Ryy Member

How about the R4 card?

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

7. alkalinetrioman

alkalinetrioman New Member

I dont understand how to get the Action Replay cheat database onto my card and then install the latest cheats database. Can anyone talk me through this bit?

8. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Step 1) Buy a Firecard
    Step 2) Download the GTACW ROM
    Step 3) Extract and place on card via drag-n-drop
    Step 4) Play and enjoy

9. iNillus

iNillus Member

i thought j00 knew i dont own a firecard amirite?

10. tecnical.k

tecnical.k New Member

help inilius i got m3 real x2 and legit gta and i ut gta on my card and used save bypass cheat went on multilayer and it froze. ??? :'(

11. jwilbanks79

jwilbanks79 New Member

I have an R4 and when I go to the "cheats" screen, there is no option to "bypass save." The options are: "select all,""select none,""real-time on/off enable,"'game enable,""cheat enable,""save and exit," and "discard and exit." Any thoughts?

Thanks!

12. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

JW, you have to use the d-pad and the buttons in order to navigate through the cheat sections on the top screen. All of the cheat folders are minimized by default (you know, the little plus symbol next to the folder), you need to maximize those folders in order to see all of the cheats contained therein, and then put a check in the box next to the cheat or cheats you want to activate.

Once you're done, you then press the "Save and Exit" button on the bottom screen.

13. jwilbanks79

jwilbanks79 New Member

Thanks pugmalion1! It didn't even cross my mind that those boxes expanded (dumb, I know). I've had my R4 for at least a year and this is the first time I've ever even used the "cheats" option.

I appreciate your help and quick response!

Jared

14. pugmalion1

No problem. Glad I could help.

15. deathville

deathville Active Member

In my TTDS cheats section, there are many other cheats about stuff like Drugs, wanted level, taxi missions etc., but none about bypassing anti-piracy/being able to save. I downloaded the latest cheats (March 29) from GBA temp. The anti-piracy/save cheats were there for FFCC: Echoes of Time but not for Chinatown. Any help?

16. jwilbanks79

jwilbanks79 New Member

Did you look under the "misc." cheats? That's where I found the "bypass save" cheat for my R4.

17. bcbc1234

bcbc1234 New Member

inillus can you help me. I have an r4 and i have the newest cheat database and a clean GTACW rom on my r4. when I enable the "bypass save cheat" then save and exit. I startup the game and it says

"The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the DS card"

why doesnt the cheat work

what do I do PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

18. pugmalion1

Do you have the latest firmware on your cart?

Also, I wonder if the game still needs an arm7 patch, even with the save protection bypass enabled...

I'm going to switch over to this method later on tonight. I'll keep you posted.

19. jazthethy

jazthethy New Member

hey

Your guide looks pretty good.. but i'm not getting a result. :(

basically, i've put the latest cheat database in the system folder on my r4 (v 1.18), and downloaded the rom from romulation which you mentioned (unclean, US version) BUT when i switch on the ds.. open the directory.. go to the game and press y for cheats.. it says no cheats!

is there something i've missed?

thanks.

(and.. cheats work for mario and sonic at the olympics.. but only that game)

20. BigEyeGuy

BigEyeGuy New Member

Hey iNillus, thanks a lot for this post, however multiplayer (wireless) modes (all of them) on my firmware updated CyClo DS freezes minutes or even seconds after the game begins, at seems like your the only one around who got it right, you think you can suggest anything that will allow me to enjoy this awesome game?

TECH SPECS

- Nintendo DS Lite
    - CyClo DS latest update(1.54)
    - regarding the GTA version, is the one from the link you posted no patches or anything (Clean USA version)

thats about it, the mintues we do get to play (before it freezes) are too much fun to give this up!!!!

thanks alot hope you can help me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.