1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hei

Hei Member

If you're talking about the cross overs(those lightscreen looking walls in the left and right sides of the extralink map) then I think you need a friend's code for that?
    what do you call those? I forgot the term haha

2. erkinacar5

erkinacar5 Member

Ah ok thanks a lot :) i thought it was random, so i guess i'll need to convince some of my friends to play just to check that out :p

3. Hanna Rye

Hanna Rye New Member

So, are there any solutions or should I stop trying? I'm still trying to figure out why exactly isn't it working...

4. Shadow-5471

Shadow-5471 Member

@Hanna Rye,

Download Desmume SVN 3947. In your wifi settings, you should put your Ethernet Network card, which in your case is the Nvidia nForce one. That piece of hardware is your connection bridge between your PC and your router.

If you're still encountering problems, more precisely you keep to get 52xxx errors, there's something wrong with the router: try to configure your home connection by connecting to the internet only with your router (thus removing your ADSL modem from your line).
    Also, what kind of router do you have?

5. Ultravore

Ultravore New Member

Yes! Guys, I finally got it working! :)
    I read a lot in this and in other forums and I had a lot of issues that most people have too. It took me a whole day to bring it to work but now it is running and it works great! :D
    I just registered here now to help the poor people after me who can't bring it to work too so they don't need to spend as many hours as I did ^^

First of all. I did not figure out what exactly made it working for me now. I'll just tell all the things I did that helped for me.

The Turorial is really good and people should follow it. But be careful with the files.
    The only version that is really working is the r3947 with WinPcap 4.1.1.
    Trust me, I tried ALL of them in any possible combinations and the result was always the same ^^ You get errors of all kind but you won't bring it to work.
    BUT ... the version in the first post is a already used one with existing configuration files. I believe this is the first thing that causes trouble and I recommend to use a clean one and just put in the setting for yourself what you have to do anyway :)
    I uploaded a new one without configurations and all files that you need. (Download)

Just follow the steps like in the turorial. Use the BIOS and firmware images in the Firmware folder. Tick the box "Boot from firmware (Like the NDS)"
    Then do all the other settings, including step c (it is marked as optional but I believe it isn't!)
    It is important to enter the same information in the firmware settings as you do later in the NDS. It doesn't really matter what it is because you don't see it in the games, it just has to match. You can leave "message" blank. Don't forget the WiFi settings. just select the correct network adapter and go on infrastructure mode.
    That's basicly really all what you have to do in the emulator. The key is to use the right version and to create the configuration files by yourself.

If it refuses to connect now, there is something wrong in your OS.
    ALL security software has to be disabled! Reboot the computer after you installed WinPcap.
    Don't forget the Windows Firewall too. It "should" be enough to set rules in your firewalls, but you can still try that afterwards when you got it to work.
    Try to clean up your network adapters. Uninstall all the VPN software like Hamachi, Tunngle, VirtualBox, etc. and reboot your computer.
    You can also try to make your network adapter that is connected to the internet to the primary one. to do this, go to the list of your network adapters and press ALT then click "advanced" --> "advanced settings" highlight the adapter and put it to the top with the arrows. (names could be different, I don't use the english version of windows)
    In the Network and Sharing Center your network adapter has to be on "Home network". Work or Public won't work.

Now try to connect again. If you check on your routers webinterface you should see a new computer with an own IP-adress. If you don't see it there, you will have to find the error in either your router settings or still in windows. Ofc you won't find anything if you got a cheap router that doesn't list any connected computers at all.

The connection test didn't fail? good :) but you should still be aware that this is a very experimental thing that doesn't work perfect.
    While a connection is etablished, you will see the emulator showing error messages. It will work anyway but sometimes the connection breaks when there are too many errors.
    I use my emulated DS only to play Pokemon Black Edition and everything works. but I advise to save the game (ingame saving) and restart the emulator every time you do any Wi-Fi actions like trading pokemon or having battles. If you played a long time and use emulator saves or even fast forward you will get a lot of errors on Wi-Fi things later and the connection will break.
    So just save and restart the emulator :)
    Btw... going to dreamworld takes like forever! Don't abort it, it can really take up to 10 minutes but it will work! this is the same on the original DS or 3DS.
    I got mystery gifts over Wi-Fi, added a friend in the adress book, had long battles with him, traded a lot of pokemon, can go to dreamworld and use the GTS :)
    What doesn't work? Well there seems to be some features that you can only use with close range wireless communication. I think this is similar to bluetooth and ofc you can't use it with this emulator. You find one example in the EntraLink. If you go on the bridges it will look for people forever and won't find anything.

Btw... and this might be interesting for the Wi-Fi users out there :)
    It works for me on a wireless connection ;) but before you go crazy... my network setup is a little bit different :)
    I used 2 routers to create a wireless bridge from the ground floor (where the internet connection is obviously) to the first floor where 2 computers are.
    I configured the first router to allow repeaters and took the second one to connect to it. so it is just a wireless repeater.. BUT. ofc this has LAN ports as well :) and it doesn't only repeat the wireless signal... it also repeats it to the LAN ports. So you can plug in your computers there :)
    All computers and the main router won't notice that there is a wireless bridge. the computers still just have a normal wired connection with all it's benefits and even the main router shows them to be connected wired.

This is just to give you an idea what you can do if you are on a wireless connection. so if you have another router in your house that you don't use, you should try this out ;) ofc your routers will have to support this mode.

Okay this is it. Good luck on bringing it to work guys! Don't give up if it doesn't work on the first start ;) it's worth it :)
    Hope this will help anyone.

my system:
    Windows 7 x64 SP1
    CPU: Sandy Bridge (4x 4,4GHz)
    RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333

ps: if a game runs slow for you (even if you only have a few slowdowns) forget about Wi-Fi! a fast computer is essential to use the network feature.

6. grimreaper26

grimreaper26 Well-Known Member

very useful tutorial ;)

might do this to transfer my emulator pkmn from soul silver / diamond to my legit white game :p

as for crossing the entralink bridge to another player's game world i think there needs to be other people playing pokemon white/black near you (i mean literally with a ds and all).

sucks that they didn't make this entralink feature wi-fi capable too and decided it to be local wireless only (minus the catching-dream-world-pokemon part). maybe nintendo wanted to retain the 'play together physically' (if that makes any sense) aspect of player interaction and not go fully online.

(and I wanted to populate my white forest and make my entree bigger :| )

7. Hei

Hei Member

oh yeah, I did that, I uninstalled that hamachi thing. I first found out about it when I was checking ram usage in my task manager and decided to uninstall it.
    didn't knew it could affect the connection haha

now that I think about it, I can not remember well if I uninstalled it or just disabled it. cause like I said, when I was checking ram usages, I always trace the source folder of the program before disabling/uninstalling it. cause you know, some things are on the system 32 folder so I try to be careful haha

8. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

UPDATE FOR POKEMON PLUS NOBUNAGA YABOU

Okuni's Episode (April 14th-May 11th 2012)

[​IMG]

Note:
    1. Motochika to Motonari Ebisodo
    2. Reshiramu Ebitsuto
    3. Kenji no Ebisodo
    4. Okuni no Ebisodo

Upcoming Pokemon Black and White Wondercard Distribution:
    1. Kyushu Super Powerful Milotic (April 2nd 2012)
    2. Kyushu Super Powerful Ludicolo (April 2nd 2012)
    3. Kyushu Super Powerful Walrein (April 2nd 2012)
    4. Fukuoka Kyogre (April 16th 2012)
    5. Kyushu Super Powerful Metagross (April 23rd 2012)
    6. Kyushu Super Powerful Salamence (April 23rd 2012)
    7. Kyushu Super Powerful Gardevoir (April 23rd 2012)
    8. Searcher Piplup (April 28th 2012)
    9. Movie 2012 Keldeo (June 23rd 2012)

*The date above are the event date, not the .pgf dump date.

9. khaizeth

khaizeth Member

Once again, thanks for this useful guide prectorian! ^_^

10. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

I am back with all my powers and gigantic size! -Osiris
    And I am back with my LAN cable and working Desmume.Glad to be back, prectorian and what all pokemon have I missed? ;)

EDIT:
    "Connection Successful" in WFC settings and "Error 20100" in-game Game sync of pokemon white, what's the problem?
    I get a "crap we're gonna nuke a packet at 2/69" everytime when I try to connect in-game.
    [​IMG]

Then, it disconnects again.
    [​IMG]

11. Prectorian

@Max,

First of all if you recall, the 'crap we're gonna nuke a packet' shows the connection box several times in a row everytime you upload/download.

Secondly, regarding your issue, you can try troubleshoot it from page 1. I've listed all if not nearly all possible solutions compiled from over 23 pages of posts. You might be having an issue due to converting back from your past connection method back to LAN, or a possible conflict with other network program. Cause the softAP shouldn't connect-disconnect all the time. It should be stable.

Anyway, from then to now, you've missed a little (I think), cause you still can get the wondercards too if that's what you're referring. As for the Pokemon Nobunaga, you might missed 1-2 of the event(s).

@khaizeth,
    You're welcome.

12. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Hmm, thanks for all the solutions.I've tried them, but still doesn't work.Well, looks like a conflict is going on as my new connection is named "Network 2" and old connection was named "Network 1".
    I wish the network looses the conflict xD

13. Prectorian

Have you tried disabling the old network?

UPDATE

Kyushu Super Powerful Saga Pokemon; Ludicolo, Milotic, and Walrein

[​IMG]

Download Link : Pokemon Black and White Wonder Card Distribution (JPN-EU)

Note:
    1. Upcoming Pokemon Plus Nobunaga Yabou extra episode; Ranmaru's Episode (May 12th 2012)

2. Upcoming Pokemon Black and White Wonder Card Event;
    a. Fukuoka Kyogre (April 16th 2012)
    b. Kyushu Super Powerful Metagross (April 23rd 2012)
    c. Kyushu Super Powerful Salamence (April 23rd 2012)
    d. Kyushu Super Powerful Gardevoir (April 23rd 2012)
    e. Searcher Piplup (April 28th 2012)
    f. Movie 2012 Keldeo (June 23rd 2012)

*The date above are the event date, not the .pgf dump date.

14. Hanna Rye

Hanna Rye New Member

I have THAT version of DeSmuME now.
    As for the router, it's a DIR-100 model router made by D-Link. Do I have to forward any port?
    (I can't connect to the Internet through the sole router, it does not serve the same purpose as the ADSL modem does)

EDIT: during the installation of WinPCap 4.1.1 I get a window with these lines:

Operating system detected on registry: Windows 7 - AMD64
    True operating system (kernel.dll): Windows 7 - AMD64
    npptools.dll present on the system: false
    netnm.inf present on the system: false
    nmnt.sys present on the system: false

What does that mean?

15. Hei

Hei Member

yo guys!
    can the relocator option in pokemon black/white be used?

'cause I'm already setting plans for my gen V wi-fi team and I just found out that game freak, for some reason I cannot fathom, removed the ROOST TM and I'm trying to get my future togekiss to learn it so I thought of transfering the move/transfering my togekiss from previous gen. to pokemon white.

I know there are other legit options of getting the TM (like trading) but meh, I'm also interested in the relocator capabilities of desmume.

16. Prectorian

UPDATE

Super Powerful Fukuoka Kyogre Wonder Card Distribution

[​IMG]

Download : Pokemon Black and White Wonder Card Distribution (JPN-EU)

@Hei,

What relocator are you talking about? You can get togokiss as a gift from PGL for your birthday if last year you haven't got it. I've never tried sending older version pokemon to the B/W cause DeSmuMe doesn't support IR emulation. Also not sure if you have unlocked an extra hidden menu which you can get if you answer 2 passwords correctly in a building in Castelia City. I've again personally never tried doing the transfer, but far as I know its not possible according to the development group.

17. Shadow-5471

Shadow-5471 Member

Ignore that lines of Winpcap, it's normal, I think.

You don't need to forward any port to make the connection test work, even if I recommend using UPnP when playing; have you tried to manually add Winpcap to Windows' firewall exceptions? You can do that by clicking on your Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall" -> and then manually adding the Winpcap driver, usually located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe.

18. Prectorian

Actually it shouldn't say 'false', but yes you are very right. The WinPcap in that setting was blocked off by firewall. Thus have to do what you recommend.

19. somemess89

somemess89 New Member

To begin with, I would like to applaud you for keeping this thread up with support for all this time.

I have been reading through forums for hours now, and I haven't found anyone with the problem I have been dealing with. I have followed the instructions for the wifi access (to the best of my knowledge), and I can actually make a connection and even go into the WIFI specific areas of pokemon SS and can interact with my buddy who is also running desmume svn3947 with pokemon HG. Everything is going smooth until we try to connect for anything (battle, trade, etc.), where it says that "Friend has joined you," "Friend has contacted you" and then eventually "Friend has failed to communicate" after about 30-60 secs of waiting.

The only problems that either of us can see in the output is a message like this:

"crap we're gonna nuke a packet at 2/69 (0080) (1a36)"

Like I said, we are both running svn3947 with HG/SS roms and we are able to make a connection without any errors, but we are not able to do any trades or battling. We are very frustrated at this point and would greatly appreciate any help or advice that anyone could provide.

Thanks in advance.

20. Hei

Hei Member

yeah the hidden menu one
    oh so it is not usable
    what I'm trying to do basically is to teach togekiss the move roost, dunno if the birthday present togekiss has it
    oh well, just gonna go up and transfer my gen 4 togekiss manually.
    thanks for the info :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.