1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Modding my xbox360 ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jhon 591, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Just got a xbox360 , I'm into looking in ways to mod my 360 so it can play trail Demo games, into full games. ?

I found this but seams unclear - http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-360-guides/12895-xbox-360-jtag-rgh-hack-easy-update-dashboard-kernel-17150-xebuild-gui.html

"When you have Nand Flasher 360 downloaded, unzip it, then copy it to your USB drive"

But yet don't the USB drive have to be formated in xbox360 first ?.

Also got USBXTAFGUI_v44 and Horizon for injecting my files to the USB storage

I Downloaded Demo - http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/arcade-game-trials/10812-dig-dug-arcade-game-download-bonus.html

Used Yaris-Swap 0.9 to edit trail to full , but corrupted on xbox360 once done , Until we can figure out the JTAG issue ?...

[​IMG]

I did a compare in HEX - YarisSwap it first .

Top original file , bottom fixed file , Offset 0x00000006 to 0B is you're Console ID: in that case mine is 022059645362 - But only original Code works.

[​IMG]

Offset 0X000000237 00 -> 01 might be Trail enable Disable to full . as 00 Trail on 01 Trail off , Just to (Note) They are no other changes in hex .

[​IMG]

My Console ID at bottom .

[​IMG]

But yet after edited and tested Still corrupted .

Thanks guy's .

PS: Anyone have a unlocked copy of dig dug unlocked by xbox live only ?, if so please upload it for me to check in hex matching ?, are any other small game like doom unlocked by xbox live only, cheers guy's .

2. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

to use the guide you are following your 360 already needs to be jtagged. jtag is a hardware mod that (as far as i know/remember from researching it years ago) only works if your 360 meets the requirements i.e. specific 360 model and firmware installed

note: i don't have a modded 360 this is just from reserch i did years ago into jtag, their are now easier ways to mod them like with the x360Key (usb iso loader) or other hardware mods that have come out in the last few years

edit: after a quick look into what's new it seems that the RGH hack works on almost all 360 consoles with the only difference being how it is hacked

3. Jhon 591

I see Bad1z thanks you, I updated the latest firmware big mistake .

So they is no way to soft mod at all ?, like that nand flash editing .

EDIT: the guild seams a little complex to me, can anyone put it in simple 1.2.3 steps est .

I'm also trying my idea of editing the file its self, I just thought on about getting info from a any save file, and editing it into the game Demo, might just work, will try when get back home .

Much appreciated for the help guy's .

4. Jhon 591

Right my Dashbord is: 2:0:17150.0
    K: same .

Can this be updated ?

Found this but instructions still unclear ? : http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/apps-pc/3137-xbr-reboot-hacked-kernel-dashboard-xenon-zypher-falcon-jasper-16mb-360s.html

As XBR_Falcon_8955_1.bin in the package , XBR_Falcon_8955_1.zip one as Match on Power outlet .

But that's not in the instruction , anyone know more on this ?

5. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

after doing some more looking around it looks like newer methods (r-jtag/rgh) works on any(?) dashbord version.

unfortunately no, it looks like all xbox 360 mods are hardware based and require soldering skill/knowledge. iv found this in-depth guide for everything you will need to mod your 360 as well as an explanation on the different hacks and what makes them different.

there is also this page with more modding information that mat be helpful (list of other guides, as well as useful programs and emulators for the xbox 360)

6. Jhon 591

Many thanks for letting me know Bad1Z, So looks like emulation might be best bet after all ?, whats recommended ? , I'm not good with modding soldering est, I would just F it up xd .

And for you're information .

I could try my nephew xbox360 as it older, and see if it works with the trail to full edited games , next time i'm at my sisters .

EDIT@ Dose anyone have pac-man championship edition dx unlocked by xbox live ?, Just farward to USB pen and extract on PC , If so please upload it for me, I wish to check the HEX structure out , Doom are Did Dug ? - any of ..

7. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

currently emulating the 360 is in its infancy, i guess i wasn't very clear on what i was saying about the emulators, i was talking about emulators for playing other console games on the 360
    if your goal is to play iso backups then their are usb loaders that require no soldering (an example being x360Key), if you want to play homebrew/arcade games then you could look around for people or modding shop who might be willing to do the soldering for you

8. Jhon 591

Just homebrew - demos , 360 games are very cheap these days and worth buying as originals .

Although as mention above post, If anyone has one of them games full enabled by xbox live, if to transfer/Move game over to USB , and use Horizon are USBXTAFGUI to extract the file to PC, and just upload it for me please to anyone who has and can ?, then I'll look into it hex - I found this might me helpfull for me to look at into - http://www.taringa.net/posts/noticias/17896306/Avance-xbox360-revelada-clave-publica-y-parte-de-la-pribada.html

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_investigacion-juegos-xbla-sin-jtag-via-usb_1446929

Need google translate .

Either full version of - pac-man championship edition dx , Doom are Dig Dug, Are others that are small file size, I can download the demo to compare data's .

Thanks guy's , and thanks for you're help .

9. Jhon 591