1. This forum is in read-only mode.

"Looking for a game..." Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by haseoTOD, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

2. sealwish

sealwish Member

hi! not sure if this is in the right thread thingy or not but...can you get mariokart 64 on ds please???

3. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Wrong thread.... and no.... you cant....

4. lasereye

lasereye Member

Searching for a old console japanese anime style turn base game
    Hello everyone, I am looking for a old game (most likely categorized as retro rom) but unfortunately cannot recall what its name.Since the game is all in Japaneses , so I can only take intuitive guess about the plot.
    Here are some clues
    1) you can choose monster to assist your main characters before the map start.
    2) the first 2 monster you can use is a werewolf and werebear (狼男,熊男)
    3) the most unforgettable monster is a purple diamond or rhombus shape phantom (floating,thin) with sword and shield . When you order it to move , it will swallow sword and shield and turn into a shadow on the ground then move to the designated location.
    4) top down view
    5) Square grid turn base
    6) It is not "Hiouden - Mamono-tachi to no Chikai (J)"
    7) Most likely super nintendo rom
    8)During the first level you need to save those defenseless civilian outside the town from the assault of the monsters(sand worm...maybe,I am not very certain).Those civilian will move toward the town and you need to protect them before too many of them get killed by these monsters.You are not yet able to use any of your creatures at this level.
    9) Every monster on your side is unique and singular(there are only one for each of them, only single one)
    10) Now I recall that there are 2 more units I am quite sure about their existence inside the game :Satyr unit (kinda look like a female one) and anthro dragon warrior.
    11) Final battle is inside a cave, the cave collapse after the hero defeat their enemy.
    12) The werebear use a fish as a weapon and yeah I am serious, he bash the enemy with a fish.
    can someone please tell me what the name of this game ? Many thank.

5. Bluufish

Bluufish New Member

Im looking for an old japanese or possibly korean sidescroller for the gameboy
    It might be a crayon shin chan game but I need to verify which one
    You're basically a boy fighting monsters and your basic attack is to shoot peaches, the game uses a password save system and you can get costumes such as a cat, monkey and an owl which also have super forms.
    thanks

6. rell

rell Well-Known Member

you wouldnt be talking about altered beast would you??

7. lasereye

lasereye Member

No,Rell , it isn't.It is a turn base game not an action game.By the way . why the romulation search engine cannot show any of those filtered game list?I set the "genre" to "turn based" but it show nothing ???

Oh thank you very much ,this is the game I am searching for.Thank man 8) ,couldn't even find it without your help.
    Thank a lot!!! ;D

8. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Probably cause the genre has been screw up by those idiot users that put wrong genre for fun...
    And I think I know what game you're talking about,I'll try to remember.

lasereye,I'm sure the game is Power of the Hired for the SNES.

https://www.romulation.org/Retro/SNES/Power_of_the_Hired.7z.html/

9. british bull

british bull Guest

Re: \"Looking for a game...\" Thread

anyone help me
    looking for
    uk verison of
    Family Fortunes
    with veron kay in
    Post Merge: [time]1258722561[/time]
    on ds

10. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Woaw, I did not know this thread would still be standing. KEEP POSTING!

11. cosmonate

cosmonate New Member

I already made a new post regarding my question about finding this NES game. But I was navigated here by one of the forum members, so I will post the same question again here. If anyone knows this game's title or has the ROM for download - let me know. Maybe I'll have better luck in here :) Thanks to all in advance! So here it is...

I will try and describe the nintendo game I've played long ago.
    Note: I remember that the cartridge I purchased contained three games. One of them was called Disneyland II. That is the game I am looking for. But to tell you the truth, I think that is not the game's true name. It could be anything.

You play as a blue kid (or guy, whatever) wearing a helmet and he shoots balls at enemies. When he kicks them he makes a somersault backwards (like Guile from Street Fighter). When he is at full power, he shoots two footballs towards the enemies. If they hit him, he shoots only one ball. If they hit him again I think he turns purple and shoots two balls again, only this time they are smaller (like tennis balls). And if he is hit again, he shoots one small ball. After that every other hit means death.

I remember that when the game starts, there are people sitting in a cinema and watch a little girl with a bird flying above her that enters in some kind of theme park (maybe that is why the game was called Disneyland II). Suddenly someone grabs the girl and from the cinema seats the blue boy jumps inside the movie to save her.
    There are many neat stages and all are inside that theme park.
    The bird that was with the girl now sometimes helps you through the stages.

12. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

I really hate HaseoTOD but this thread is still useful. I'm not sure if it is against the rules to bump a useful thread.

13. ashmew2

ashmew2 New Member

Hi
    I remember playing the same game (distinctly remember the kid with the blue helmet). I also agree that the game was not really called "Disneyland II" . I'm sure it was a hacked copy of this game : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHFLFVyAFrA
    (Game is called "The Trolls in CrazyLand") . The only difference I found between this game and your description is the blue kid with blue helmet. That was probably just a texture change by someone who prepared the cassette/ROM/Chip of the game that was circulated when we were kids :)

Let me know if you feel this is the correct game.

Edit : Ran into the same game information on another rom site.
    I see the kid with blue helmet here. He was in some other game version. This is definitely the same game :)

Enjoy.

Regards,
    ashmew2

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@ashmew2: You do realize you replied to a six year old post don't you?

15. ashmew2

ashmew2 New Member

I stumbled across it six years later than it was posted! I responded so that someone looking for the same game would be able to find it quicker than i was ( a few years ) .