1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Hello, and Question

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gondracorn, Nov 25, 2014.

1. gondracorn

gondracorn New Member

So, I came to romulation thinking that this was a free-to-download website. And now I'm beginning to wonder... what happened to the points I've been bestowed, all 2500? I tried downloading a 6 GB file called Xenoblade, but it says I came up short. Oddly enough, I looked into my recent downloads, and there are none.

I'm Brandon Nikolas Thomason (Not the pedafile one), and I'm not just your average casual gamer... a gamer with a humorous yet baffling secret I wish to discuss only to the admins of the website... only who can help me. I am autistic with asperger's syndrome.

You may have seen me on other websites. If so, if you have any questions for me, please, don't hesitate to ask.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

2500 points is enough to download 2 and a half GB, not 6GB. so you need another 3500 points (roughly). you can wait to accumulate them, upload screenshots to earn them, or buy 10k for $5. Files smaller than 75MB do not cost any points to download.

The point system is necessary to regulate our bandwidth usage, and hence keep the costs of running the site under control. Free to download is not the same as free-for-all, if we had no way to regulate usage we'd have to shut down because the costs of running the site would be unaffordable. Even with the points system our server costs are over a thousand US Dollars a month, and in the past have been several thousand a month.

3. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

If you are unhappy with how things are runned here, there are many many many sites that lets you download games for free.

4. Loonylion

this site lets you download for free. Virtually all romsites will have some form of annoyance or restriction simply to prevent their costs from becoming unaffordable.

5. Blazemax

ok first of all, unlike other sites, this site has a point system, which to new freeloaders, is murder to download large file size of games for ps2,gc and wii. other sites mostly just cut back download speed(and single file download) but lets you download any file without limits. other sites also get their money, from issuing premium membership to help them keep afloat. a smart person who is a free downloader should have several sites bookmarked for just incase, cause sites do get hacked, servers go offline, and this site points vanish quickly if you are not careful. its tasking but a smart shopper always knows how to find the best deals.

6. Loonylion

we get our money from premiums as well... and points only vanish as quickly as the user spends them, we don't rip people off here. Also we've been around for over 10 years now.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Fixed.

That's NOT to say I'm not one too... well back in the day though. As I no longer download games except for when there is an occasional NES, SNES, GBA or GBC Fan translated ROM I come across over at RHDN that requires me to download stuff.

And FYI as loony said, the point system is not something restricted to RomU especially for ones that host larger files. One example I can name off the bat is *bleep*...

...oops, sorry about that but if you really need to know one try doing a Google search for "Dragon Generations" and TBH that place has an even worse point system in place because unlike here on RomU where your points accumulate each day, their points always reset to 100DP (Download Points) each day and to download games over 100DP you'd need to pay for Premium just so you can get points over 100DP.

8. Blazemax

My collection is complete cept for those fan translated games as well. Im sure there are several sites that uses point system too, most dont though. Its not a complicated system, but if you have problems with it, try somewhere else. this has been the point ive been trying to make. In no way shape or form am i saying that romulation is bad or anything, just if you cant download your file here, there is always another site that carries it. 10years ive been coming here, so if i didnt like it, i wouldnt still show up here.