1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Lock symbol on Nds file

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sullivan12, Mar 2, 2014.

1. sullivan12

sullivan12 Member

Hi
    Hoping this is in the right section if it's not then please accept my appoligies

Have started to use the NDS again after a longtime it's got a R4 in it

i downloaded three games in winrar i unzip them and looked in the folder where they were unzipped to and they had a lock symbol on them

loaded them onto a micro sd card but they wont open in the NDS all i get is "loading" it dosen't move onto the next screen

Is it the lock that is stopping them from loading if so how do i get rid of it ???

is the lock commimg with the download or is it something on my pc that is causing it ??

all replies appreciated
    sullivan

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

a lock symbol?

3. sullivan12

sullivan12 Member

its a lock at the begining of the title of the rom it dosn't appear till its been unzipped and you look in the unzipped folder it also says "Disc span compilation " whatever that means

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

A lock symbol?
    If you see it in from your pc. Print screen, upload to free image share site, and post image here.
    If on console, take a photo of it.

5. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

"Disc span compilation "

That is NERO BURNING ROM file! But, you can change it by opening Desmume. Open CONFIG menu and select PATH SETTINGS. Select "ASSOCIATE NDS FILES" under ROMS box by tick it and press OK.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Huh.
    Good ol' Nero screwing with associations. I hate programs that do that.

7. sullivan12

sullivan12 Member

Hi M.AzaryPika3172

Sorry if this sounds a daft question but I am not techy minded where is this "Desmume" i presume its on my pc.... when i put Desmume into search nothing comes up ?? and do i need to put anything else in besides just "CONFIG"their is a few things come up with that but nothing with any PATH SETTINGS

sullivan

UPDATE found that Desmume is a emulator ... i use R4 if i uninstall nero from my pc will that help at all ??

2nd UPDATE Got ot sorted Thanks for all the replies they were appreciated

sullivan