1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4i Firmware? Which one ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DarkenSX, Mar 21, 2014.

1. DarkenSX

DarkenSX New Member

Hi i Have a R4i-SDHC RTS Card from : r4i-sdhc(dot)com/aboute.asp (Gray Card Pictured) would the firmware from r4rts(dot)cn (broken site) work according to www(dot)linfoxdomain(dot)com/nintendo/ds/ the latter is is a newer version but will it work on my card? and what could happen if its not compatible and i tried it?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if it's not for your cart it won't work, unless you're referring to a update rom to bypass the DSi/3ds firmware update blocks, in which case using the wrong one could brick your cart.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Use firmware provided by the cart's official website, or one taken/originated from the official website. Don't use firmware from other cart's official websites which as been earlier mentioned not meant for your cart. Doing so will render your cart not working. In any case, what is your intention in updating the cart? What console are you using? NDS/NDSL/DSi/DSi XL/3DS/ 3DS XL/ 2DS? If it's a DSi/DSi XL/3DS/3DS XL/2DS what is the firmware being use? If your console is NDS/NDSL, then you might just be trying to update it to run newer rom, which you can solve by adding YSMENU/TTMENU as it's secondary firmware, but if the newer console then maybe you're trying to bypass "blocked flash cart" due to having updated your console to the latest firmware, in which case if your cart's official website doesn't have update for it then it won't be possible to solve your problem. Even if there is, you'll need the older console, or a new console running older firmware.