1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Some games don't work on R4 Gold DS?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by PrettyGirl16, Apr 7, 2014.

1. PrettyGirl16

PrettyGirl16 Member

It only displays a white blank screen and doesnt load. I think you have to patch it, but for some reason when i download from the site it says that i cannot access it. Anyone have any solutions to this problem and can someone give me an external link download to a DS Scene Rom Tool?

2. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

Here you go:
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-hacks/download-retrogamefan-ds-scene-rom-tool-v1-0-build-1205-f25536.html
    Just click Download File -> Manual Download

3. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

God this reminds me to update that site.
    I think I have about 50 or so 3DS releases to add, and another 15 NDS releases. Going to be a busy few days...

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Depending on which R4 Gold you have, it'd be better to add a secondary firmware such as WOOD for R4idsn v.1.6.4 (or higher), or YSMENU for R4i SDHC. That white or black screen you see upon trying to load the rom is due to the R4's main firmware doesn't have the necessary offset to run the rom. I think not all rom has AP fix patching offset provided in DS-Scene Rom Tool.

5. PrettyGirl16

PrettyGirl16 Member

Re: Some games don\'t work on R4 Gold DS?

My card looks like this: http://www.r4card.ca/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/1/111_2.jpg (It's the 2013 version I think.)

Can you give me steps and links on how to add a secondary firmware? Because I'm kinda a noob when it comes to stuff like these....

And yeah, I've tried DS-Scene and they don't have an AP patch available for the game (it's Animal Crossing, by the way.)
    Post Merge: [time]1397213548[/time]
    Thanks.

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Animal Crossing Wild World don't have AP in it. That's why you won't find any patch in DS-Scene Rom Tool. And since it's among the oldest games for NDS, it should work fine on your cart. You'd need to make sure you'd downloaded the rom fully, there are at least 3 releases in this forum, try see which will work on yours.

I'm not sure if RGF's YSMenu will work on your cart. It's not among those listed since it's a clone cart. However if you do want to give it a go, do these steps:

1. Download RGF's firmware (click on the manual download link!) : http://filetrip.net/g25123605-RetroGameFan-Multi-Cart-Update.html
    2. Download Jhon 591's firmware : http://uploadmirrors.com/download/DVI1P9BF/DAT_s_v6346.rar
    3. Extract RGF's and Jhon's files using a proper extractor program to a location in your computer
    4. Back up your SD Micro files to a location in your computer
    5. Format your SD Micro
    6. Copy the backed up files from step 4 to your SD Micro (be sure to still keep a copy in your computer!)
    7. Copy over the folder marked as YSMENU for R4_R4i Clone from RGF's package to your SD Micro (make sure not to accidentally overwrite
    anything from your original files!)
    8. Open Jhon's package and copy these files (extinfo.dat, infolib.dat, savlib.dat and usrcheat.dat) to the TTMENU folder found in your SD Micro.
    Choose to replace those 4 dat files when prompted.
    9. Now load your SD Micro into your console, run the YSMENU.nds file icon you see, then choose the game to play. If all goes well, you should
    by now be able to play most if not all the NDS rom to date.

If by step 9, you still can't get the rom to load. Format the SD Micro and return just the files from step 4 to your SD Micro to make it return to it's original condition. Then ask your parents to buy you a better cartridge, since again your cart is a clone R4, it has poor compatibility short to say. A game such as Animal Wild World should work even without using secondary firmware. And given that I've tested all copies of Animal World found in this forum, I can tell you they all work just fine. Good luck.