1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mini-Rants Thread

Discussion in 'Rants' started by trimbletown, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Smoking is bad for the wallet, but an effective hands-on method for kids to learn what burnt chemical concoction could do to the bronchioles.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Some web communities are such elitist assholes~!

I needed to join a forum that deals with SIMs 3 modding & stuff & to register you have to answer two stupidly annoying questions referencing Monty Python.

1. What is the Capital of Assyria.

2. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

How the eff' am I to know the answer to those if Monty Python was never big here in the boondocks :p

The forum is supposed to be a SIMs 3 forum so you'd expect questions pertaining to SIMs in general, but no :p

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

second answer is 'an african swallow or a european swallow?'

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I lost my job.
    I've been waiting over 4 weeks for benefits and still not received a penny.
    My internet broke and the next time an engineer can visit is over two weeks away.
    My waterpump broke on my car which means new timing belt and whilst it's apart I may as well get the head gasket done. -£500.
    The road outside my house is getting resurfaced and my car is stuck on it.

I think that covers everything.

5. Loonylion

ouch, that's really not a good situation.

6. msg2009

It's not all bad, I have a test for my CSCS card in two weeks which should get me a bit of work. When I get all my backdated benefits I'm using it to pay for my LGV test because there are lots of jobs advertised atm. I have two weeks work coming up cash in hand off a friend so I can get my car fixed.

And I'm not dead which is always a bonus.

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Kids that always ask to get them some think ::) :eek:

Get me this are get me that, NOOOOOOOOOOOO

In the good old days you don't ask... Are answer is get it yourself :p , Are DIY to .

1950s/1970 + , sine 2000+ what happened more spoiled generation ?, are we just gone soft.

8. Loonylion

barefoot, in the snow, uphill both ways? :p

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Thanks loony, but I've tried everything and I still can't register on there :-\

I've read that they don't accept yahoo mail addresses so I used my seldom used gmail address (the one I begrudgingly made when Google borked up Youtube :p ) and still nothing :-\

Damn elitist scum~!

And they aren't even accommodating to newbies there. I've read several posts where they all gang up on newbies for no reason, even the admins & moderators. How else are they going to attract new people on their site if they're going to be jerks like that?

And to think I used to be annoyed by a few trolls on here.

10. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

;D
    Post Merge: [time]1405780048[/time]
    They are lot's of new ones creeping up on here need sorting out to.

11. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

Like who?

12. Prectorian

Latest News on the User's Dashboard are a year old, yet still considered 'LATEST NEWS'. Helllooo..... Burn it already will you!

Like these: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=62614.msg1444371#msg1444371

13. Niflheim

I don't think those are trolls, dude. They were most likely bots or just some guy exploiting the points system.

14. Prectorian

I know. But we do have plenty of these kinds. Comes in many form; Trolls, Spammers, exploiters, etc.
    Some might be ignored as mild cases, others needs addressing.

15. msg2009

Hull City had their first ever European game in their history tonight and despite drinking a shit load of beer I have to be up to work for my old boss in 6 hours. There needs to be some kind of law stopping this abuse, they say slavery is dead but I disagree.

16. Loonylion

its called 'hard work' or 'wage slavery' these days. Or sometimes, 'zero hour contract'

17. msg2009

I left at 10am, I told him I was ill and he punished me by telling me not to come in next week. Back to jobcentre I go.

18. Niflheim

I prefer the term "wage slavery", considering that I actually earn more money as a NEET than I did when I was working.

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

You know you live in a third world country when people complain that $5USD (219.53 Philippine Pesos) is expensive.

Not that I do mind you, $5USD is perfectly fine for me, so is $10USD (about 440 Philippine pesos) as well as $15USD (660)... $20+ though is considerably expensive though.

But for some here even $5USD is considered expensive. Case in point, you can probably buy only three grocery items with $5USD a loaf of bread costs roughly around $1USD already :'(

20. msg2009

A loaf of bread here costs around £1.40, that's about $2.36.