1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Cheat file with DQIX cheats for EDGE

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by grimeyes, Jul 21, 2010.

1. grimeyes

grimeyes Well-Known Member

Can anyone upload one? I can't seem to find an EDGE cheat file with DQIX cheats in it.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i couldnt find a file with dqix cheats, but here you can find a cheat code editor for the edge flashcart, you can add the codes yourself
    http://www.edge-ds.cn/download.html
    go to common downloads and download r4cce

3. grimeyes

I've known about the editor for a long time. The problem is I have no idea how to use it which is why I'm asking if someone might have a file. GBAtemp used to have an updated file but they stopped making regular updates around a year ago.

Anyone else who might have one? I just really need it to unlock the some of the tag related stuff.

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

its pretty simple, just open the cheat editor, click on add game
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/DS/dragon_quest_ix/action_replay.html
    in this website, you will find game id, which is what you need for the cheats to recognize the games, dragon quest ix is YDQE-23A95403 for US version
    then just after clicking add game, put the game title, the game name, in game id, that id, or click on [...] and get the id from the game your using. then click add code, in code title put the name of the code your adding. then go to code list and put the code for it. then choose what button you want it to be activated with and click add, but just once. if you want to add another code, just click on add code. or save, in file ->save->save as type->edge, and there you go.
    its easy, and that way you dont need to depend on other people to get your cheats together. just google the "(name of game) action replay codes" and you will have the codes for the game

5. grimeyes

Ok. I'll try it. Thanks for the guide.

6. light_x_dark

light_x_dark Well-Known Member

You're wrong there.

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/

Updated.

7. grimeyes

Thank God. I guess they moved it out of the forum.

I couldn't get that stupid editor. It kept saying the database I wasn't trying isn't compatible even though I downloaded the editor from the EDGE site as well as the old cheat file.

Anyway theanks a lot light_x_dark_.

8. light_x_dark

No prob.

Although you added an extra "_" to my name. :p

9. grimeyes

Ok so I tried it and its not working. I'm assuming this is because the cracked ROM has a different ID? All the other cheats are being detected except for DQIX.

Light, if your cheat file works, can you please upload it somewhere and I'll just use yours. I'm begging you here.

10. light_x_dark

EDIT : Got it. I even managed to edit the database. If you can't, then download this cheat editor, it works.

https://www.quantronics.com.au/esupport/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=60&nav=0

Then, find the Dragon Quest IX: Sentinel Of The Starry Skies (U),
    click on the "..." button next to the game ID, and choose the cracked ROM.

Should work.

11. grimeyes

Ok I can open it now, thanks again Light. The only problem left is that I have no idea what the ID is of the cracked version that was posted here. Do you know?

EDIT:

I just found out how to get the ROM ID. Anyway light thanks for all the help. Couldn't have done this without your help man.

12. light_x_dark

Once again, no prob.

I'm just happy your problem finally got sorted out....