1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamian

jamian New Member

not sure how or why but i tried everything over agian and it worked this time, i'm not sure where i messed up but thanks for the help everyone :p

2. dvp

dvp New Member

Hey guys, thanks for the awesome tutorial. I've been trying to get it to work for 2 days straight now, with no luck. First it was 21400 or something, then just when thought it would work it gave me a 52100. Read the whole thread; did everything that was said, so human error is basically out of the equation here.

My contract says I have a broadband, and there an ethernet cable running from the circuit box thingy outside my apartment to my wifi router, and then my PC. So basically the connection is: PC <-> wifi router <-> box.

I'm wondering: is this type of connection even viable for doing this trick? If someone confirms it, I'm willing to keep trying.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@bwfan : Win 7 can be fuzzy, some get it right the first go, but others as you might noticed in the post been
    having problem. But after some re-tries got it working.

@dvp : meaning you're connected wireless from router to computer? As I said, has to be wired connection.
    Wireless is no go.

4. Hotoki

Hotoki New Member

Hmm here is my issue...
    Windows7, Pentium i7, wired connection.

In the x86 version I can set up my wi-fi, but it won't let me save the options.
    [​IMG]

In the x64 version I can save the options, but it won't let me set up my wi-fi.
    [​IMG]

QQ!!!!
    So, I can only use the x86 to connect as it sometimes works with good luck and many many tries... but it always changes my friendscode and removes all my adress book :( and, yeah... needs patience to connect <.<
    Is there any chance I can get the wi-fi set up to work correctly in the x64 version?

5. Smando

Smando New Member

Hey there!
    I'm having some problems to play with my friends. The WFC go ok, but when any of us starts a game no body is able to connect.
    The error numer is 86420 Anyone knows why?

6. bwfan

bwfan New Member

@prectorian: thanks ill keep trying ;D

7. MonkeyKingOfNZ

MonkeyKingOfNZ New Member

Heya, just tried to install this on 2 separate computers - 1x Vista, 1x Windows 7.
    Both times i have configured the firewall to allow both the emulator and WinPcap but ultimately both end up arriving at Error 52100.
    Am using a Dynalink router, have all the settings correct (ie using the correct Hardware, Firmware settings, Wifi Settings).

Any ideas?

8. Prectorian

Sorry, no idea.

Win Vista and Win 7 can be rather fuzzy, though those issues didn't occur to me when I had first install DeSmuMe WiFi on 2 of my Win 7 and 1 Win XP computers. But others been having the similar issues as you. However 52100 error is pretty much to do with your internet connection. Maybe try to remove WinPcap, and reinstall it.

Update C-Gear Promotion

[​IMG]
    C-Gear Promotion: 2011 Worlds C-Gear
    Promotion Period: 4 August 2011 to 15 September 2011​
    Password (Case Sensitive): WorldsCGear

Promo News:
    [​IMG]

Note:

9. Sarg338

Sarg338 New Member

Thanks for the tutorial! I'm on a wireless connection right now, but I'll test it when I get home and on my PC. I do have question though:

What all can you do with this? Is this connecting to the official Nintendo connection (Not exactly sure what it's called), as in, if they are any special promotions going on, would I be able to participate in them using this? What is it limited to?

10. Prectorian

Just to name a few of its uses;
    1. Connect to Pokemon Global Link Website to upload and download pokemon and any customize-able items such as that C-Gear promo.
    2. Download extra contents for games that have downloadable stuffs/bonus such as Pokemon, YuGiOh!, Picross, etc.
    3. Download mystery gifts for Pokemon, and Enchanted Folks of Wizardry School.

But emulators are not 100% perfect, so its quite often may disconnect by itself when you're downloading, trying to trade items via friend code, online duel, etc. But you cannot use it to do 'Download Play' as in cannot download demo games. However, basic examples of its uses can be view in the bottom portion of the tutorial.

11. Sarg338

Sarg338 New Member

Got it, thanks for the prompt response!

Finally got it to work, although on an older version SVN3947. I could not get the newest one to work, no matter what I did. But, I got it working, tutorial is step-by-step perfect.

For everyone getting the 52100 error, try downloading an older version if you have the newest one listed. This fixed it for me.

12. Prectorian

Glad to hear you got it working. I'm also still using that version. Hardly see the need to upgrade to the latest SVN.
    In any case, keep in mind that emulators aren't perfect replica of the actual console.

13. JanusP

JanusP Member

Hey, all. I've been trying to get this to work for a little while, and I'm having some trouble, most often with Error 52000. My problem, I believe, is that I'm having trouble setting up a wired connection. I'm on Windows Vista, and I get my wireless from a Siemens Gigaset SE567 modem/router. I've tried plugging my computer into the router (into the WAN/LAN slot) and setting up a broadband connection, but the broadband connection doesn't work unless I am simultaneously connected to the wireless network. I feel like this may be causing my error.

I'm really not that savvy when it comes to routers and modems, but I would really like to get this working, if it's possible with my setup. Does anyone have any ideas what I could try?

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

disable the wireless on the computer and plug into a lan slot. Wait for the computer to acquire an IP address from the router, which will take about a minute, then it should just work. No setup needed.Wan slot should go to your phone line.

15. JanusP

JanusP Member

The WAN slot and the LAN slot are one and the same, unfortunately. I'm given the option to set which it functions as in my service provider's settings page. Furthermore, I do not know if this is relevant, but the operations manual for the Siemens Gigaset SE567 has this to say:

Could this be why I am having trouble simply getting a wired connection without the wireless?

16. Loonylion

they cant both be the same because the device would be absolutely 100% useless if they were. I've checked the siemens website, it has 4 LAN ports and 1 WAN port. The wan port is usually separate from the other 4, and if you look closely its actually slightly smaller than the other 4. This one goes to your phone line. One of the other 4 ports goes to your computer, and you do not need to do anything on the computer.

17. JanusP

JanusP Member

Alright. So then would I not still need to create some sort of connection or network on my laptop? Simply plugging it in is supposed to get the job done?

18. Loonylion

yes. Assuming your wired ethernet connection is set to use DHCP (which it is by default) it will just work. The modem handles all the ppp authentication and encapsulation so as far as the computer is concerned its a plain ethernet connection.

19. JanusP

JanusP Member

In that case, something must be wrong with the way I have my connections set up, because plugging the ethernet cord into my computer does not connect me to the Internet.

This is exactly what the back of my modem/router looks like:

[​IMG]

I've tried plugging the ethernet cord running from my laptop into both ports 3 and 4.

This is what my connection list looks like:

[​IMG]

Now, I have no trouble connecting to the broadband connection. However, if I shut my laptop's wireless off or disconnect from the wireless connection (the one to which I am connected in the picture), I also get disconnected from the broadband connection, and can no longer access the Internet.

Is what I'm doing wrong blatantly apparent?

20. Loonylion

no you don't want pppoe connection. the modem will handle the ppp. PPPoE connection is for when windows handles the PPP side of things, in this case it doesn't because the modem does. As far as your computer is concerned it is just basic ethernet. Check that the modem has your internet username and password set in it and it is set to 'ppp on modem'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.