1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[Help] Pokemon Black US on DSTT

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mykehdoom, Sep 8, 2012.

1. mykehdoom

mykehdoom Member

I've updated my firmware on my DSTT sdcard, then put the latest version of YSmenu on it.

I can play ALL of the games I have such as, Pokemon Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Ranger, Conquest, etc. except

for Pokemon Black or White. It gives me "disk errcode=-83" then asks me to restart the system.

I've been trying to find various ways of fixing it, like patched version of the rom, clean versions, etc.,

but so far no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

"disk errcode=-83"

Is a microSD fragmantion issue, backup and format microSD chip.

Common DSTT Error Codes

Code:
    errcode=-4 : Caused by not having the required loading data for that particular DS Normal game in infolib.
    errcode=-5 : Caused by not having the required loading data for that particular DSi-Enhanced game in infolib and also caused by not having the latest ttpatch.dat/r4patch.dat/m3patch.dat in the TTMenu folder (file depends on which cart you are using).
    errcode=81 : Caused by fragmentation on your µSD. Backup microSD to PC, then Full format with the Panasonic SD Formatter to rectify.
    errcode=83 : Save file fragmentation on your µSD. Backup microSD to PC, then Full format with the Panasonic SD Formatter to rectify.

3. mykehdoom

mykehdoom Member

Okay well I got Pokemon Black working now. :) Thanks for the help. But I have the no exp glitch with the game. I've downloaded several different patched roms that claim to fix the glitch/antipiracy thing, but still no exp from battles.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Clean ROMs should always be used with DSTT update's

You could try RGF latest DSTT updates http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

The game was fixed ages ago, they should be no AP problems, maybe you could ask retrogamefan himself ;)

http://gbatemp.net/forum/169-dstt/

5. mykehdoom

mykehdoom Member

I have the latest everything updated on my DSTT card, and I'm trying to play a clean version of Pokemon Black (E) and all I get is a white screen, but if I try playing it through the default DSTT Menu instead of YSmenu it boots up, but then freezes on a black screen after the intro with the professor. I've also tried patched versions of the game, but I get no AP? All other games, I have NO problems running, just Pokemon Black and White.