1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do you Backup Steam Games with DLCs and/or Expansion Packs?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

How do you backup Steam games with DLCs & Expansion packs together with their base game?

I've already asked this question over at Steam's main forums here...

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/30/620695877140740307/

...but as you can see I've yet to get an answer from anyone :/

Anyway seeing as there are Steam RomU folk on here I thought I'd ask here as well.

For example I currently have "Tropico 4" together with all of its DLCs as well as the "Modern Times" Expansion pack when I bought the "Collectors' Edition" Bundle. If I back the game up, will the backup also include all of the DLCs & "Modern Times" expansion?

On another note, how will I go about backing up a game with DLCs if I bought the game and its DLCs separately? I'm asking because I currently have "Xcom Enemy Unknown" thanks to the giveaway from the "Golden Joysticks" award. And I liked the game so much that I'm planning to buy the "Enemy Within" EP and the two DLCs for the game.. when they go on sale. So how do I back the game up when I get those items then?

2. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

usually people just copy the game folder they want to backup and then just copy it to the computer they want it on but if you want to do a proper backup that has a installer and can be split into parts to put on disks then go to steam at the top left and select backup and restore and pick the game you want to backup. this will backup all dlc and installed updates

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

So if I backup Xcom Enemy Unknown when I eventually get the DLCs for it and Enemy Within, I'd be able to backup the whole lot then?

RFE: Reply to Bad1z's post below:

Thanks, that's all I needed to know ;)

4. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet