1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon White crash Dreamyard

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by birchy1033, Oct 2, 2014.

1. birchy1033

birchy1033 New Member

I am using openEmu as the emulator on my mac osx. i got the rom off of removed by admin.
    everytime i go to enter the dream yard the game crashes (screen goes black) right after i walk through the 'door' to the dream yard
    Please help!

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Such problems are almost always caused by either an emulator misconfiguration, anti-piracy code or the emulator simply not being able to run the game in question.

3. lloyd2031992

lloyd2031992 New Member

I believe i'm having the same issue as well. I've downloaded at least 10 different versions of Pokemon White. My issue is exactly the same, when i enter dream yard, nds4ios crashes and return to the home screen. I have an iPhone 6 so of course using IOS8. Is it because i'm using iOS 8 that is leading cause since the current nds4ios is currently really made for iOS 7?

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Let's make this clear once and for all;

All Nintendo Online/World Wide Wireless features for NDS games has ceased to exist since early 2014; been taken down (permanently offline) by Nintendo.
    Furthermore, emulators (excluding certain DeSmuMe versions) cannot use any NDS game's online features.
    Even on DeSmuMe, those features no longer function as per said in my second sentence.
    Some online features may still be use via GitHub for certain NDS games, but that excludes Dream World.

5. lloyd2031992

lloyd2031992 New Member

I haven't played 5th gen pokemon version yet, so i'm assuming when entering dream yard, it is an area that requires the access to nintendo online?
    Post Merge: [time]1413257996[/time]
    hmmm, so how do i get to the 2nd gym leader without entering dream yard lol....

6. Prectorian

Oops! I mean Dream World. Not Dream Yard.

You can enter the Dream Yard area, where there's a dilapidated building in the area. It shouldn't cause any glitch.
    In your case, try patching the rom using DS-Scene rom tool. It might be AP protection kicking in.
    You can find the link in the tutorial section or simply google search for it using a windows computer.

What I was referring to in my earlier comment is the Dream World area where you warp to get to the dream bridge and dream forest.
    In that area, you can only enter the dream forest to look around, but under no circumstance don't attempt to cross the bridge. And that includes don't try activating any features within the game to connect wirelessly.

7. lloyd2031992

lloyd2031992 New Member

AP patched it and still crashes =/
    Post Merge: [time]1413329050[/time]
    Okay, i don't know why, but i used the desmume emulator and i was able to walk into dream yard on my pc, but when i load it on my iPhone 6 with NDS4IOS it crashes. any idea why? Now i'm wondering what would happen if i just get past dream yard on my pc then play the rest on my phone, will it continue to crash in certain areas? lol

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

because the emulator can't handle something the game is trying to do. That's just one of the pitfalls of using emulators.

9. Prectorian

If it still crash, blame it on the rain, or the emulator. I believe the emulator for iphone you're using isn't developed well enough yet to overcome roms containing AP in it. You could always choose to pivot between that iphone emulator and the pc's. It might be cumbersome though, but what choice have you got? Had you own an android phone, the Drastic emulator would have handled the rom better, then again, you could always opt to use your PC to play it via DeSmuMe or No$Zoomer if you don't mind the constant lagging. Whichever your choice be,best advice I can give you is save often and back up those save files periodically.