1. This forum is in read-only mode.

4840 - Pokemon - SoulSilver Version - Europe not working on R4i gold card

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aysell95, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Aysell95

Aysell95 Well-Known Member

Hey guys.. this is actually the first time i post here, but there's something I'm having trouble with..
    This about 4840 - Pokemon - SoulSilver Version - Europe. When i looked at the emulation page i found out that it had a patch. i downloaded the patch and tried to use the Delta attachment to merge it with the game, but i kept getting an error. I am using a R4i card V1.4 with moonshell on it. The game doesn't work without the patch and i really want to play it. Can someone help me? ???
    Post Merge: [time]1414423422[/time]
    Also, does anybody know a prepatched rom?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Try this : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=59991.0
    Download the "DS-SCENE ROM TOOL", (choose manual download), extract - update, and use that to patch the rom on your own. *Do keep a copy of the unpatched rom for safekeeping.

Alternatively, you could choose to install YSMENU/TTMENU: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0 (read recent page within the topic); use the appropriate one for your cart as mentioned by RetroGameFan's text file. With that, you can use unpatched rom to play. Good luck.

3. Aysell95

Do you know if this works with the patch suplied by romulation, or do i need another patch??

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I've no idea which patch you're talking about. But the DS-SCENE ROM TOOL does contain patch file meant for it to overcome AP and No EXP. Assuming you meant patch for those 2 issues, it should be the same. Unless you meant the patch for use on emulators. Method on how to use the TOOL can be read in that link.

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

A patch game will not cause an error , It's either your R4i card firmware support .

You could try ysmenu, but not saying it would work.. each card to it's own .

As Prectorian mention, check retrogamefan firmware .txt list of cards to see if your card is listed and if so what firmware to in his update .

6. Aysell95

The game is working with the ds scene patch. The problem that i have with my card is that its rather old, so im not sure if i can upgrade the firmwere still. I'll make another topic for that though..