1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokémon Black & White English Translation V7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by totallydood, Sep 20, 2010.

1. tinymech

tinymech Member

Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation [Official V2 Patch]

Okay this is ridiculous, my girlfriend is playing through Pokemon Black version, and she has an English patch on it, to the point where the battles are in english, moves and such with the menu being in english as well.

I'm playing through Pokemon White and i've tried just about every single patch you guys have and none of them are working, does anybody have a prepatched Pokemon White rom that has the english menu and english moves pleaaase?

I'm using AKAIO with all the latest firmware.

Also extra edit: I just took my .sav file off my SD card and suddenly when I load the most recent patched rom everything is in English, whats up with this?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You have to download the file from KazoWar's forum page, or Kiekoes's, or Totallydood's, or Halo-101's. But today most everyone been complaining about not able to download it properly. Look around the posts posted today and yesterday. Maybe you can use it cause others like I said been saying they can't get up to 100% success, some only up to 98%. Could be that many are downloading it too.

Your girlfriend must be playing the officialv2 version. That's the latest version since yesterday. But it run only on Wood/Waio. YSMENU can't use the officialV series, only betaV.

3. tinymech

tinymech Member

Yeah she's been using an older version that freezes at evolution, she just pokesavs into the evolutions anyways

4. Prectorian

I just posted the latest pokesav for B/W in Kosta032's page. Look it up in the main forum menu for you to use with your girlfriend should her version is older. It got Liberty Ticket for use in the Key Item list.

If you patch her rom with Rudolph V4 Child Play it will fix the issue. Or if you don't want to, she can press "B" button several times each time it try to evolve. Or use the new POKESAV to add EVERSTONE into the item bag for the pokemon to prevent it from evolving.

5. kosta032

kosta032 Well-Known Member

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tccuhcgayc2mly5 is a working 100% when extracting test

6. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

In the game on the options menu try changing the 5th field (touch the faded button). On the official thread is said that sometimes when you use saves from different versions of the patch the game will set itself to japanese.

7. Maxieaquadragon

Maxieaquadragon Active Member

Hey do you know what the Pokemon Black Official V2 Game ID is?
    Post Merge: [time]1286185959[/time]
    Hey Prectorian, you have been having the same problem like me right? About the ttds, well if anyone is reading this, I just found a way to solve your problem based on the error code =-4. Bascially, you don't need YSMenu to make Official V2 Work. In this guide it will show you how you can finally make your Official V2 patched roms work on ttds (You can still keep YSMenu if you want tto because later on it might be helpful)

1. Make sure you have a Clean Rom of the game either Pokemon Black or Pokemon White
    2. Back everything up including your TTDS Files and your Pokemon Black or White Games because you might make an error of something.
    3. Go to this link and get everything you need and all the files needed to make V2 work http://www.mediafire.com/?mua11qvrcob488a
    4. Now patch your clean rom into V2 (You should know where to find the V2 Patcher)
    5. Now extract all the files from the EverythingYouNeed.rar to the system (Micro Sd Card)
    6. Make sure you replace all files
    7. Then open your system (Micro Sd Card)
    8. Go to the eNDryptS folder and place your patched rom there
    9. Then run eNDrytpS advanced as administrator and press 1 to encrypt then decrypt and then encrypt again and then decrypt again
    10. After that go and download the files needed http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2IFOG8AI
    11. After that go to Urscheat.dat and open the file as r4cce (it's easy all you need to do is... open Urscheat.dat with also known as open with, then select choose program then select browse now look and search for your folder that you just extracted under the name of Black And White Patch Pack then select AR Cheat Code editor and the select r4cce
    12. Then it will show a list of games now looks for Pokemon Black or Pokemon White
    13. If you can't find it then press add game and then under game title type in the selected game of your version then select underneath the title Game ID, press the '...' button then search for your patched rom and select it
    14. It should now show a different Game ID/Game Code
    15. Copy the Game (ID just memorise the letters and only copy the numbers)
    16. Now close r4cce
    17. Now open up ttdt.exe
    18. Now do the folllowing File (F) --> Open and select 'extinfo.dat' which comes from you TTMenu folder in your system and open as extinfo then search all the way for the first 4 letters of your Game ID then select it and then go to Data Control which is on the top of the program and click "ID INFO" This then bring up the GAME ID/ GAME CODE
    19. Then Delete the 8 digit number code and paste the other 8 digit number code that you go from r4cce.exe don't worry about the letters as they are already in place, all you have left is to place the numbers
    20. Now click OK
    21. Now Save that File
    22. Now do the same for infolib.dat in steps 17-21 except this time run it as infolib and remember you still need to use the same Game ID/ Game Code
    23. Now you are finished and the Official ROms should be working prefectly fine now.

If I made any mistakes or punctuation errors please tell me.

Also if you want to use the same guides go to some of these

http://gbatemp.net/t257151-ttds-english-v3-b-w-tutorial

http://gbatemp.net/t256628-pokemon-black-and-white-english-patch

And for this one look underneath dstt error code =-4

8. teresamay666

teresamay666 New Member

Hi thanks to everyone who has worked on this :D you are great.

I dont know whether I have done something wrong or whether it is happening to everyone but most of the text is still in Japanese??? I get to the first battle then everything is Japanese, is there anything I can do to fix it? Thanks

9. grimeyes

grimeyes Well-Known Member

Thanks man. Looking forward to your post since the one on page one is actually a Beta patched version and not version 2.

10. shadowfox1

shadowfox1 Member

official V2 works perfectly for me on my r4i sdhc.. I am using it with ttds.exe & its fine. I extracted it 100%, maybe u guys just have bad luck

11. ribhuganguly

ribhuganguly New Member

please help me whoever is the uploader the game is not getting translated

12. Prectorian

Maxieaquadragon,

Wow....long list of steps. Never thought you remembered I was trying to do the same thing. I've read your long list and the GBATemp that you provided. Seems like I had mistook the CRC/CRC32 binary as the GAME ID when I use NDSTS and DSLazy. So I decided to give your method a try last night.

I tried it hours after you send me the list fo steps. Fail terribly. The first try gave me a "booting-loading" dialog box and just froze upon execution. The 2nd try gave me a white screen upon execution. I though maybe heck I can't get it to work as you had told me. So I went to sleep and clear up my head.

---Today/This morning:----
    I decide to read through everything you wrote and then I thoroughly read the GBATemp's that you linked me to. I tried it again. The first time I try it gave me the classic "booting" problem. But then I think, may be you missed 1 thing. Turn out you did forgot 1 part. After encrypting with eNDcryptS and getting the Game ID off R4CCE, then you said to do the TTDT editing. Now here's the part you missed, after that you need to do the eNDcryptS again to make the rom in decrypted mode in order to run it in the cart.

So let me make the steps clearer from how I did it based upon your method + my modification:

** Programs required:
    1. R4CCE
    2. eNDcryptS
    3. TTDT
    4. NDSTS
    5. extinfo.dat
    6. infolib.dat
    7. a copy of an already patched version of OfficialV2.nds (also applicable to other rom version)

** The steps I took:
    1. place the extinfo.dat and infolib.dat together with the TTDT.exe (same folder)
    2. place the OfficialV2.nds or any version of PKMB/W.nds together with eNDcryptS.exe (same folder)
    3. Run NDSTS, open the " .... " and choose the OfficialV2.nds or any version of the rom used
    4. See the CHECKSUM's SECURE CRC. If its written as "decrypted", next go to step 5 if its written as "OK" then go to step 7
    5. Run eNDcryptS.exe, press 1, wait until said complete
    6. Run NDSTS, same as step 3 and 4, but this time see if its written as "OK"
    7. Run R4CCE.exe, choose ADD GAME, press " .... " next to the dub, take note of the GAME ID, close
    8. Run TTDT.EXE, open EXTINFO.DAT, choose EXTINFO.DAT--> OK
    9. Find the IRAJ (for White ROM) or IRBJ (for Black ROM), click it 1x
    10. Click DATA CONTROL, choose ID INFO
    11. Edit the 8 HEX Digits only according to the GAME ID that had been noted (use the encrypted ID!)
    12. Click FILE, choose SAVE not SAVE AS
    13. Repeat step 8 to 12 but this time to edit the INFOLIB.DAT
    14. Run eNDcryptS.exe, press 1, wait until done
    15. Run NDST.exe to check on the ROM to make sure the CHECKSUM's SECURE CRC is written as "decrypted" go to step 16. If its written as "OK" re-do step 14 to 15.
    16. Move the ROM, EXTINFO.DAT, and INFOLIB.DAT according to where they should be placed inside the cart.
    17. In YSMENU.NDS, tick the 2nd or middle box (its RESET; make sure to tick it!)
    18. Execute, enjoy!

That's how I did it. All credits goes to you, Maxieaquadragon. I simply follow your steps and did little modifications.

** Side note: **
    Here's the GAME ID that turned up for my OfficialV2 rom:
    In decrypted mode: IRAJ b8fa503d
    In encrypted mode: IRAJ 6f795e87 <--- I use this one to edit my extinfo.dat & infolib.dat

Both YSMENU and Wood R4 require the rom to be in decrypted mode. I've proven it for R4DS, if its in encrypted mode it would cause white screen or freeze upon loading or error codes.

** Important: **
    When editing using TTDT.EXE, do not use capital letters. Only use small/normal letters!!!!!

** Announcement: **
    To everybody using YSMENU and wish to make the OfficialV series work. Take note of Maxieaquadragon and my method. Listed above! Max and I are using 2 very different cart but uses YSMENU. We got it working!!!

Post Merge: [time]1286208077[/time]
    Are you hoping that the dialogs are translated? Cause its not, sorry to disappoint you. The team that did the translation process mainly focus on doing translation for:
    1. POKE Apps (POKEDEX, POKEMON PARTY MEMBER, SETTING, ITEM BAG, etc.
    2. C-GEAR MENU
    3. POKEMART & POKE CENTRE HEAL DESK
    4. BATTLE INTERFACE
    5. MOVES, TM/HM, BERRIES, and ITEM

They only did part translation for the dialogs from the home town up to the first town where the Professor introduce you to how to use the POKE CENTRE. And that was for OfficialV1. The OfficialV2 mainly focus on completing those 5 main focuses and correcting their typing mistakes.

** I might missed listing a thing or two about their main focuses. But those are their priorities so far, not the dialogs itself. They want to make our live easier when battling with pokemon. **

You might as well hope that they later decide to do the in-game dialogs after they are satisfied with their main objectives.

13. undergod

undergod Member

Hello, i need some help please so anyone feel free to jump in with advice, ok here goes:

i have a copy of pokemon white, with the AP patch i did my self with xdelta and i thought i had the whole "patching" thing under my belt

how wrong i was

so what i tried to do was put on the english v2 patch to the same ROM copy, and i downloaded the patch, opened xdelta and tried to apply the patch but shock horror the patch was the wrong format to xdelta and so i couldnt play the game in mildly put out english (the pokemon, moves and start menu all in english) but i couldnt due to the wrong format

so how would one like myself apply a regular non xdelta patch??

plz help i cant wait to play on with the game its just i have made it to the 1st town and it has clearly introduced the bad guiz, but from then on i am completely lost and it would just remove a kink if i knew what a small amount was english so please could i have links or any help, thankyou

14. DNS1623

DNS1623 Well-Known Member

The C-Gear IR Option Cant Communicate With Other DS For A Offline Battle... Is This Anti Piracy???

15. Re: Pokémon Black & White English Translation [Official V2 Patch]

i am uploading savs who ever want them pm

16. sohnano

sohnano Well-Known Member

Unless your flashcart has an IR receiver built into it (like the heart gold and soul silver games) any IR option won't work, and I don't believe there is any flashcart that has an IR receiver

17. DNS1623

DNS1623 Well-Known Member

Awww Man. I Have Acekard2i... So I Cant Do Wireless Battles?

18. Dark Hacker

Dark Hacker Active Member

anyone that has a R4 UPGRADE not upgrade 2 or 3 just upgrade can they tell me what they did to get the patched one to work? please and thnx

19. chucksrevenge

chucksrevenge Member

Hey, I don't know if this question was answered, but when I get a newly patched rom, how do i continue using my old save file from the first translation. I saw somewhere that you just rename the file, but i always get blue or black screens when i load the rom. help please? :D

20. Lordbleck

Lordbleck Member

Tried extracting the OFFICIAL V2 Prepatched White again, after re-downloading it for the 6th time. Both 7zip and Winzip/Winrar say the file is either corrupt or broken. Really have no idea what's going on here, several other people are having this problem, but some people aren't.