1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

@ Kevin,

Mind rechecking your post. You seems wanting to quote my post but decided to remove it and requote NeverExpo's post but didn't remove my name. Now it look like as if I am asking for assistance for the tutorial I wrote.

Try doing the methods above your post that I had wrote for NeverExpo or watch the youtube video from John3. And I looked up about 'Verizon Fios" its a DSL broadband alright, but it seems its also hook-able to a digital tv. I guess you have the cable linked to a tv as well ? Try removing it from the tv or at least deactivate it temporarily, before you try again. Some how this DeSmuMe does not work when 1 IP address is use on more than 1 hardware (compu, digital tv, etc.).

Good luck, got to go. Be back tomorrow (maybe). Cao.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

FIOS is not dsl, it is fiber optic. DSL uses the telephone wires.

3. kevin8654

kevin8654 New Member

sorry about the name mixups I meant to quote the guy talking about error 20104 and when I noticed I quoted the wrong text I switched them up but forgot to take your name out.

Im gonna search this site and google to try and get it to work.I dont have anything to do with my internet hooked into the tv.You did say it might not work if my ip address is on another machine so im gonna try and kick my brothers ps3 off for a little bit and test it thanks for the info.

4. Prectorian

Oops... my bad. Missed red it on Google Search.

5. John3

John3 Member

Hey it's me again and I am proud to say that I finally found a fix for errorcode 20104. Download this file and put it into the folder that you have desmume
    http://www.mediafire.com/?lop77muoq6ra45q . After that open any game with wi-fi suport and test connection. I am not 100% it works but it already worked for 2 people that were getting this errorcode.

6. Prectorian

By default the firmware.dfc will turn up on its own once you setup and configure the DeSmuMe WIFI Configuration. Any idea what's the difference between the one that show up by default and the one you posted ?

In any case, I've posted the file on page 1; your version which I copied to my own mediafire account (option 1) and my own default copy (option 2).

7. John3

John3 Member

It is mine. Mine works and it already has the wi fi configuration. Again I am not 100% sure it works but people that tried it said it worked.

8. Prectorian

Maybe those who got that error code 20104, somehow couldn't get the DeSmuMe to create that firmware.dfc on its own. Cause its should if they had configured the DeSmuMe settings according to the tutorial on page 1. Maybe their firewall prevent them from creating it, which is why they need help by copying over someone's working file. In any case, thanks for the information and file you provided.

9. John3

John3 Member

no problem

10. John3

John3 Member

Does mario kart work for you? Because For me it doesn't. It freezes when the race is about to start. 3,2,1 don't apear and soon I get disconnected.

11. Prectorian

It works for me, but it normally takes several tries before it does. Sometimes got cut off half-way through the race or near the final leg, but never freezes on me.

12. John3

John3 Member

Yeah. It doesn't actualy freeze for me but the karts stay there without moving and after a few seconds it says that my opponents have been disconnected.

13. Masih89

Masih89 Member

i get firmware config save failed on my laptop and stationary pc, theyre both on windows 7 but i tried running as admin but it would still b the same, i dont get how it can work for u guys :S
    I dont even know how WinPCap works... any help?? tried all different versions of desmume still same error

14. Prectorian

The above post is not as comprehensive as the PM you sent me. But anyway these are the probable solution as I'm no
    expert in this as the tutorial I made was based on the success of my own setting the program up for my own personal use.

1. This method is for LAN Broadband that connect via telephone line to a modem/router. Not sure if it will work on Digital
    Broadband devices as I don't have such device. But it will surely not work on telephone DIAL UP connection, and wireless
    router or USB 3G/3.5G Dongle, etc. So you really will need to identify which is your type of connection.
    2. Try removing the WinPcap and reinstalling it, make sure to tick boot on loading as per mentioned in the tutorial page 1.
    Then go to Control Panel --> Firewall --> Exception --> Add Program --> Locate WinPcap Folder --> Choose rpcapd-->Ok
    3. Download the Fix for Error 20104 from page 1, use the file marked as Option 1 or Option 2. Use only 1, its basically the
    same file. Extract the downloaded file, and place it in the main DeSmuMe folder together with the other files in the folder.
    *Choose Replace File if your DeSmuMe has already created the same file by default (which it should).
    4. Regarding Error 5XXXXX, again its related to the above mentioned No.1 (related to connection). Possibilities:
    a. Maybe due to In-compatible connection method (should be as per mentioned in page 1)
    b. Unstable send/receive data packet in your Broadband Connection
    c. Maybe the Firewall is blocking the WinPcap (do step no.2)
    d. Try going to Network Connection --> Right Click --> Choose "Repair" or Choose "Disconnect" then you re-"Connect"
    5. Try watching the youtube video courtesy of John3. Maybe it'll help you figure out how to set it up.
    6. I had no problem setting it up on my Win 7 and Win XP without having to face any problem. Not sure why on several other
    people who had tried it on Win 7 are facing problems such as yours.

* The WinPcap is just to help "mimic" a WIFI connection to "fool" the Nintento WFC, so that you can go online using the
    DeSmuMe. Some people in the net had mentioned about being able to go online using DeSmuMe without WinPcap, but I've
    not tried it.

15. jamian

jamian New Member

I keep getting the 20104 error, the "unable to connect to nintendo wi-fi connection. for help visit support.nintendo.com.
    i have a windows 7 computer,

i tried both of those Firmware.dfc Options (i replaced the .bin with the .dfc if i did something wrong let me know please), i run my DeSmuME as an admin and i have all of the emulation settings/wifi settings done.

16. Prectorian

For starter, you're not suppose to delete the firmware.bin. The firmware.dfc is suppose to be created automatically based on the firmware.bin and the WIFI Emulator Settings you setup if done correctly, but sometimes ( I can't explain why), seems like some Win 7 user need to replace the exsisting firmware.dfc with the replacement file as mentioned by John3 several posts above yours.

Next, do make sure you're really using LAN Broadband where the connection originate from a telephone cable, hooked to a modem router and connected to your computer through a LAN Broadband DSL/ADSL cable. Also, do read the post above your's. Those are what I can recommend for a solution, other than that I've no idea. Maybe try fiddling around and viewing John3's youtube video might help.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it will work with cable and should with fios as well. What is critical is that the PC running the emulator is connected to the router/modem via (wired) ethernet. the computer doesn't care what is on the other side of the modem/router.

18. Prectorian

Yes it should have worked if their internet connection is on wire and not wifi/wireless, but strange as it sound the ones that seems to face issues are those on Win 7. But I haven't any issue setting it up even on the first attempt on both Win 7 and Win XP. I can't figure out why they're facing issues while I didn't.

19. Zemious

Zemious Member

Okay guys, I've followed the tutorial and searched Google for how to fix this problem I'm about to explain. I at one point was able to get into WiFi battles, then I got a virus and had to reinstall everything. I've done everything I did before.
    I've turned off my firewall while trying to connect to WiFi.
    I've installed the very latest version of WinPCap. At first, I installed one version and it didn't work, then I saw that it's recommended to uninstall that and reinstall. I reinstalled with the newest version.
    I've tried multiple versions of DesMuMe that allow WiFi.

It seems on and off but I get the 52000 error. it's very random, sometimes it occurs and others it doesn't. If it doesn't occur, I get the 20104 error.
    Please do not tell me to go to the first post of this thread and download firware.dfc because I have and it doesn't help at all sadly. :/

Any help is warranted and requested.

20. jamian

jamian New Member

My error:
    [​IMG]

Wifi-Settings
    [​IMG]

Emulation Settings:
    [​IMG]

I run my DeS as an admin, i have firewall turned off, and i'm connected to the internet with a cord (Comcast)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.