1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PCSX Control Configuring

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by horomancer, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horomancer

horomancer Member

I've gotten a couple of PS1 roms that I would like to play 2 players on. I've got 2 Logitech controls that work fine with other emulators, but when I try to use both with the PCSX the second control does not register. I went into the plugin and Bios option and set up the control on the Game Pad 1 menu. It worked fine when I tested it. I clicke on Game Pad 2 and saw the values for the keys all mached Game Pad 1. I clicke on the Pad 2 just to be certain at the top then hit Close and started up a game.
    Control pad 1 works with you any troubles
    Control pad 2 does not respond what so ever.
    I have tried changing the file path for controler 2 from /dev/input/js0 to /dev/input/js1 but it seems that these changes do not stay. If I close down and re-open the configure menu the file path is back to /dev/input/js0
    The values for the buttons are still the same though.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'd recommend using ePSXe for PS1 emulation instead. I have not had any issues with it recognizing my controllers.

3. horomancer

horomancer Member

I'll give it a try. I'm not happy with the PCSX website not being updated since 2003 -_-

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

The team is busy with pcsx2

www.pcsx2.com

But the site is slow on developments latly...must be the server upgrade, it's done but..meh

5. TirithRR

I'd rather the team work on PCSX2 anyway, PS1 emulation is pretty decent as is, PS2 has a lot of work left.

6. horomancer

horomancer Member

I see they have a linux exacutable but it doens't seem to want to work.
    I was using PCSX since that was in the Ubuntu repositories

7. TirithRR

Well... I don't know about running it on Linux. Doesn't Linux have something that lets it run windows software? Winbox or something like that.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I think if you find the epsxe site there is a linux version.

9. horomancer

horomancer Member

i got the linux executable but it doesn't seem to do anything
    I haven't gotten any plugins or bios, so that could be part of it, but i thought that was just for booting up an .ISO

10. help me out..........
    my computer's a pentium 4 windows xp
    graphic card is maybe opengl
    so reccomend the plugins i should use......
    PLEASE!!!!!!

11. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

The ePSXe automatic configuration itself has recommendations on what plug-ins you use.

Try this article:
    http://www.reaper-x.com/2006/08/01/epsxe-the-playstation-emulator/

Or

Try the link from TirithRR's sig. :)
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=8528.0

12. horomancer

horomancer Member

Crap on a cracker. I got the PCSX to see both controlers, but it scrambles the keys up! My control pad is no Square X Circle and Triangle, L1 is now Start and it just all sucks.

Still can't ge ePSXe to work, and the offical install guide on the website doens't seem to be working. I click on a link but nothing loads, the page just refreshes.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...Prehaps it's dieing...

There should be a link on the site to just download some plugins-get some that sit your needs (get 2 of each-one as backup)...

It's easy to install-on my rig I placed it anywhere-and used the auto configurator on the emu...

14. horomancer

horomancer Member

i don't get why the auto run isn't working. I checked its permissions and it should be able to "run as program"
    I'll try uninstalling the PCSX files in synaptic and see if that makes any difference

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.