1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[TUTORIAL] Guide to Enable WIFI Feature On DeSmuMe v.0.9.7

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Prectorian, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Error code 20100 : your home connection is problematic, unstable, slow connection speed, or temporary problem with going online.

I really am not sure what's going on with your computer, it should work with not much effort as long as your hardware support Ethernet LAN and you're using LAN connection to go online. You should have been able to set up the DeSmuMe by simply following the above method.

Mind telling me, are you using a LAN cable (not DIAL UP CONNECTION via Telephone cable)and in your NETWORK CONNECTION (find it under CONTROL PANEL), does the system say LOCAL AREA NETWORK CONNECTED (fast ethernet nic) with connection speed of above 100 Mbps? Any speed lower than that is not LAN but more likely Dial Up or 3G(CDMA/GPRS/WCDMA, etc. but not HSDPA).

The only explaination that I can think of as I am not next to you thus not know exactly what's going on with your hardware settings and type of connection you are using; maybe your internet connection is not compatible if you still get several error codes for the Nintendo WFC. Cause at most the error code you will be faced with if its done correctly and using the LAN Ethernet broadband is error code 60000 which is temporary unstable connection which can be easily resolved by doing:
    1. disconnect LAN and reconnecting it
    2. cancel WFC and re-establishing WFC connection

2. azheem

azheem New Member

I have Windows 7 64bit.
    I used DeSmuMe v.0.9.7 r3963 WIFI (both x86 and x64) with WinPcap v.4.1.2
    Pokémon Black.

I always get Error 5200 : Unable to obtain an IP address. Move within range of the access point or check DHCP setting.
    These are some screenshots :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And sometimes Error 52200: Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Please help...

3. Prectorian

The key to solving your issue is to make sure that you have done step 2a and 2b properly.
    1. Make sure to tick as shown in the image
    2. Make sure to assign to use the arm 7 bios and arm 9 bios as well as the firmware bin provided in the package
    3. Make sure to allow the use of winpcap at your firewall
    4. Make sure to use a stable LAN broadband connection
    5. Make sure to use Ethernet hardware in the Infrastructure Settings

Both error codes you had received are due to your broadband connection being unstable and also could be the Emulation Settings might be missed assigned. Do a re-check for the steps 2a and 2b.

Make sure at the Emulation Settings, under the Arm 7 bios. Arm 9 bios and firmware, you press the " ... "
    then locate the arm 7, arm 9 and firmware respectively, assign its use for the DeSmuMe. Recheck that.

4. azheem

azheem New Member

I've re-checked it, over and over.. :-\
    You said that you've tested it in Windows 7 too. May i know, did you use Windows 7 64bit?

5. Prectorian

Yes, my Win 7 is Home Premium 64bit operating system SP1. Running on an Acer laptop, the hardware for the Infrastructure Setting is set to use 'Atheros L1C PCI-E Ethernet Controller'. My internet broadband connection is on LAN Broadband 100Mbps. Without any WIFI router or external access point. Factory standard laptop.

My Win XP is Home Edition SP3 on a Toshiba Satellite, factory standard laptop, and the Infrastructure Setting is set to use 'Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Ethernet NIC'. Don't have any WIFI router or external access point. Running on the same LAN broadband connection.

I got a 3rd laptop, Acer as well and running Win 7 Home Premium too, it has even better specification compare to the one that I used to do the testing. But I've not done any testing on it. That 3rd laptop is using Intel Core i5, while the Acer that I used to do the testing run Intel Celeron.

Note:
    Factory standard laptop --> no hardware upgrades....all standard.

6. RizkyFz

RizkyFz Member

well, i'm a bit disapointed, but thanks for your info and kindly prectorian

7. KSrSN

KSrSN New Member

yes my net not good > but in 18-4 it will be good (high Speed ) and i will try

it is DSL(LAN)

8. -Eazy-

-Eazy- Member

Is it able to save the "WiFi" Settings ?
    By me it resets it every shutting down the DeSmuMe.

regards Eazy

9. Prectorian

DSL should work actually.
    Post Merge: [time]1302054566[/time]
    The settings should have been automatically saved in 'desmume configuration settings.bin' once you press OK after configuring it, and there's no other option to do the save setting manually besides that method.

10. FatalRuin

FatalRuin New Member

I've actually been playing around with this for a bit but I still can't figure it out... Does anyone know how to trade with yourself between a real game and a DS? I can never find myself on the GTS and I can never get a trade to complete using the wi-fi club... What happens is at the end it says ending connection please wait then it says connection lost and I don't get my pokemon...

11. Prectorian

You can't establish any Ad Hoc connection between the DeSmuMe and a Console NDS. Its not possible not even if you have a router or access point. Its also not possible to have 2 computers each running DeSmuMe in Ad Hoc Wifi Mode to communicate. Until now no emulator for NDS support such feature. I've tried it, and it does not work. It got nothing to do with using wifi or not...but its because emulators for NDS not yet able to support such feature that you said.

Only solution is to convert your console's game save into DeSmuMe type, use it on the DeSmuMe to do downloads, re-convert it to your console save file type and play it on the console. This is the method I am doing because I don't have any router or access point to link my console to a wifi connection. Doing this method does carry a risk of experiencing your save file corrupted. So you must always prepare a back up before proceeding.

As for the other issue of half way through the trading process you get cut off, I sometimes experience it also. But that only happen when my connection speed is unstable, such as when its raining or when I open too many tabs/browsers. But when its stable, I don't have any problem trading Pokemon over GTS. About finding yourself on GTS...you mean using 2 DeSmuMe on 2 computers, each connected to the internet? I've not tried it yet. Did you use the same save file on the 2 DeSmuMe? If yes....maybe that's the problem. The Friend Code might be the same as its from the same save file.

12. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

It doesn't work with same save file.Gotta use another sav file.With another save file, it works.I've tested.(One from white and another from black)

13. Prectorian

That's what I said too, using the same save file will not work cause the Friend Code is the same, which will not be recognized. Like I said before in the older post, the Friend Code is self-generated each time you start a NEW GAME. So even if you use the same ROM, as long as you create 2 NEW GAME Saves, the Friend Code will then be different.

And I'm sure you went into GTS mode using 2 computers, then entered each other's friend code, go online and communicate. That would work. But doing it at a local basis with Ad Hoc WIFI method will not work, must go online to do it. Cause the DeSmuMe not able to do the same 'cable connect' like the VBA's method of emulating GBA console.

14. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

So, a new code is generated on every new game? I see.
    And as of GTS, aside from being able to use the GTS with two computers using the friend codes, we can even use it with two different saves from same computer.Eg:
    I go deposit a pokemon from white in GTS.After that, hastily disconnect from Nintendo WFC and turn off the game after saving.With same haste, using the same desmume emulator, turn on black and exchange the pokemon in black.It worked for me using black and white.Might also work with two different whites.One can exchange their pokemon which needs to be traded for evolution that way between two games and still retain their own movesets, nature etc.,
    Only thumbs down is if you don't hurry, GTS moves on international level.Chances are there where in your pokemon might be traded by another person before you get the chance to do it.

15. -Eazy-

-Eazy- Member

There isn´t a "settings.bin" only a "desmume.ini".
    I mean the ingame WiFi of Pokémon.
    Everytime when I start Pokémon Black the WiFi Settings are reseted from "Ready" to "Free".

SOLVED.

Solution:

Do all like prectorian BUT when conntected to wifi close the rom and uncheck "Use External Firmware" your WiFi settings ingame of Pokemon are saved.

regards Eazy

16. Prectorian

@ Eazy,

Yup! Sorry...I thought it was .Bin when its suppose to be .ini. But no matter, you'd been able to fix the issue by yourself. I've no problem running it in the settings that I had illustrated, but seems like yours is a bit unique. So yeah! Happy playing.

17. -Eazy-

-Eazy- Member

@prectorian

DeSmuMe SVN 3947 works but SVN 3964 don´t work.
    At the Access Point Menu he finds "Soft AP" but when I make a Test Connect the Wireless Picture turns from Red to Green then to Red an says the error 52001.
    Got Win7 x32 , Admin Mode, Firewall option "Home" ticked.

Why don´t work SVN 3964 ?

regards Eazy

18. Prectorian

@Eazy,

I'm also experiencing the same issue when I tried the SVN 3964. I suggest you stick to what work. After all its not always necessary to keep up with the latest build.

19. -Eazy-

-Eazy- Member

I downloaded the 3964 x32 Bit.
    It don´t work.
    By SVN 3947 i can connect every time in the WiFi Menu.
    By the SVN 3964 not.
    Used the BIOS from the older packages.

regards Eazy

20. Prectorian

Yes, same here. But I'm using the SVN 3963 32bit version. And it work for me. But the latest SNV 3964 does not. I'll do another test run later on. Which is why I've not yet update the page 1 with the latest version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.