1. This forum is in read-only mode.

play ePSXe with XBOX controller

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by robolink, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robolink

robolink Well-Known Member

I recently just picked up a xbox 360 controller for the simple fact of using it for emulation.

Before I screw up any settings I think it would be smarter to simply ask exactly how to set one up for the ePSXe (that currently runs fine with my keyboard).

I made sure the controller worked first by going into my control panel and under controllers to test out all the buttons.

Im using Vista x64.

Thanks^^

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If the controller is already working with Windows, then it should be very simple to get it working with ePSXe.

Open ePSXe
    Config -> Game Pad -> Port 1 -> Pad 1
    [SCPH-1150]DualAnalog is a good one to use.

Then just click on the button, and press the button on the controller that you want to use for that button.

3. robolink

Fast, thanks man.

Oh and if its not too much trouble, im having an issue finding the best video settings for the best looks my computer can achieve.

Im running on a 1440x900 wide screen monitor. My pc can handle any setting but it would be nice not to have to go through every single one of these damn setting if somebody has the answer already. If not ill go ahead and try them all.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Your large monitor will just stretch the pixels at full screen and make the games look blockier and worse.

The old standard definition Television was only 640x480 (480p). So your monitor brand new widescreen monitor using 1680x1050 is going to make the game look worse, not better. If you want to make it look better, set it to windowed mode, and put it to 640x480 resolution.

It will be a small window on your big screen, but it will look better than at full screen. I personally play at 1024x768 because the larger window is worth the slightly worse graphics. 800x600 will probably be fine for you.

You could (should) also use the default "Nice" settings in the Pete's OpenGL2 or D3D plugins.

5. robolink

thats exactly what i wanted to hear. thanks again man. Your a big time saver. peace^^

I had another question but i just figured out i was using the wrong plugin for vid. all done, going to go game my arse off now woot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.