1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy PS1 Music not playing.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fuszion, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Fuszion

Fuszion Active Member

I hope I am posting this in the right area.

Emulator I am using is ePSXe.

PC Specs.
    AMD FX 8120 3.2 8 core.
    Nvidia GeForce 580 1.5gb Galaxy Edition
    8gb DDR3 ram
    Win 8.1

Mortal Kombat Trilogy will not play the music in game.
    I have downloaded the game from many sites, and I had the problem with those copies. I thought the problem was becuase it was in 30 bin files and not just one bin file or an ISO.
    So I went and bought the game and ripped it myself and it gave it to me in 30 bin files. Now the game worked, but no music.
    So I tried getting the game here and I was happy to see it wasnt in 30 bin files, but was in 3 files. (1 CCD file, 1 SUB file and 1 ISO file)
    But I still have the same exact problem with the music.
    The game runs fine but no music. :-[

No matter what copy I use on ePSXe for Android on my Nvidia Shield, the music works perfectly!
    I have looked at everything I can in the sound options in the PC version of ePSXe, but nothing!
    I have this problem with a few different games, the only other ones I can think of at the moment are every Street Fighter game.
    Also, I have this problem with every PS1 emulator so its not just ePSXe.

Can anybody tell me why this is happening or how to fix it?

Thanks!

2. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

could be a problem with your sound card or your sound configuration. Try playing a different psx game, if you get no sound, go to sound configuration(might have to restart epsxe to get into it) and make sure the box for enable sound is checked. If it is, check your sound in control panel. last and RARELY often, you might have to reinstall DirectX again. thats computer problems for you, they dont tell you what is wrong, you just have to fiddle around till you get it working again....or it goes horribly horribly wrong.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

check the sound plugin config and also the cd plugin config, there may be an option relating to subchannel data that needs changing.

4. Fuszion

Fuszion Active Member

My sound card works just fine. I'm not having a problem with "no sound". I'm having a problem with a few specific game regarding "music". The sound works in these few specific games, just not the music!
    I have been playing with the sound plugins and I cant get it to change. The Tony Hawk Pro Skater Series does this as well.

OK then, let me change up the question then. Is anybody NOT having this problem with Mortal Kombat Trilogy?

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

psx CDDA tracks are in some games - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_1_games_with_CD_audio_tracks , if from original CD is not rip proper it might not be in the ISOs

1 CCD file could be it - , you might what to see if any enable in plugins for CDDA - http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?25736-ePSXe-and-CDDA , are maybe try Psxfin emulator that don't need plugins - should find it on google .

6. Fuszion

Fuszion Active Member

I tried looking into that, but the problem is I have the newest version of ePSXe and some of the options shown in that link aren't available. The MK Trilogy file is fine and nothing is missing. I know this because I use the same file in my Nvidia Shield with the paid version of ePSXe and it works perfectly!
    But thank you for trying. I'll just have to keep messing around with it.

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The more plugins you have in your plugin folder, the more options are in epsxe to use no matter what version .

http://www.pbernert.com/html/spu.htm

Once downloaded and unzip file and place it in plugin are plugins folder

as on image in that site show its using a ePSXe spu core 1.5.2 plugin- PS that might be the P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio SPU Version 1.9 as ^ site - 1.9.0

More plugins here - http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psxplugins-tools.html

Very long time sine use this emulator myself xd.

8. Fuszion

Fuszion Active Member

OK I'll try that.

9. thainferno305

thainferno305 New Member

can anyone get mortal kombat trilogy sound to work on wiisx

10. nininono1

nininono1 New Member

Hi , If you want it to play music you should select "Mortal Kombat Trilogy (USA) (v1.1).cue" or any "*.cue" file that is in you extracted folder. :)

11. Akarin82

Akarin82 New Member

nininono1, you are a godamn genius! It realy WORKS! I thought it was imposible!

12. Akarin82

Akarin82 New Member

I did what ninonono1 said and I was shocked! It Worked. I was bugged wit that trilogy music issue since forever on emulators. And I did not want to play without music, no way ;)