1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Love Plus Translation is on work

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by kesadisan, Sep 6, 2009.

1. kesadisan

kesadisan Active Member

Good news everyone, we know many people have been crying for ages for this game to be translated

and some random guys on VN translation is gathering some team to make this game English :D

You guys can check it out here:
    http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?title=Love_Plus

I don't know many about game hacking, but maybe I'm going to help too :D
    you know Bug testing... LOL

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

..............WUT?!
    Does it just started or what?
    oh.... *_*

3. kesadisan

kesadisan Active Member

yeah
    they gathering some guys that can hack too...

if you can, why not join?

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I don't know Japanese.. :(

wait, I think someone knew about the translating here...hehehe....*grin*

5. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

are you thinking about the same person as me ;)
    but I believe that person is far too lazy

6. Benares

Benares New Member

hope they dont lose their spirit. i played the game [finished rinko story] but is not that great without knowing whats happen and why

7. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

it looks good

8. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

oh man, if people get this translated...you'll be heroes ^___^

9. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

hurry up and translate it ;D

10. amarioshin

amarioshin Member

we can translate those things....
    Japanese to alien grammar i think...

11. debo2380

debo2380 New Member

Text Translation Walkthrough instead of Hacking the text of the Game.

This project reminds me of a similar project that happened with Chrono Trigger. A bunch of hackers got together and made Chrono Trigger for PC, but not only that they converted the WHOLE game from 2D to 3D. I don't know how they managed to do it but they did. The makers of the game of course immediately cut off the hackers.

Although I support your efforts 1,000% of the way, I just don't want all that hard work to go to waste if that happens again. So I'm offering the idea of a Text Translation Walkthrough as my Title says. That way, you have less work of hacking things. Either way, your team is going to have to play through the game 5,000 times (according to the commercial, 5,000 pieces of separate dialogue) to translate every possible text.

The only difference between making the text walkthrough and hacking the text of the game is that there is a less chance of infringing anything and your hard work won't go to waste. But I'm just offering this idea, so you don't have to abide by me of course.

12. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

The circumstances are quite different here. Chrono Trigger Resurrection (if I recall the name right) was a total remake, whereas this is simply a little translation project.
    Well, Square Enix was responsible for the CT incident, but Love Plus is from Konami. Again, differing circumstances.
    As for the dialogue, nobody's going to play through the game that many times. Hackers are able to (and have) simply extracted the script from the rom.
    The rom hacking may infringe on something somewhere, but I highly doubt anyone cares enough to shut down this project. There are plenty of translation projects out there that have proceeded entirely unimpeded. Besides, even if it does happen to get shut down, the translation wouldn't necessarily go down with it.

tl;dr = Relax, they'll be fine.

13. bendystraw

bendystraw New Member

OMG! I hope they hurry up with it! LOL!

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Sorry, no LOL for you :p

ROM Translations take time :p

Sometimes it takes months or even years until a project reaches trial version 1.

Especially with a DS game as current gen games have more coding involved with it that makes translations even more difficult.

15. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

ohh wait LOL this is that game where that guy married that girl lol I mean his DS LOL

16. mastersworddude

mastersworddude Active Member

IS it weird that I kinda want to play this? lol

17. herochane31

herochane31 New Member

dont forget dont marry your video game

18. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

lols

19. Rabla

Rabla Member

Ya know, if you can get past all the critism and lulz at the idea, its not that bad a game.

Imagine an Anime, the cast is you and the 3 girls. The story goes depending on how you approach and react to different situations. To make it even better, it doesnt end. You can have 3 Save Files, so you can go for all 3 girls on the one cart/ROM.

Considering the popularity of the game, Konami might even consider HIRING these people to do an official translation. Konami isnt as harsh as Square-Enix.

20. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I doubt that actually.
    The West seems to hate these games.