Author Topic: Why do people these days LOVE shooting games!!! (no offense though)  (Read 9927 times)

Offline sd95

• Hell would be so fun!
Why do people these days LOVE shooting games!!! (no offense though)
« on: Monday June 29, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »
I sometimes feel that many people like shooting games more than RPGs, and I just wanna know why...

I might just have to accept that many people like Shooters more than RPG...ask for me ill stick with RPG :D

Offline ASD789

• Boowhoo..!
Re: Why do people these days LOVE shooting games!!! (no offense though)
« Reply #1 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 11:59:28 AM »
'couse they are better.

Offline calvin_0

• Join the herd, Please?
    • my "web"
« Reply #2 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 12:00:57 PM »
because the new gen player are bunch of lazy bump.

Offline sd95

• Hell would be so fun!
« Reply #3 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 12:08:38 PM »
'couse they are better.
well thats a nice reason...:(

Offline ASD789

• Boowhoo..!
« Reply #4 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 12:09:36 PM »
People are more interested in guns and tanks than dragons and swords.

In my personal opinnion ,most of the RPG games are for childish or childish thinking minds.,

Since 2004 ,Shooter genre became better and better becouse every FPS player dont play every FPS game. They have to improve it.

In RPG ,you hire a good novel righter ,a good story can make a game sell more then 500.000+ ...

Offline Gironex

• Game Developer
« Reply #5 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 01:30:04 PM »
It's because gaming has become more mainstream with easily available online gaming. It's easier to make money with a generic fps than having it is with an rpg.

Offline Eichizen

• Hella expensive card!
« Reply #6 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 01:31:24 PM »
Yeah, and you don't have to use your brain too much in FPS games too....

Offline calvin_0

• Join the herd, Please?
    • my "web"
« Reply #7 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 01:41:13 PM »
additional to that, most new gen player dont care much about storyline which were most RPG shine.

Offline ASD789

• Boowhoo..!
« Reply #8 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 01:58:29 PM »
addition to that ,25 million Ps3 users bough 10 million CoD's.

also 29 million XboX users bought 14 million CoD's

also also 55 million united console users bought 5 million RPG's total.

If you were a game developer ,what genre would you do?

(Not counting Wii ,Nintendo always has RPG games.)

Offline irvein01

« Reply #9 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 04:05:48 PM »
Too many hardcore gamers >.< people took brawl too seriously and went back to meele - b/c its truth. xbox created a whole generation of hardcore gamers, i cant even play madden online without matching against "pros" who overplay/overstudy/overexert game mechanics.

Offline Loonylion

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 04:08:34 PM »
I play a lot of FPS games, but I also enjoy RPGs. I'm a lot more picky when it comes to RPGs though.

Offline ASD789

• Boowhoo..!
« Reply #11 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 04:41:34 PM »
Too many hardcore gamers >.< people took brawl too seriously and went back to meele - b/c its truth. xbox created a whole generation of hardcore gamers, i cant even play madden online without matching against "pros" who overplay/overstudy/overexert game mechanics.

I fking agree that... Type "non-scope kills CoD" to youtube... All the videos you see there are XboX users' videos. Why? Becouse of Halo.

The best Ps3 player is slightly better than a moderate 360 CoD player. Becouse 360 players layed soo many great FPS games before then Ps3 users ,Ps3 has now.

Now topic ;FPS is easy to learn ,impossible to master... RPG is hard to learn ,no master. Thats why FPS games are better for a busy player.

Offline Loonylion

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 05:41:01 PM »
I fking agree that... Type "non-scope kills CoD" to youtube... All the videos you see there are XboX users' videos. Why? Becouse of Halo.

The best Ps3 player is slightly better than a moderate 360 CoD player. Becouse 360 players layed soo many great FPS games before then Ps3 users ,Ps3 has now.

I call bullshit.

Offline jin_kazama

« Reply #13 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »
I play a lot of FPS games, but I also enjoy RPGs. I'm a lot more picky when it comes to RPGs though.

remembers me of myself. an rpg for me has to be very good (dragon quest 8 comes to mind), but almost any fps gets in my HDD. can't say why myself, though.

Offline ASD789

• Boowhoo..!
« Reply #14 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 05:53:14 PM »
I call bullshit.

Why? I am also a Ps3 owner.

Offline jin_kazama

« Reply #15 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »
i, personally, don't like going online. all those dudes without a life who spend all their days around COD4 or counter strike and then headshot you before you blink make me sick. i have quite a few shooting games on my pc, and i never go online.

Offline Loonylion

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 06:33:16 PM »
Why? I am also a Ps3 owner.

I am a PS3 owner and I do scopeless sniping all the time in CoD. I have played halo once. My skills come from playing a wide variety of decent PC FPS games, not some mediocre attempt at a shooter on xbox.

Offline ZayZay32

« Reply #17 on: Monday June 29, 2009, 06:41:21 PM »
Cause of the guns! I mean come on, people think that RPGs are ok, but sometimes they are depressing with all the messed up actions. Like Kingdom Hearts, if you have some weird quest to do and you get sidetracked with crap that is going on, you will die. If you play a game like Stranglehold or The Conduit, you don't have that much of a problem, HEADSHOT!

Offline zangief

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday June 30, 2009, 12:47:22 AM »
this.

people nowadays are too lazy to even think.

Offline xkoolguy90x

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday June 30, 2009, 02:20:41 AM »
i would say that shooting games are just better. me, im a mixed person. but now-a-days ive been on rpg mostly and gambeling in poker (not real money) and trying to get my ds to have multiple things to do. 360 not here to i have to substitute.

also note that humanity loves violence. really things started because of violence or something thats violent. while many love diplomacy because its non violent, people enjoy the violence anyways. plus the graphics on the next gen consoles are just amazing. but theres still some rpg games coming out on the next gen consoles. dont give up hope! rpg games will have a comeback! and hopefully with a new legend of zelda game. i want something in the zelda series to play. havnt seen anything new in a long time. im worried they dropped the zelda series T.T

Offline ztf

• Voltrekker!
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday June 30, 2009, 02:34:01 AM »
People are more interested in guns and tanks than dragons and swords.

In my personal opinnion ,most of the RPG games are for childish or childish thinking minds.,
And using giant phallic weaponry to blow away enemies is not childish at all.

Offline zangief

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday June 30, 2009, 06:08:02 AM »
it's so funny that i mentioned a while ago that people (im referring to people who prefer FPS over other genres, mind you) are too lazy to think nowadays, and then we got responses like these:

In my personal opinnion ,most of the RPG games are for childish or childish thinking minds.

humanity loves violence. really things started because of violence or something thats violent. while many love diplomacy because its non violent, people enjoy the violence anyways.

these just proved my point tenfold.

i mean it's acceptable prefer FPS over, lets say RPGs simply because they are more fast-paced, you want to exercise your dexterity, or for the simple fact that you like guns, but the posts/reasons above are just plain idiotic.

Offline Seph

• Administrator
    • RomUlation - NDS ROMS, GBA ROMs and PSX ISOs!
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday June 30, 2009, 06:22:17 AM »

Dear sir, play me in a game of Urban Terror and I'll show you just how much of a difference using your brain will make.

There's so much bullshit and prejudice going on in here it actually scares me a bit. FPS games require incredible amount of skill, and not just with aiming but more so in your movement and positioning. FPS games aren't about shooting straight, they're about knowing what your opponent will do and then knowing the best counter move. I've been an FPS gamer for far too many years now, and I certainly don't consider myself a stupid gamer, nor a lesser gamer than RPG gamers.

Also, just because a person prefers a nice FPS game it doesn't mean said person cannot enjoy RPG, RTS or whatever genre games. I'm a huge fan of Gothic II for instance, and I've spent way too many hours on Jagged Alliance.

Seriously people, stop being so closed minded and start looking around you, the world is bigger than just your small world, and chances are 95% of the time your opinion is most likely just plain narrow minded or based on an incorrect assumption.

Sadly, common sense is not so common any more.

Offline ASD789

• Boowhoo..!
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday June 30, 2009, 08:31:54 AM »
I am a PS3 owner and I do scopeless sniping all the time in CoD. I have played halo once. My skills come from playing a wide variety of decent PC FPS games, not some mediocre attempt at a shooter on xbox.

I played nearly all the FPS games...at PC. FPS with Controller and Mouse is very diffrent... But If you can NSK in CoD ,then you are neutral born Console Fps Player. I know I can't all the time...

Offline Eichizen

• Hella expensive card!
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday June 30, 2009, 10:11:58 AM »
Dear sir, play me in a game of Urban Terror and I'll show you just how much of a difference using your brain will make.

There's so much bullshit and prejudice going on in here it actually scares me a bit. FPS games require incredible amount of skill, and not just with aiming but more so in your movement and positioning. FPS games aren't about shooting straight, they're about knowing what your opponent will do and then knowing the best counter move. I've been an FPS gamer for far too many years now, and I certainly don't consider myself a stupid gamer, nor a lesser gamer than RPG gamers.

Also, just because a person prefers a nice FPS game it doesn't mean said person cannot enjoy RPG, RTS or whatever genre games. I'm a huge fan of Gothic II for instance, and I've spent way too many hours on Jagged Alliance.

Seriously people, stop being so closed minded and start looking around you, the world is bigger than just your small world, and chances are 95% of the time your opinion is most likely just plain narrow minded or based on an incorrect assumption.

Sadly, common sense is not so common any more.
What's the requirements of Urban Terror? and sorry about that comment...

I'm currently downloading right now though I won't accept your challenge, I think you'll just destroy me over and over again...I'll just invite some of my friends to play w/ me...

EDIT: If I download it through zip file, do I just extract it and play??? Downloading through torrent right now...
« Last Edit: Tuesday June 30, 2009, 10:20:50 AM by Blade5406 »