1. This forum is in read-only mode.

In Pokemon Dimond and Pearl what starter Should I start off with?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Kingo33, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Kingo33

Kingo33 Well-Known Member

I'm gettin Pokemon Diamond Or Pearl
    And I don't know what Pokemon to start off with
    Chimchar, Piplup Turtwig
    [​IMG]

2. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

i'd say chimchar or piplup.

3. jonathan 321

jonathan 321 Guest

get piplup its strong

4. VSR2009

VSR2009 New Member

I got all 3 starters because I have Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum.

Diamond: Chimchar
    Pearl: Piplup
    Platinum: Turtwig

When I was able to breed them, I just traded them over to each game. But out of the 3 starters, I like Piplup the most.

5. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

turtwig, because his final evolution is grass/ground, which makes it good against the other starters, heres what i said a couple months ago on some other site:
    Question: What pokemon should i catch earlier on in the pokemon platinum game?
    What i said:
    im suggesting turtwig: lemme tell you why, for starters, it has a great defense ratio, and on its final evolution, torterra, its a ground/ grass type, so its good against fire and water, also, its good against the 1st gym

and DON'T catch a bidoof, its a waste of your time, they are puny and weak. For your starter crew,

get STARLY(evolve: staravia then staraptor)a good flying type, good for the 2nd and 4th gyms,

get SHINX(evolve:luxio then luxray) super-strong electric type; its good for the 5th gym, acted as my replacement starter pokemon, as a second-in-command sort-of,

get ONIX(evolve:steelix)good rock type to have around, i replaced mine after awhile..

get MACHOP(evolve machoke then machamp) it's a fighting type thats good to have, good attack stat

get BUIZEL(evolve floatzel) speedy water type, this pokemon and its evolution both are very fast and they have strong attacks

I'd advise you to replace that onix with the egg cynthia(who? you'll find out later) gives you after you defeat team galactic in eterna city(after the 2nd badge)

DETAILS::the egg contains a togepi, which evolves into a togetic, raise it to level 51 or up(patience is key) and evolve it using a shiny stone,then email me if you want an ultimate guide to having to best team ever!!!!!
    and, whatever you do, never-ever-never nevernvernvernNEVER use a rare candy! it will be a weak pokemon!

6. JayBlue

JayBlue Well-Known Member

I'd prefer Chimchar (his second and final evolution,Monferno and Infernape, are both Fire-Fighter) :D

7. MikeHoncho16

MikeHoncho16 Well-Known Member

Go with chimchar, its the best in my opinion

8. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Just get whatever you like,the main game is easy no matter which you pick.

9. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

I would get either one then ask around to get the others. By now there should be someone (me) who can trade with you the other two (I have about 95% of all the pokemons so I dont realy care what you give me). Then all you need is a Starly, Shinx, and a 6th pokemon of your choice. Oh and my first was a chimchar because I love fast pokemons.

10. UltimatePisman

UltimatePisman Well-Known Member

On my real cartridges, I have the followings:
    Diamond (E): Piplup.
    Pearl (U): Turtwig.
    プラチナ (J): ヒコザル。

11. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

oohh!!!!!
    mememememmememmmeee
    i can get u shinies!!!!1
    and a darkrai!!!!
    (well, id need something in return... those guys are rare....)

12. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Sure, we can all Pokesav and use the shiny AR code. Next poser, please.

13. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Turtwig is win for starter.

14. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

pokesav...?
    uhm...
    iwould use pokesav....
    if i knew how.....
    XD...lol....teach me

15. monkeyking87

monkeyking87 Member

Dont mean to hijack the thread but heres my team

Luxray Lvl 31
    Chinchar Lvl 31
    Starvia Lvl 29
    Girafarig Lvl 26
    Psyduck Lvl 24
    Machop Lvl 24

I have 4 badges so far is that team any good? I worked my ass off keeping the levels around about the same, usually I just evolve my starter so that it dwarfs my other teams leaving me screwed in tricky situations where my starter faints. I have given my togepi to daycare reading the advice here I will take back its rare candy, is a togetic worth the hassle?

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Turtwig is best for biginers-chimchar is for experts-piplup is for inbetween.

It's like saying "oh get charmander" in red and blue-that's if you want a hard game!

They may be strong but it's hard at the start-go for grass option ;)

17. Kingo33

Kingo33 Well-Known Member

Turtwig is best for biginers-chimchar is for experts-piplup is for inbetween.

It's like saying "oh get charmander" in red and blue-that's if you want a hard game!

Thanks for da tips

They may be strong but it's hard at the start-go for grass option ;)
    [/quote]

18. Renji217

First of all why hasnt your chimchar evolved yet?? It should have been a Monferno at Lv 14. Seccond I would loose the Machop. Your Monferno will be part fighting (if you evolve him) so its pointless to have two. I would get a Spiritomb to replace him. Its a Ghost/Dark pokemon that is resistant to poison attacks, immune to normal, fighting, and psychic attacks and has no weakness!! The only down side is that its slow but you can always equipt it with a qwick claw and hope for the first attack.

19. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

He might like it to have exclusive moves-like a squrtle learning hydro pump at an earlier level for example.

20. Renji217

The only thing I can see is that he will learn Flamethrower at Lv 41 but hes giveing away Mach Punch, Flame Wheel, and Close Combat. To me thats not worth it. There is also Slack Off at Lv 36 but Monferno can also learn that at Lv 46 and you dont have to give away any good moves while doing so.