Author Topic: Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.  (Read 667400 times)

Offline namiko

• Deviantart
Re: Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.
« Reply #425 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 11:35:40 AM »
Posted by Luga:

There is a FIX for Heart Gold and Soul Silver AT LAST!!
I have used this patch and have played the game for THREE HOURS STRAGHT! IT WORKS! YAY!!
WATCH OUT JOHTO! HERE I COME!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FQ2SVU55

Original Post from GBATemp:Trust me on this one, Rudolph has created alot of patches for problematic ROMs, every patch worked.

REMEMBER!! .BAK IS THE GAME BEFORE PATCH!
USE THE .NDS WHEN THE DATE CHANGES TO THE CURRENT DATE!

How to apply the patch:

Re-download the ROM files and Re-Extract them.
Please only use One at a time.
yup it 100% worked for me. *no freeze or whatsoever*
If you want to use the English translation then do the following:
Download THE ORIGINAL ROM, which can be found at http://www.romulation.net/.. then ROM->Unzip ROM->Rename it to something short like "PSS" or "PHG"->Patch it with the Anti-Freeze Patch from Rudolph first->Then Patch it with the CLEAN ENGLISH PATCH "PSSE/PHGE". Enjoy

Note: for NO$GBA 2.6a besides all the instruction above, you must apply the AR codes to get rid of the black screen and here is the code:

Here is the anti-piracy check Action Replay code Make sure it is entered as *Raw*
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000
That needs to be turned on every time you run the game

I try the AR code and it works but for some reason while saving the game it freeze.

Offline Mr.Smackdown

« Reply #426 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 11:46:43 AM »
Again!

FINALLY FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! M3 USER LOOK OUT!!!! I HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

This are the KazoWAR English Version this one with the Pokegear Bug on the M3 but we in Germany have patched it!!!!!!!!!

This is the KazoWAR Version, all english without the people and WITH the Pokegear!!!! The Pokegear bug IS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! I have tested it on my M3 FINALYY it works...... Im so happy i can cry......
It still have Freezed but in 1 Hour or so. But no Pokegear Bug and English!

Soul Silver
Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/279263238/Pokemon_Soul_Silver__Dslazy___Englisch_patch_.nds
Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=14QUEGQM

Heart Gold
Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/279517298/Pokemon_Heart_Gold__DSlazy___Englisch_2.nds
Megaupload: [COLOR="Red"]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JCHTHM7F[/COLOR]

Offline evilclownbobo

• MySpace -
« Reply #427 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 11:52:01 AM »
Hey, guys. I've been following this thread for the past few days since HG/SS's Rom release, and after numerous attempts to get it to work 100% on NO$GBA 2.6a (and NO$Zoomer), I had many problems over and over again (like most people).

BUT, last night I tried multiple patches together for Pokemon Soul Silver and afterwards, I played about 2 hours nonstop With No Problems At All!

Here's what I did:

STEP 1 - Patch Original Rom with the "No-Freeze RUDOLPH PATCH".

STEP 2 - [Optional - ONLY if you want the menus, Pokemon, attacks, etc. in English] ~ Patch with the ENGLISH PATCH.

STEP 3 - Patch with the CHEAT PATCH. [It patches the No-Black Screen AR cheat into the game to stop the Black Screen.]

STEP 4 - Use the ROM DECRYPTER.

STEP 5 - Go into No$GBA's Emulator Settings and make sure the Reset/Startup Entrypoint is set to "GBA BIOS (Nintendo Logo)" before playing.

So, I have made my own .RAR file for NO$GBA 2.6a users to use with all of the above mentioned Patches in it along with a Readme with the above patching order, as well. Just follow the directions of each patcher and do it in the correct order, and voila.. NO$GBA 2.6a (and NO$Zoomer) plays Pokemon HG/SS Flawlessly.
You can get it HERE [With ORIGINAL HG & SS Roms Included]: http://www.mediafire.com/?2nhhzytwztx
OR
HERE if you want JUST the Patches: http://www.mediafire.com/?jglnkcetmdw

Enjoy, and I really hope this helped for you fellow NO$GBA Users! :)

[[AND, A Huge thanks to all those who made the Patches for this amazing game!!]]
« Last Edit: Monday September 14, 2009, 09:12:50 PM by evilclownbobo »

Offline chidori1

• hmmm.....this is annoying
« Reply #428 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »
Can someone plz post a link to a prepatched rom that works for the R4DS v1.18 that they also know works PASS the 3rd gym badge because I have heart gold and soul silver (PHG-unpatched) (PSS-patched) and both of them started freezing every 3 black screens so say I go thorugh a door then save then go through another door BAM froze so plz help the needy with a prepatch rom (of any one PSS or PHG I don't care anymore) because my computer sucks and won't let me patch, I seen the perpatchs that are already on the thread and im going to try it out but I don't want to try then get to the 3rd gym win then BAM mega freezes so that's why im asking for a link with a 100% no mega freezes after the 3rd gym. Thx btw for the help....(you know to who ever can help me)
« Last Edit: Monday September 14, 2009, 12:12:23 PM by chidori1 »

Offline Tom1107

« Reply #429 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 12:36:31 PM »

Offline rebell45

« Reply #430 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 12:56:17 PM »
its not true
i have as yet all links and patches tested
it get nothing
someone must post an original rom
without patch
that must work on all flashcards
why operates  pokemon platin , diamond,pearl japanese versions on all flashcards and emulators
HG/SS are not different than the three

Offline Melth

« Reply #431 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 12:58:13 PM »

Offline dragneon007

« Reply #432 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 01:06:51 PM »
Hey Guys I discovered something that might prove useful later
I mention'd that You couldn't trade or connect onto Wifi with a flashcart
but you could still get your friend code, but now get this you can't trade in the union Room either with DS to DS, Soo... this got me thinking... maybe it had something to do with flash carts then it hit me! I'll use NO$GBA 2.6a to trade from No$to No$ via LINK and the good thing is HGSS works with the NO$ link unlike platinum version so what I did is linked my pearl ROM on my NO$GBA 2.6a with my other no$gba with HG version and the cool part is.. that both can get on the union room and link UP!
but!!! theres a bug or some kind of anti trade thing going on in the HGSS ROM'S because even thoe they can link up in the union room and see each others avatars.. they can't Talk to each other or it will freeze up on HGSS and same goes for Wifi on Flash carts
but! when you use Union room on flashcarts the wirless just goes all Crazy on HGSS and doesnt connect.

Could this be some kind of Anti trade? to prevent ROM's to interact with Wifi? or any kind of local wireless protection?

Just thought I post this just incase anyone does manage to fix the game and run into this future problem, and can look at the tests I did.

Offline Tom1107

« Reply #433 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 01:17:17 PM »
Hey Guys I discovered something that might prove useful later
I mention'd that You couldn't trade or connect onto Wifi with a flashcart
but you could still get your friend code, but now get this you can't trade in the union Room either with DS to DS, Soo... this got me thinking... maybe it had something to do with flash carts then it hit me! I'll use NO$GBA 2.6a to trade from No$to No$ via LINK and the good thing is HGSS works with the NO$ link unlike platinum version so what I did is linked my pearl ROM on my NO$GBA 2.6a with my other no$gba with HG version and the cool part is.. that both can get on the union room and link UP!
but!!! theres a bug or some kind of anti trade thing going on in the HGSS ROM'S because even thoe they can link up in the union room and see each others avatars.. they can't Talk to each other or it will freeze up on HGSS and same goes for Wifi on Flash carts
but! when you use Union room on flashcarts the wirless just goes all Crazy on HGSS and doesnt connect.

Could this be some kind of Anti trade? to prevent ROM's to interact with Wifi? or any kind of local wireless protection?

Just thought I post this just incase anyone does manage to fix the game and run into this future problem, and can look at the tests I did.

I was trading on wifi last night?
Worked fine for me. I got my PCP for my notched ear pichu.
must be your cart. I'm using an Acekard2i on my DSi

Offline zeyad477

« Reply #434 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 02:58:37 PM »
Zeyad is it possible for you to make pre-patched games? That seems easier to download...
seems you still having problems with how to patch the ROM with Rudolph's patch .

okay, here is a file that I have uploaded, it contains Pokemon Heart Gold ROM, pre-patched with the translation patch and the freeze patch , it works perfectly.

IT HAS BEEN TASTED ONLY WITH NO$GBA 2.6a

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2XM8Y0VL

Again, keep in mind that you must apply the anti-piracy check AR code to get rid of the black screen as it needs to be turned on every time you run the game :

020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

NOTE:for no$gba users, to make your save file compatible with the newly patched game, you need to go to your Battery folder, find your original save file and re-name it to :

phg_patched.SAV
« Last Edit: Monday September 14, 2009, 03:01:03 PM by zeyad477 »

Offline Alexhua

« Reply #435 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 03:36:13 PM »
CSL00's patch has been working amazing for me on my Acekard 2i. I had 2 hours continuous play with no problems or freezing. It's on page 16 for those who want to use it.

Offline sp-ky

« Reply #436 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 03:42:53 PM »
finally !!!! the luga patch worked for me ! if you're still having trouble tell me   

Offline evilclownbobo

• MySpace -
« Reply #437 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 03:57:52 PM »
So... No one else has tried my method and download I posted, yet?

Offline andyman12

« Reply #438 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 04:14:51 PM »
So... No one else has tried my method and download I posted, yet?

I downloaded what you have provided in the link but have not tested yet.  Thanks.

So far I have an untrimmed SS and HG, Naruto's provided patched rom(works great freezes still occur after about 40 mins, but I am past the 4th gym and it doesn't freeze often), CSL00's posted patch on a rom (have not tested), and now yours. I am also to get luga's patch and test it, I pretty much just hope to get this to work on NO$GBA 2.6 (NO$zoomer) and R4 1.18 kernal. Would you suggest getting a R4 or an acekeard for these roms. I plan to compete and trade.

Thanks everyone who has worked hard on these patches and such.

Offline Akuma0

« Reply #439 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 04:22:21 PM »
Is there any patch to Acekard 2.1 users?

Offline evilclownbobo

• MySpace -
« Reply #440 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 04:23:25 PM »
Alright, it *SHOULD* work for you 100% if you do what I did and posted here.
Also, I'm not sure about what Flash Cart you should get. I don't have one.

No problem, though! :)

Offline wellthen

« Reply #441 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 04:42:55 PM »
First, to Andyman12, i have had a few flashcarts and in my experience R4/i is the best, although recently some games e.g this and mario and luigi 3 have had certain compatibility issues. however the user interface and playback i find is best on r4. But please keep me posted on the results of your tests =)

and secondly to yoshi12370, i might be mistaken but i believe that the aide appears in the pokemart on this game not the pokemon center, hope that helps.

^^^Oh i was beat to it i guess.

« Reply #442 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 05:07:35 PM »

Offline Rai Tora

« Reply #443 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 06:23:25 PM »
My Game Freezes Everytime I Save Ive Used Like 4 Diferent Patches And Non Work :/ Helppp I Need Thiiss GAmme :'(

Offline timmy1991

• Back on the forums
    • Firesquare Private World of Warcraft Server
« Reply #444 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 07:00:09 PM »
Mine keeps freezing when I finish the Kabuto puzzle in the Ruins of Alph

Offline dragneon007

« Reply #445 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 07:46:37 PM »
I was trading on wifi last night?
Worked fine for me. I got my PCP for my notched ear pichu.
must be your cart. I'm using an Acekard2i on my DSi
from which Page and from who did you get yours from?

I too have a acekard2i so which one are you using?
Also I'm currently playing on HG version would be nice to know who you got yours from I am using smackdowns first LInk he posted?

Offline evilclownbobo

• MySpace -
« Reply #446 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 07:55:21 PM »
It's on Page 18, Rebell45... In my post.

Offline BSNAllstar

• ~You know how we do
    • Twitter
« Reply #447 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 08:05:18 PM »
My Heart Gold keeps crashing on my R4. Is there any way of fixing this as of late?

Offline stupapro34

« Reply #448 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »
Hey, guys. I've been following this thread for the past few days since HG/SS's Rom release, and after numerous attempts to get it to work 100% on NO$GBA 2.6a (and NO$Zoomer), I had many problems over and over again (like most people).

BUT, last night I tried multiple patches together for Pokemon Soul Silver and afterwards, I played about 2 hours nonstop With No Problems At All!

Here's what I did:

1st - Get the ORIGINAL Pokemon Soul Silver OR Pokemon Heart Gold Rom.
2nd - Patch Original Rom with the "No-Freeze RUDOLPH PATCH".
3rd [Optional] - Patch with the ENGLISH PATCH (Selecting "SSE_NO$.patch" for Soul Silver OR the "HGE_NO$.patch" for Heart Gold).
4th - Patch with the CHEAT PATCH. [It patches the No-Black Screen AR cheat into the game to stop the Black Screen]
5th - Use the ROM DECRYPTER.

So, I have made my own .RAR file for NO$GBA 2.6a users to use with all of the above mentioned Patches in it along with a Readme with the above patching order, as well. Just follow the directions of each patcher and do it in the correct order, and voila.. NO$GBA 2.6a (and NO$Zoomer) plays Pokemon HG/SS Flawlessly.
You can get it HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?cwjimyndibz

ALSO! DO NOT Forget to set your NO$GBA setting to play the game from the NDS Bios.

Enjoy, and I really hope this helped for you fellow NO$GBA Users! :)

[[AND, A Huge thanks to all those who made the Patches for this amazing game!!]]

Sup man, when I first started trying to get HG&SS working after using the AR codes like every 15 minutes the rom would crash. I just tried this method using no$gba 2.6a with no$zoomer 2.3.0.2 and I'm like 2 1/2 hours in, a little after the first gym and the rom hasn't crashed on me once. Maybe like 2 times the graphics for my guy bugged out but entering/leaving a building fixed it. Thank you very much for this patch pack and instructions, seems to work perfectly. Any of you no$gba users should try this out.

(small note I didn't use the english patch that came with his zip file i used the latest english patch 3a)

Offline wellthen

« Reply #449 on: Monday September 14, 2009, 08:23:45 PM »
^^^The latest patch is 3b, not much has changed it is just a few error fixes.