1. This forum is in read-only mode.

FAQ: How to Add Cheat Codes Using r4cce.exe

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mikeac, Sep 19, 2009.

1. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Note: This may vary depending on what flash cart and firmware you use. I use an AceKard 2i with AKAIO in this FAQ. You can google instructions on the steps I say ~~VARIED~~. You can post how to do it on a different flash cart on this Thread.

1)Click the link below to download r4cce. It's some ways down the site, which has a lot of apps.
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=r4cce&l=1 I use USRCHEAT.dat, but you can pick whatever.

2)Download a cheat file from cheats.gbatemp.net and save it to anywhere on the computer.

3)Extract it using Win RAR, Win ZIP, 7ZIP or any other extractor.

4)Open the Folder and Double-Click the r4cce.exe file.

5)Click File>Open>somewhere>cheatfolder>cheat-file.xxx

6)Click on Add Game and type in the title and game ID (google) on the right. Skip this step if your game is already added.

7) *optional* Click on Add Folder if you want to, and name it. Skip this one if you don't need a folder.

8)Highlight ( :p Click :p) the Folder/Game you want to add the code to. If you highlight the folder, it will place it in it, if you highlight the game, it will place it in the game.

9)Click Add Code, put in any title,add a comment *optional* add copy/paste the code.

10) ~~VARIED~~ Save it and copy/paste it into your flash cart. Take the Micro SD (HC) card with enough room for the cheat file out of your flash cart, use a TransFlash reader or SD Card Adapter and insert it into the Card/USB Port on your computer. For the Acekard 2i w/ AKAIO for example is ((MicroSD(HC)Card))X:>_aio>cheats

11) ~~( AKRPG only )VARIED( only AKRPG )~~Safely Remove your Micro SD ( HC ) card by right-clicking Safely Remove or Eject, then pull it out and insert it into your flash cart.

12) ~~VARIED~~ Start up your DS and flash cart, navigate to your game by clicking on various folders that you created, open up the cheat editor ( Y on Acekard ), ~IMPORTANT~ Click Rebuild *if you have that option* ( This may take a while ), and select your cheats using X and Y.

13)Start up your game and viola! You have your new cheats.

??? FAQ ???

Coming Soon so you can ask away! After I create this to my fullest extent... STOP ASKING!!!!!

Directions with pictures are Coming Sooner or Later

BTW KEEP THIS FAQ ALIVE!!!

2. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

R4CCE can't handle my cheat database :/

3. mrfatso

mrfatso Well-Known Member

well, i might as well ask here and see if anyone knows.

But is there any shortcut to adding long codes like say

stuff modifier
    abcd1234 0000xxxx

list of stuff
    0001 -> a
    0002 -> b
    0003 ->c

is there a short cut or just time consuming manuelly copy and pasting the?

4. blazergame

blazergame Well-Known Member

my database is good enough, but this really helps

5. draknyte1

draknyte1 Member

Wow found this useful :D

This is defintly helpful for anyone who has no idea... sorry if Necroposting wasn't necessary

6. AKOMISMO123

AKOMISMO123 Well-Known Member

Should the name of the game in the cheat database be the same with the rom?