1. This forum is in read-only mode.

How do I get a patch to work on r4 card?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ianismt, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianismt

ianismt New Member

I have an R4 card using v1.18. I have downloaded many games before but never had to get past the AP using a patch.
    I have recently down loaded Zelda spirit Tracks which contains a patch and I have opened the file using Win Rar.
    despite reading all the info on how to get the train working I do not understand how you use patches to alter the nds rom. I have tried changing the name of the rom and dragging it to xpa-zstc.bat file but it just adds the rom to the winrar file.
    Can anyone supply me with a beginers guide on how to use the patches for R4 cards, I have been trying to do this for past 3 days!
    Thanks
    Ismt

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

First extract the files from the RAR.
    Then once the files are extracted, rename the ROM and drag it onto the bat file.

It seems that you are just opening the RAR File and dragging more files into it (which just tries to add the files to the rar, like you saw).

3. ianismt

ianismt New Member

Thanks for the reply, I am still having problems.

I downloaded the patched rom file
    I extracted the nds file using winrar
    I extracted xpa.zstc.bat
    I extracted xpa-lzst.crack
    I re-named the nds file xpa-lzst.nds
    I dragged onto xpa-zstc.bat

At this point the instructions state I should have a file named xpa-lzst-cracked.nds.
    However all I get is a window which states "The legend of Zelda:spirit tracks crack by xenophobia patching....
    Xdelta.exe is not recognised as an internal or external command operable program or batch file. Done, press any key to continue"

I am obviously still doing something wrong.
    Please help
    Thanks
    Ismt

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Try just double clicking on the xpa.zstc.bat file. That should start the patch as well. Just make sure that xpa-lzst.nds is in the same folder.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

If you cannot get it to work, search for a pre-patched ROM within the Zelda topic.

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

It would be easyer to use this firmware , with a clean version of the (U) rom ownly

DSTT v1.17a12 For R4 Original Users

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mxtlngy5jyr

https://www.romulation.org/NDS/4506_-_The_Legend_of_Zelda_Spirit_Tracks_(U)(Xenophobia).rar.html/

(Note) (E) version will not work with any firmware, Just the (U) version

7. did43

did43 New Member

help me .got a r4 card .what do i need two put games on it helppppppp

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

What type of R4 card?, as the are so many of them, check box or card

If it's a orignal R4 from www.r4ds.com then use the mediafire link aboth you ^

Format your microSD, Place files from inside of winrar arcive onto your microSD, then place .nds games in NDS Games folder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.