1. This forum is in read-only mode.

AceKard 2.1 Akaio V1.5.1 help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lizz0784, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizz0784

Lizz0784 Well-Known Member

I just got my Acekard 2.1 and added the Akaio firmware 1.5.1. Added the new akloader into the loader folder. When I play games they freeze after the first few loading screens (Game name, maker name etc...). I've tried reformatting and starting new. I have no option of changing the loader to the akloader instead of the akaio in the game settings.

When I put the akloader in the akloader folder as opposed to the loader folder I can change the settings to load with akloader and the games work great. Problem is when I save a game, go to game title and shut down ds, the akaio wont load back up. I just get the loading screen... I've tried this with several games.

Harvest Moon Sunshine Island (U)
    MySims Kingdom (U)
    New Super Mario Bros (U)
    Rune Factory 2 (U)
    Super Mario 64 DS (U)
    Scribblenauts (U)

I've tried changing the settings and enabling everything: cheats, DS download play, Soft rest. No go. I haven't tried disabling them yet. Also changed the save slot to 1 as opposed to default... It just wont save the games or let me shut the game down after saving and reload the akaio.

Should I try Akaio 1.4? Or the Acekard firware? I am extracting the 2 files to the root. And games into a Games folder in root.

Edit: I've also tried Akaio 1.5 and disabling everything: cheats, ds download play etc. Reformatting with vista and Panasonic formatting various times

2. meeshelly

meeshelly Well-Known Member

3. Lizz0784

I got it working by installing v1.4.1 then upgrading to v1.5.1 and putting the akloader into the akloader folder. The games don't freeze and they save. Tried the akloader in _aio/loader but it still didn't let me change the options for loading it with akloader instead of akiao. Works when I put it in the akloader folder though on root. o_O;

Only so far on New Super Mario Bros it doesn't say their is a save in the game (File 1) but when you load File 1:New game it loads the sav anyways. Did that make sense?

4. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem when I put that nLoader file into the folder-it stuck at loading.There are 2 x other files in that folder-and someone said to delete them.

No-one either knows or will confirm if you need/or its better to delete the 2xfiles in the loader folder for AKAIO.

5. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

What happens if you dont delete the akloader+akploader files from there-does it cause a conflict.I was sure my card wouldnt work because I didnt delete them.In all the guides Ive read,no-one has said to delete that 2 x files......

6. Lizz0784

Ah. I was having trouble with saving games but that could be because I put akloader in the akloader folder. I deleted the files in loaders and added the akloader to the loader folder. Will see if that helps with the saving games

7. biggerm

biggerm New Member

help im having the same problem to set the ds up seems idioit proof but i just cant get it ive tryed every loader version i could find games just lock up at title screen. any help would be awesome

8. tykep

tykep Member

uhhh has anyone ever had a problem with 1.51 where when u install it it breaks or something(apparently happened to me with 1.5 but uhhh i think it was me putting a patched loz spirit tracks on it.... because it worked right before i put that on..... it mustve been somehting from that....)not sure though so if anyone ever had a problem like that(by breaking i mean the entire card wont load) uhh plz tell me.... if there r no problems like that i might upgrade to 1.51

9. mike1111m

mike1111m New Member

i could not save only when i installed Version : 4.08 OS menu 408 for AK RPG.after i did i could save.i have acekard 2 ver 2.1

10. KajaMia

KajaMia Member

I have today got 3 Acekards 2.1 - and they all stick after the intro of the game. Looks like its something with the save function that causes it. I have tried several versions of AKAIO, but no luck. The SDHC card is working perfect on my other cards. I received 2 Acekards 2i a month ago, and had no problems with those.

Could it be something with the hardware? Meaning an error with the Acekards 2.1?

I bought them at DealExtreme.

I would not make sense to install latest firmware, because it is so outdated.

Can anyone help? :(

11. Lizz0784

I had the same problem and couldn't find a fix so they're sending me a free replacement. In the meantime I spend a little more money at realhotstuff.com for an acekard 2i

12. KajaMia

KajaMia Member

Lizz - did you try to delete the two mentioned files in the Akaio loaders?

Or was that a dead end?

13. Lizz0784

Yes I tried doing that and it still didn't work. I got the games to work but still no saving. To get the games to work I downloaded Akaio 1.4.1 and an old loader for it. Still it would not save and I reformated many times. Tried different firmware, different loaders. Getting rid of the cheats file.

14. KajaMia

KajaMia Member

Hm OK - in another forum I heard somebody using firmware ak2_407_a15 - this should make the games run and able to save.

However this is an old release, so you will not be able to play the newer games asfor example Inside Bowser Story.

So this will not be a solution for keeps.

I have also just written to DX - so we will see if it helps with new cards. I wonder if the newest Acekard 2i sold also is coursing trouble?

15. Lizz0784

I also saw that someone did that but I haven't tried it yet. I just bought a new ak2i from realhotstuff.com after having trouble with the ak2 from dealextreme and I have no problems with it so I think it may have just been the ak2 having problems.

I recieved the ak2i in about a week but then again I live 6 hours from the place that sent it. It cost $24 with free shipping o_O;

I sent dealextreme a request for replacement on the 8th. They replied on the 12th telling me to check their forums for a solution. I replied back right away saying I could not find a solution. They replied on the 13th saying they were shipping out a free replacement. =D

16. KajaMia

KajaMia Member

OK - thanks for info - I live in Denmark, so that is a little further :)

I guess I will wait for them to ship some new ones, and if that doesnt work, the will just have to give me some AKi's. The only bad thing is the looooooooong delivery time from them :-\

17. Lizz0784

Oh yea. I heard they had a long delivery time and thought I could wait since it was cheaper but I was so impatient

18. booder321

booder321 New Member

Hi i have the same problem and i am new to this so ok i have a acekard 2.1 now i download the akaio 1.5.1. so everything is cool me playing zelda i save it then next thing you know i turn it back on its gone. can some one help me plz and if it helps i got mines of deal extreme also i have tried what other ppl said but idk whats goin on and i am using a dsl with a microsd 4 gig plzz help me ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.